Scott 36 Dixie Heights 7

theguru

I agree Scott needs some work on offense. Their blocking needs some work.

Defensively I thought they defended the pass well. Dixie's best pass plays were screens other than one nice long pass down the middle. The Dixie QB was running for his life a lot tonight. How many times was he sacked? I know Berling had 2.

Scott is starting 2 sophomores on the O-line (one at center, one at guard). They graduated their best lineman from last year Brenden Sebree, and also their tight end. So 4 new starters across the front 6. They've got decent size and athleticism, and I think will continue to improve. They did cut down on penalties today, and put together a couple decent drives. They've got Newport next week, and then what should be tough game with Conner the following week. They've got a legit chance at being undefeated heading into district play.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott's a good football team. Congrats on the W Eagles. They were well prepared, well coached, and made plays when they needed to. The Eagles took advantage of two Dixie fumbles in the first half ( returning one for a TD, 2 weeks in a row for them ).

Their defense also stopped Dixie twice inside the Eagle 5 yard line. The fumbles and d-stands were critical in the first half. Score at the half was 28-7. Dixie didn't look prepared and didn't execute well on offense. They to have a young o-line starting three sophomores and it showed tonight.

Not so sure the power run is the identity this team needs to adopt with the young o-line in place right now. Maybe 5 weeks from now. Surprised they didn't put their play makers in space with quick pitches, flare passes, screens, and quick hits to the WRs/Slot backs. They chose to run frequently between the tackles and Scotts defense got the job done.

Scott didn't show too many weaknesses. Blitz like heck and have a very solid d-backfield.

Dixie can only hope this first game loss has a similar impact to the covcath loss last year. Hope the boys respond well, learn from the mistakes made and get prepared to face a good Milford team ( @ Milford ) next week!

BTW...it was another beautiful night for football in the tri-state. Third consecutive Friday with fantastic weather!!! :thumb:

Good job Eagles. The thing that is different with this team than years in the past is week after week there are different playmakers. This team feeds off each other and shares the spot light well . They are solid on defense and make huge plays !

Great example of how stats do not tell the entire story.

Averaged 3 YPC for 15 of his 16 carries.

Yes he could not turn the corner on sweeps and outside runs. Dixie defended that well. Scott will make their hay running up the gut. If you stack it on them, they can throw decent enough to maybe make you pay.

I don't know if a healthy Pleasant could have gotten around the corner.

First, congratulations to the Scott Eagles. They played very well last night and have a good football team. I was impressed with the size they have on the line. While last night wasn't a good game to judge them (the Eagle line) on as the Dixie line is still young and inexperienced, I can see them pushing around a lot of other teams.

Now, this Dixie team is vastly different from last year's team (as many knew would be the case). The line needs to do a better job holding their blocks and picking up assignments. Faeth had pressure in his face every time he received the ball. Not much the young man could do. And the same goes for the RBs. They had very little time or space to do anything. Some decent runs but not too many. The identity of this team cannot be the same as last year's team. The personnel do not match the scheme.

On defense, the team missed way too many assignments and tackles. There was occasional pressure on Scott but not near enough.

All in all, while the score was not expected, the result could be seen beforehand. This Dixie team has to get back to fundamentals to be competitive. The good news is, they have plenty of time to do so.

Yes he could not turn the corner on sweeps and outside runs. Dixie defended that well. Scott will make their hay running up the gut. If you stack it on them, they can throw decent enough to maybe make you pay.

I don't know if a healthy Pleasant could have gotten around the corner.

I have to agree . I would love to see them run more inside gaps behind Rice and Tucker . Use the size and strength they have and pound the ball and control clock. Behind these 2 massive lineman , they should get 3 to 5 yards a pop. The backs and the offense would benefit much better. The story right now is the defense and the heart of these boys . That is what has been the true difference. Danny Fitzgerald has also improved his passing game and that helps balance the offense.