Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 48 Highlands 24

Featured Replies

I hear ya. And I know the Raider fans will think I'm hating, but all three are down this year. LC and Cov Cath has a titanic struggle tonight! And HHS just is not a good football team right now. I have to be careful what I say...apparently I have hurt the feelings of a few football dads. I have always told it like it is, but this group doesn't like that I guess. Apparently none of us that have watched HHS football for years know anything about the game and somehow make people dumber by reading our posts!!!

 

Checking out from the insanity! Watched a lot of "Olympic Sports", "World Cups", etc... over my life. Just because I watched, doesn't mean I knew what I was talking about. Been around a long time and have seen, coached and played at a level higher than most. Not that it matters, but unless you are Trent Dilfer, John Gruden, Chris Collinsworth, Merill Hoge, Ron Jaworski or someone that has stood on the opposite side of a defense/offense, taken a snap, dropped backed, took a handoff and been there, at a higher level, (high school football doesn't count), then you are not an expert. I love the fact that you "think" you are an expert because you have "watched" football for many years, yet someone disagrees with your "not so expert opinion" and you get defensive.

Like I have said before, I get it! This site is a place for people to express their opinions, whether or not their opinions merit any consideration or not, but it is still your opinion. Everyone has one!

Unfortunately there is no "test" or "checking of credentials" to verify any one's opinion.

I sincerely hope that everyone has fun with this site, but more importantly I hope those that think they know everything, really take a moment to think before they post.

If you really had any idea about what you were saying, you would consider the circumstance that each team is facing in each game.

Everyone has their "expert opinion" and it is "very easy" to sit in the stands and see a receiver "wide open", a hole that was "wide open" a play that was there, but someone "screwed up". Unless you have played and experienced this at a level greater than a high school, where most of the coaches haven't experienced, then I suggest you keep your, "arm chair/running back/oc/dc/opinion to yourself. Encourage kids to get better, root for your team! But please, do not insert your "expert opinion" into you comments.

It was once told to me, "No matter how tough or smart you are, there is always someone smarter and tougher." "If you don't believe me, go ahead and find out for yourself."

Good Luck to everyone!

No need to respond, as I will not be around to view, I have officially signed off of the "ignorant comments" and "expert opinions" for good!

May everyone who thinks they are smart continue to think they are smart, and everyone who knows what they are talking about have the grace, glory and wisdom to turn the other cheek.

Edited by Ram
Rule 12

  • Replies 221
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checking out from the insanity! Watched a lot of "Olympic Sports", "World Cups", etc... over my life. Just because I watched, doesn't mean I knew what I was talking about. Been around a long time and have seen, coached and played at a level higher than most. Not that it matters, but unless you are Trent Dilfer, John Gruden, Chris Collinsworth, Merill Hoge, Ron Jaworski or someone that has stood on the opposite side of a defense/offense, taken a snap, dropped backed, took a handoff and been there, at a higher level, (high school football doesn't count), then you are not an expert. I love the fact that you "think" you are an expert because you have "watched" football for many years, yet someone disagrees with your "not so expert opinion" and you get defensive.

Like I have said before, I get it! This site is a place for people to express their opinions, whether or not their opinions merit any consideration or not, but it is still your opinion. Everyone has one!

Unfortunately there is no "test" or "checking of credentials" to verify any one's opinion.

I sincerely hope that everyone has fun with this site, but more importantly I hope those that think they know everything, really take a moment to think before they post.

If you really had any idea about what you were saying, you would consider the circumstance that each team is facing in each game.

Everyone has their "expert opinion" and it is "very easy" to sit in the stands and see a receiver "wide open", a hole that was "wide open" a play that was there, but someone "screwed up". Unless you have played and experienced this at a level greater than a high school, where most of the coaches haven't experienced, then I suggest you keep your, "arm chair/running back/oc/dc/opinion to yourself. Encourage kids to get better, root for your team! But please, do not insert your "expert opinion" into you comments.

It was once told to me, "No matter how tough or smart you are, there is always someone smarter and tougher." "If you don't believe me, go ahead and find out for yourself."

Good Luck to everyone!

No need to respond, as I will not be around to view, I have officially signed off of the "ignorant comments" and "expert opinions" for good!

May everyone who thinks they are smart continue to think they are smart, and everyone who knows what they are talking about have the grace, glory and wisdom to turn the other cheek.

 

Quite possibly the funniest post I've ever read on BGP.

 

So to understand your post better, in order for us to know what we're talking about when it comes to high school football, we would've had to play at a higher level of football?

 

That it is pretty funny.

Played final year at UC.

 

Didn't know that!

