Scott 36 Dixie Heights 7

theguru

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Dixie really that bad? :idunno:

Scott didn't set the world on fire last week with their performance against the Breds, just surprised by this score.

Hard to really say being their 1st game. They were dominated in all aspects tonight. They scored on a recovered fumble in the end zone. Scott didn't play too sloppy tonight. They had a few penalties, mostly special teams. Dixie could really get nothing going except Schaefer (I believe that's his name #30 ). he is really solid at WR.

Scott has a really good Defense. They tackle very well. Scott LB Jerry Berling is a stud!

Strong defensively against the rush. I think you can throw against them some. If I could I would pass against them because you will probably make nothing running it. Offensively, probably just average. Scott has really good special teams.

The only score Dixie had was on a botched snap by Scott. Scott had two fumble recoveries for a TD one by Ronald Rice and a 95 yard run back by Jordan Velazquez. Scott's D Line reaked havoc on Dixie most of the night. That being said there were some series they did move the ball flawlessly on Scott's secondary. Pleasant went out early due to what appeared to be a reaggravation of a ankle injury. Scott's biggest issue is sideline to sideline running.

What are Dixie's lines like? If I'm not mistaken, on last year's roster, they didn't have anyone returning over 200lbs.

They must have fed those kids well over the summer. Looked to me like they had plenty of kids over 200lbs. I thought Dixie actually had pretty good size.

Strong defensively against the rush. I think you can throw against them some. If I could I would pass against them because you will probably make nothing running it. Offensively, probably just average. Scott has really good special teams.

I agree Scott needs some work on offense. Their blocking needs some work.

Defensively I thought they defended the pass well. Dixie's best pass plays were screens other than one nice long pass down the middle. The Dixie QB was running for his life a lot tonight. How many times was he sacked? I know Berling had 2.