Anderson County 27 George Rogers Clark 26

I was at the game. No AC coaches were in the press box.

I don't know who the radio guys were talking about.

As far as vandalizing the bus, after watching the game, I'm not surprised. Seemed to be a lot of trash talking by GRC players the entire game. I'm all for players being hyped and full of pride. It seemed to be going past that. I have watched a ton of high school football and even coached a few years. I can tell the difference.

I also witnessed what I really don't know how to describe last night. AC took a knee with 23 seconds left on the clock. Should have been the final play. The GRC coach then called a TO with about 12 sec. left. Never seen that before.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as vandalizing the bus, after watching the game, I'm not surprised. Seemed to be a lot of trash talking by GRC players the entire game. I'm all for players being hyped and full of pride. It seemed to be going past that. I have watched a ton of high school football and even coached a few years. I can tell the difference.

I also witnessed what I really don't know how to describe last night. AC took a knee with 23 seconds left on the clock. Should have been the final play. The GRC coach then called a TO with about 12 sec. left. Never seen that before.

My dad was an old-school football coach (late '50s - early '60s). One of my earliest football memories was a game where his team was up (big, as I recall) in the same situation - ball fairly deep in opponent's territory, running out the clock. Game out of reach. Opponent called a timeout with a few seconds left (this was NOT a one-score game where a freak turnover could have changed the outcome). Dad got ticked, called a pass play and scored as time ran out.

I think he regretted it later but got caught up in the moment.

My dad was an old-school football coach (late '50s - early '60s). One of my earliest football memories was a game where his team was up (big, as I recall) in the same situation - ball fairly deep in opponent's territory, running out the clock. Game out of reach. Opponent called a timeout with a few seconds left (this was NOT a one-score game where a freak turnover could have changed the outcome). Dad got ticked, called a pass play and scored as time ran out.

I think he regretted it later but got caught up in the moment.

:thumb:

To your Dad!!!

I will explain this again:

It was wild and you could hear it all over the radio. AC staff said they were here to coach and win a game. Stated that he was a coach ( Anderson Co) Fight was something over light. AC staff said they couldn't see. They were told to see our AD. Another guy when told to see GRC's AD, Stated that he was their AD (Anderson Co.) Then radio went to a commercial right during the game.

Not what the radio guys talked about but what I heard with my own ears over the radio. I was not at the game. If I had been then I would not have heard this on the radio. Above is what I heard.

Edited by gold sunrise

I will explain this again:

It was wild and you could hear it all over the radio. AC staff said they were here to coach and win a game. Stated that he was a coach ( Anderson Co) Fight was something over light. AC staff said they couldn't see. They were told to see our AD. Another guy when told to see GRC's AD, Stated that he was their AD (Anderson Co.) Then radio went to a commercial right during the game.

Not what the radio guys talked about but what I heard with my own ears over the radio. I was not at the game. If I had been then I would not have heard this on the radio. Above is what I heard.

Again, I was at the game. AC AD? Could be.

I know all the AC coaches. From my count, they were all on the AC sideline, either on the ground or in the metal high rise on that side of the field.

I know all the AC coaches. From my count, they were all on the AC sideline, either on the ground or in the metal high rise on that side of the field.

Then why did one of the guys in the press box say he was a coach ( Anderson Co)? That is the question.

Graham and Lenny must have been confused during the incident.

It was a very confusing time for the radio to have to go to a commercial during the game. But I know what I heard with my own ears. One guying saying he was a coach and another saying he was thier AD.

Then why did one of the guys in the press box say he was a coach ( Anderson Co)? That is the question.

It was a very confusing time for the radio to have to go to a commercial during the game. But I know what I heard with my own ears. One guying saying he was a coach and another saying he was thier AD.

Must have been an athletic director and coach from Clark County.

No Anderson County athletic directors or coaches were in the press box.

And I'm sure the broadcast was in HD quality.

I don't know how to answer your question. I know what I know.

BTW, don't know who the PA guy is but he could use some football speak training. I give him all the respect in the world, I'm sure he is a guy volunteering his time. He really could use a cheat sheet though. :lol2:

Must have been an athletic director and coach from Clark County.

No Anderson County athletic directors or coaches were in the press box.

Are you kidding.? Read what I posted they were asked to talk to GRC's AD.

And I'm sure the broadcast was in HD quality.

I don't know how to answer your question. I know what I know.

BTW, don't know who the PA guy is but he could use some football speak training. I give him all the respect in the world, I'm sure he is a guy volunteering his time. He really could use a cheat sheet though. :lol2:

It was better than HD quality very clear what they were saying, why the station went to a commercial during the game. Don't how to answer it either, just like you I know what I heard.

On the PA announcer, I don't know who it was. I know who has been doing the basketball games and he does a great job IMO. I love PA guys. Most volunteering their time as you stated. I love their dedication to the school, coaches and players. I don't care how good or bad they are I appreciate all they do.

Graham and Lenny went to commercial because they could not see their rosters to perform play-by-play for the game.

Wrong. It was because of the fight in the press box. Now they did have trouble with the numbers on the black uniforms with red letters and they stated so, a few times during the whole game, but never did the station go to a commercial because of this.

Wrong. It was because of the fight in the press box. Now they did have trouble with the numbers on the black uniforms with red letters and they stated so, but never did the station go to a commercial because of this.

Actually, you are incorrect.

The lights going down prompted the initial problem. The extraneous discussion about the lights caused the radio team to break to commercial at about the same time that Josiah Israel was getting treatment on the field following his 74 yard run to the 2 yard line.