Wow, I just threw up my dinner, lunch and whatever else I ate. So you have to play above high school football to know anything about the game? Please.

Checking out from the insanity! Watched a lot of "Olympic Sports", "World Cups", etc... over my life. Just because I watched, doesn't mean I knew what I was talking about. Been around a long time and have seen, coached and played at a level higher than most. Not that it matters, but unless you are Trent Dilfer, John Gruden, Chris Collinsworth, Merill Hoge, Ron Jaworski or someone that has stood on the opposite side of a defense/offense, taken a snap, dropped backed, took a handoff and been there, at a higher level, (high school football doesn't count), then you are not an expert. I love the fact that you "think" you are an expert because you have "watched" football for many years, yet someone disagrees with your "not so expert opinion" and you get defensive.

Like I have said before, I get it! This site is a place for people to express their opinions, whether or not their opinions merit any consideration or not, but it is still your opinion. Everyone has one!

Unfortunately there is no "test" or "checking of credentials" to verify any one's opinion.

I sincerely hope that everyone has fun with this site, but more importantly I hope those that think they know everything, really take a moment to think before they post.

If you really had any idea about what you were saying, you would consider the circumstance that each team is facing in each game.

Everyone has their "expert opinion" and it is "very easy" to sit in the stands and see a receiver "wide open", a hole that was "wide open" a play that was there, but someone "screwed up". Unless you have played and experienced this at a level greater than a high school, where most of the coaches haven't experienced, then I suggest you keep your, "arm chair/running back/oc/dc/opinion to yourself. Encourage kids to get better, root for your team! But please, do not insert your "expert opinion" into you comments.

It was once told to me, "No matter how tough or smart you are, there is always someone smarter and tougher." "If you don't believe me, go ahead and find out for yourself."

Good Luck to everyone!

No need to respond, as I will not be around to view, I have officially signed off of the "ignorant comments" and "expert opinions" for good!

May everyone who thinks they are smart continue to think they are smart, and everyone who knows what they are talking about have the grace, glory and wisdom to turn the other cheek and realize the audacity that is, BGP's!

 

You're funny. I know exactly who you are. And you know me. I actually played with you at HHS! And you played at the next level. Exactly where did you play? Sounds like it was big time!

 

I do know what I'm talking about. And I have not said anything bad. You got upset because I said Gosney had a good game against SC and that the SC game could have potentially been worse because of previous turnovers. When you are the QB at a big program, you draw attention. Nothing I have said is bad. You are just too close to the situation. It's probably a good thing you are signing off.

 

There is nothing wrong with letting kids hear others opinions. These kids are ready to go into the real world. It will be much more brutal than anything that is said in BGP! What anyone has said on here is nowhere near what they will be introduced to in just a couple months.

 

If you want to show me where I'm wrong, we can discuss it all you want. Show me where "I don't know what I'm talking about" I have always called it like I see it. And never has anyone from our own fan base attacked me for my comments on here. In fact, it's been the opposite

 

I told you Guru!

Checking out from the insanity! Watched a lot of "Olympic Sports", "World Cups", etc... over my life. Just because I watched, doesn't mean I knew what I was talking about. Been around a long time and have seen, coached and played at a level higher than most. Not that it matters, but unless you are Trent Dilfer, John Gruden, Chris Collinsworth, Merill Hoge, Ron Jaworski or someone that has stood on the opposite side of a defense/offense, taken a snap, dropped backed, took a handoff and been there, at a higher level, (high school football doesn't count), then you are not an expert. I love the fact that you "think" you are an expert because you have "watched" football for many years, yet someone disagrees with your "not so expert opinion" and you get defensive.

Like I have said before, I get it! This site is a place for people to express their opinions, whether or not their opinions merit any consideration or not, but it is still your opinion. Everyone has one!

Unfortunately there is no "test" or "checking of credentials" to verify any one's opinion.

I sincerely hope that everyone has fun with this site, but more importantly I hope those that think they know everything, really take a moment to think before they post.

If you really had any idea about what you were saying, you would consider the circumstance that each team is facing in each game.

Everyone has their "expert opinion" and it is "very easy" to sit in the stands and see a receiver "wide open", a hole that was "wide open" a play that was there, but someone "screwed up". Unless you have played and experienced this at a level greater than a high school, where most of the coaches haven't experienced, then I suggest you keep your, "arm chair/running back/oc/dc/opinion to yourself. Encourage kids to get better, root for your team! But please, do not insert your "expert opinion" into you comments.

It was once told to me, "No matter how tough or smart you are, there is always someone smarter and tougher." "If you don't believe me, go ahead and find out for yourself."

