Bluegrasspreps' Class 2A Rankings 08-24-15

Ram

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Snake! We will see what happens then won't we? I expect a tough matchup -especially at your place. In the meantime, this is the toughest schedule I've seen probably since my Dad played back in the early 60s.

Murray has beaten Mayfield about 3 times since the early 60's....Murray will have to control the clock on the ground and hope Mayfield has an off night.

DeSales schedule is much tougher than Mayfield's. Who do you guys play besides Graves, and Corbin? No one on your schedule is better than Ballard, not many maybe 1 would be better than Fern Creek this year. Throw in CAL, and our schedule is much tougher than yours. So you want to talk about being tested.

This was taken from another thread and since I am not smart enough to quote across threads I pasted it here.

Per Cal Preps Rankings

Mayfield: #6

3A Ft. Campbell #14 1

5A Marshall County #14 0

3A Tilghman #13

6A McCracken County #20

5A Graves County #6 0

3A Corbin #35

2A Murray #48

3A Caldwell County #77

DeSales: #14

5A Fairdale #92

6A Butler #5 3

6A Ballard #23

1A Holy Cross #110

5A Fern Creek #36

6A North Hardin #72

2A CAL #34

5A Southern #176

CAL: #34

6A Simon Kenton #5

6A Eastern #82

3A Central #19

5A Oldham County #160

4A North Oldham #5 4

6A Meade County #38

2A DeSales #14

4A Franklin County #44

NewCath: #47

4A Scott #46

6A Cooper #21

6A Campbell County #43

3A Belfry #10

4A Harrison County #188

6A Conner #91

2A Lloyd Memorial #111

1A Beechwood #33

Mayfield is rated the highest @ #6

CAL plays the highest rated opponent in #5 SK

Per the numbers the average would be Cal (52) has the hardest schedule followed by Mayfield (67), NCC (68) and DeSales (75)

Yeah. Come november, DeSales will be bringing that nasy defense down there. When our boys will be coming off the buses, your kids will be wondering how many of them are there. Then our young men will physically impose their will on you. Shoving you around on the field. They will knock you down, then knock you down again, then take your lunch money. Then welcome you to 2A. See ya next year in Louisville. Kinda like what we did to Murray 2 years ago. lol.

Im just kidding Mayfield fans. All in good fun.

I was hoping to read the just kidding at the end of this..that WONT happen..especially at War Memorial

I am not sure 2A is the most competitive class this year. I see 4 teams capable of winning the title, maybe 5. I don't believe any team outside the top 5 has any chance of winning the title. I think that is true of most of the classes this year - 5-6 teams in each class capable of winning a title. 4A might be the one class where that isn't true.

This should read Desales #1 and CAL #2 ...then everyone else in 2A

Hate to argue with a fellow Colt fan, but DeSales has a lot to prove. ZERO experience at the RB position. One starter back on the O-Line. Not as much team speed as in the past. I think the tougher schedule will really serve this team well, but they will take some lumps, possibly starting tonight.

Hate to argue with a fellow Colt fan, but DeSales has a lot to prove. ZERO experience at the RB position. One starter back on the O-Line. Not as much team speed as in the past. I think the tougher schedule will really serve this team well, but they will take some lumps, possibly starting tonight.

Tharp brings much experience to the table as he came on strong last year toward the end. The same could be said about sirohman also. But in fairness after those two their are literally zero experienced RBs. Our defense will carry us this year. So fun watching them play. They are nasty.

Just wanting to make sure we establish that both teams came close to losing to Murray and needed some clutch plays down the stretch to win.

If I recall, DeSales clutch play was when the officials imposed the wrong penalty on a correct call. Erased a Murray TD, but should have been assessed on the PAT or kickoff. This is not a discredit to DeSales but one of their fans on here seems to think there is not much in WKY.