14th region

Call me clutch sorry but more people do attend Boys regionl tourament games, then girls. Boys is just more entertaining than girls..sorry..

Sorry, but if you have a daughter playing then the girls games would be more appealing. It' s the perspective you are looking from. Everyone understands that the boys and girls play different styles of ball.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some things in Boys basketball that are exciting, you may have a break away dunk, a three pointer from 40 feet, but what does that give you, 2 points for the dunk, yea it looks good...a 40 foot jumper, no its not 4 points it's still three, today in boys basketball everyone wants to make themselves look good and totally forgets about the rest of the team, "i want my points". In girls basketball this isn't usually the case, the girls are more about winning, and always look for the extra pass...i know this sounds funny, but i wish boys basketball would change in this regard... If you have a daughter or son that is involved with a sport sure you're going to lean toward their game, both are equally important. The only reason that more people would attend boys regional tournaments is the ego kicking in, it seems more important and more entertaining, but it's like CSI Miami said its the where your coming from...

There are some things in Boys basketball that are exciting, you may have a break away dunk, a three pointer from 40 feet, but what does that give you, 2 points for the dunk, yea it looks good...a 40 foot jumper, no its not 4 points it's still three, today in boys basketball everyone wants to make themselves look good and totally forgets about the rest of the team, "i want my points". In girls basketball this isn't usually the case, the girls are more about winning, and always look for the extra pass...i know this sounds funny, but i wish boys basketball would change in this regard... If you have a daughter or son that is involved with a sport sure you're going to lean toward their game, both are equally important. The only reason that more people would attend boys regional tournaments is the ego kicking in, it seems more important and more entertaining, but it's like CSI Miami said its the where your coming from...

Boys basketball is just at a faster pace and more physical.

We could argue which is more entertaining and it does depend on your perspective. The point, though, is that the boys regional tournament draws a much, much bigger crowd than the girls.

I would hate to be involved in a regional tournament in Memorial Gym. It was a major hassle just to park for a Christmas tournament. It would be a nightmare in the postseason.

I was told by someone with the state department of education that the Letcher Central gym seated less than 3,000. How does it compare to Perry Central or Knott Central?

We could argue which is more entertaining and it does depend on your perspective. The point, though, is that the boys regional tournament draws a much, much bigger crowd than the girls.

I would hate to be involved in a regional tournament in Memorial Gym. It was a major hassle just to park for a Christmas tournament. It would be a nightmare in the postseason.

I was told by someone with the state department of education that the Letcher Central gym seated less than 3,000. How does it compare to Perry Central or Knott Central?

I was told by the school AD last year that Letcher's gym would seat 3500. That number is about as low in seating capacity one can go in order to comfortably host a boys region, in my opinion. But if it's capacity will be only 3000.....well, that's not big enough.

Knott Central's gym seats 5000 and Perry Central's seats 4500.

And your assessent of the Hazard venue is correct......not nearly enough seating and the parking is definitely a "hassle".

That is exactly right the girls could care less they just want to win. It is more of a team game in girls ball than it is in boys. ANd for whom ever said boys are more physical, yes they can be but go watch some of these tournaments the girls play in. At times it can get rougher than the boys games.

It would seem that Breathitt is actually the most centrally located when considering the 56th as well. Perry Central, though the best gym I have seen in the region, is really a stretch for the 56th district.