Good Luck to everyone!

No need to respond, as I will not be around to view, I have officially signed off of the "ignorant comments" and "expert opinions" for good!

May everyone who thinks they are smart continue to think they are smart, and everyone who knows what they are talking about have the grace, glory and wisdom to turn the other cheek.

 

Cris*

And BGP takes down another. Wowza!

I'm guessing Ryle is still better up front then Dixie, who rushed for over 150 yards against SK. Ryle will beat both, I'm really not that worried about either. Ryle is on a mission, and has bigger fish to fry down the road. Cooper vs. Bryan Station wasn't even close. Cooper ZERO TD's against BS, Ryle scored 5 on BS. Ryle will beat Cooper by 2 TD's. SK is also much better then Cooper, for what it's worth.

 

I'm still trying to find where BS and Ryle played this season....

I'm just glad we can apparently now use Bryan Station's initials without the word filter, I don't type very well.

Checking out from the insanity! Watched a lot of "Olympic Sports", "World Cups", etc... over my life. Just because I watched, doesn't mean I knew what I was talking about. Been around a long time and have seen, coached and played at a level higher than most. Not that it matters, but unless you are Trent Dilfer, John Gruden, Chris Collinsworth, Merill Hoge, Ron Jaworski or someone that has stood on the opposite side of a defense/offense, taken a snap, dropped backed, took a handoff and been there, at a higher level, (high school football doesn't count), then you are not an expert. I love the fact that you "think" you are an expert because you have "watched" football for many years, yet someone disagrees with your "not so expert opinion" and you get defensive.

Like I have said before, I get it! This site is a place for people to express their opinions, whether or not their opinions merit any consideration or not, but it is still your opinion. Everyone has one!

Unfortunately there is no "test" or "checking of credentials" to verify any one's opinion.

I sincerely hope that everyone has fun with this site, but more importantly I hope those that think they know everything, really take a moment to think before they post.

If you really had any idea about what you were saying, you would consider the circumstance that each team is facing in each game.

Everyone has their "expert opinion" and it is "very easy" to sit in the stands and see a receiver "wide open", a hole that was "wide open" a play that was there, but someone "screwed up". Unless you have played and experienced this at a level greater than a high school, where most of the coaches haven't experienced, then I suggest you keep your, "arm chair/running back/oc/dc/opinion to yourself. Encourage kids to get better, root for your team! But please, do not insert your "expert opinion" into you comments.

It was once told to me, "No matter how tough or smart you are, there is always someone smarter and tougher." "If you don't believe me, go ahead and find out for yourself."

Good Luck to everyone!

No need to respond, as I will not be around to view, I have officially signed off of the "ignorant comments" and "expert opinions" for good!

May everyone who thinks they are smart continue to think they are smart, and everyone who knows what they are talking about have the grace, glory and wisdom to turn the other cheek.

 

Let me ask you something. Did you play all those Olympic sports you watched?

Next question.

So a person can't understand the game of Football until they reach and play in College? I'm just curious because if that is the case then we have a ton of coaches and players running around on Friday Nights that according to you haven't a clue what they are doing. I'm surprised the kids even know what a football is.

 

Thanks for the insight Tracy Jones

I'm just glad we can apparently now use Bryan Station's initials without the word filter, I don't type very well.

 

I think that is BS we can now use BS without word filter.

Let me ask you something. Did you play all those Olympic sports you watched?

Next question.

So a person can't understand the game of Football until they reach and play in College? I'm just curious because if that is the case then we have a ton of coaches and players running around on Friday Nights that according to you haven't a clue what they are doing. I'm surprised the kids even know what a football is.

 

Thanks for the insight Tracy Jones

There are NFL coaches that didn't play college and college coaches that didn't play college, also.

I'm still trying to find where BS and Ryle played this season....

Scrimmage at Ryle preseason.

The answer unfortunately is both. The DLine can't stop the run and the OLine

Can't run block Very well. That is just from my observation. So both sides of the ball have issues.

 

The problem this years HHS team has is for once in a long time they don't have a QB that can put the team on his shoulders to a win. I don't think they have played a game yet where their opponents QB wasn't the best on the field. That means if HHS doesn't have a run game they are in trouble.

IMO, for years and years, HHS has been a running football team that just beat up on their opponents. It just looks a little nicer when you do it from the shotgun instead of the Power I or I formation. Then when they did throw it, it was very efficient. But I think even when they had the big time D1 Qbs, they were a nasty team running the football.

Scrimmage at Ryle preseason.

 

Full game? Starters play the whole game? Can't really use a scrimmage as a measuring stick, but if it makes you feel better.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.