Scott 36 Dixie Heights 7

theguru

Yes really! If we are going to play the last years game, Dixie would have beat scott by 70 last year. Who cares about last year, or the year before, all I know is scott's sch. is awful, and SK will beat them to death, with a running clock at some point.

You can't let facts get in the way of the argument. Exactly! Thanks NKUCLUB19!

One, I'm just pointing out that Scott did beat some pretty good teams in recent years so who is to say they can't do it again?

Yes Dixie is down, but Scott played very well. If you were there, you would've seen that. Not many missed assignments by the Eagles' players. They have a solid line and their QB made good decisions. Defensively they applied pressure and kept the play in front which is what you want from a defense.

And it's not fact (SK will beat them to death) until it happens. Maybe it will, but as of now it's opinion.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes really! If we are going to play the last years game, Dixie would have beat scott by 70 last year. Who cares about last year, or the year before, all I know is scott's sch. is awful, and SK will beat them to death, with a running clock at some point. I understand scott has been down for years, but let's not get carried away, now that they have beat two sub. 500 teams. When scott steps up and beats a SK, Highlands, COV. Cath, or Ryle then they can start beating there chest, until then congrats on winning games against non-top 10 teams in NKY this year.

So if Scott finishes 9-1 and gets beat by Sk , but goes on to win district for the first time in school history and goes a few rounds deep into the playoffs , we will be happy. I hope all the teams we face this season have the mindset you do and think we are going to be an easy win ! You are just adding fuel and motivation to these athletes.

Edited by coach1980

Thats not how it works you cant just take away his best run and say what his average is, his average is rushing yards/carries 144/16 = 9 YPC

GIVE THIS KID SOME LOVE!

If I had taken away, say, 5 runs THEN you would be correct.

However, since the point I was making is that Dixie contained him pretty well with the exception of one run then, yes, that IS how it works.

Congrats to the young man for the huge run.

Enough is Enough about scott. My God what an awful sch. Let's face it NCC ain't you father's NCC right now. Dixie lost a ton of college football players from last years team, and the remainder of scott's sch. is awful. scott will lose to both Conner and SK. Let's not keep pounding our chest scott fan's just because scott is no longer the laughing stock of NKY football, but is still a long way away from being able to beat teams like Ryle, Copper, SK, Cov. Cath. and Highlands. Nice job eagles to this point, but again scott's sch. is very poor at best, not to mention 4 A football might be the worst in the state right now, congrats scott for betting bad teams to this point. This week Newport, oh boy, way to step up and play somebody, again awful.

I don't think anyone is beating their chest. Is there excitement in Taylor Mill?? Yes, and why shouldn't there be? It wasn't that long ago that Scott was losing to average 1A teams. And half this message board though Dixie would win last week. I think most recognize where Scott stands as a program, and it's light years ahead of where it used to be. And after being a doormat for 30 years, it's ok to finally show up in top 10 lists, and gain some respect. Why is some excitement, optimism, and enthusiasm regarding the program such a bad thing??

So if Scott finishes 9-1 and gets beat by Sk , but goes on to win district for the first time in school history and finds thier way , a few rounds deep into the playoffs , we will be happy. I am not sure what program you are supporting , but you can stop and move on from knocking on ours.

All I'm trying to say is that if any of the top 5 NKY teams played scott's sch. they too would go undeafeted, or go 9-1, again congrtas to scott for being 2-0, but let's not act like scott has arrived just because they have started beating bad team in the last few seasons, which scott was a part of until coach Wooley showed up, who has done a nice job at scott. Let's be clear though, scott has not yet arrived, and my whole point is let's stop acting like it has scott fans! Win a few playoff games, and start winning district titles a few years in a row. I think scott started up in 1980, (35 years ago ) so I'd think it will take more then a 2-0 start for scott to make most NKY football fans start giving them there just do, but again scott's sch. is so poor, who can really tell? Good luck to scott.

I don't think anyone is beating their chest. Is there excitement in Taylor Mill?? Yes, and why shouldn't there be? It wasn't that long ago that Scott was losing to average 1A teams. And half this message board though Dixie would win last week. I think most recognize where Scott stands as a program, and it's light years ahead of where it used to be. And after being a doormat for 30 years, it's ok to finally show up in top 10 lists, and gain some respect. Why is some excitement, optimism, and enthusiasm regarding the program such a bad thing??

I don't think anyone is beating their chest.

That's all that is going on here, and it's OK scott fans, after all it has been 35 years, I get it, relax.

I don't think anyone is beating their chest.

That's all that is going on here, and it's OK scott fans, after all it has been 35 years, I get it, relax.

Where exactly is the chest beating?? Almost every post is either congratulating Scott for a win against a team that many, if not most thought they would lose to, (and had only beaten once in 30+years), or mention that while Scott did play well, they have some things they need to work on. I'm guessing a good chunk of folks would have predicted an 0-2 start for Scott before the season, including yourself. Most reasonable people recognize they still have a long way to go, and need to win a playoff game or two before they are taken really seriously. But you cannot deny that this is completely a different team from what they had even 4 or 5 years ago. Most seasons in Scott history, they'd be 0-2 and probably a toss up against Newport this week.

Where exactly is the chest beating?? Almost every post is either congratulating Scott for a win against a team that many, if not most thought they would lose to, (and had only beaten once in 30+years), or mention that while Scott did play well, they have some things they need to work on. I'm guessing a good chunk of folks would have predicted an 0-2 start for Scott before the season, including yourself. Most reasonable people recognize they still have a long way to go, and need to win a playoff game or two before they are taken really seriously. But you cannot deny that this is completely a different team from what they had even 4 or 5 years ago. Most seasons in Scott history, they'd be 0-2 and probably a toss up against Newport this week.

Funny, I've noticed none of the scott fan's commenting on just how easy scott's sch. really is, nope let's just act like it's not a part of this conversation at all. My only problem with scott is it's sch. Nobody can really tell how good scott may or may not be until the SK game, really. That's my whole point chest betters. Best of luck to scott.

Funny, I've noticed none of the scott fan's commenting on just how easy scott's sch. really is, nope let's just act like it's not a part of this conversation at all. My only problem with scott is it's sch. Nobody can really tell how good scott may or may not be until the SK game, really. That's my whole point chest betters. Best of luck to scott.

So you believed going into the season that Scott would be 2-0 after the first two games?? Heck, I wasn't sure it was going to be possible. Many if not most either favored Dixie, or felt it would be a close game. Very few, if any, predicted a Scott blow out. You yourself, said Dixie was going to be ok once the got their QB back in a different thread. Yes, I agree Newport probably isn't the best game for them. But last year, Newport was favored in the game, and looked to be headed on an upswing until the trouble started with the previous coach. And, yes Holy Cross is 2A, but seems to be improved. But on the surface, it's probably not considered a great game either. But sorry, you can't complain about Dixie, SK, or Conner. And the district is what it is, they have no control over those games. I still say though, that based on history, the schedule is about where it should be. Dixie will normally be solid, and NCC is a favorite every year in 2A. No one is saying they will win State. You're beating your chest harder about how bad Scott is, than any Scott supporter is about how great they are.

I'm wondering the same thing. Not seeing anything close to it.