Bluegrasspreps' Class 2A Rankings 08-24-15

Ram

i meant it as a friendly poke. DeSales barely got past Murray last year, with some considerable help from the officials. But this year they don't have to sweat out a nail biter with Murray, cause they will get us instead. So I was obliquely digging at them by pointing out that they BARELY beat Murray, which means they are not nearly as high and mighty as they appear to think, and reminding them that barely beating Murray and beating Mayfield are two very different things.

if you think Murray is gonna give us all we want........eh.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Murray leading Mayfield late in their matchup as well?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Murray leading Mayfield late in their matchup as well?

yep. not at the end though.

So how is that not a case of Mirray giving Mayfield all they wanted?

Just wanting to make sure we establish that both teams came close to losing to Murray and needed some clutch plays down the stretch to win.

if you want to cherry pick similarities, throw in that both games were played on earth too.

we won 21-10. and we made our plays, we didnt have them made for us by the officials, which is what DeSales needed.

Look, I am very sorry to break the news. Mayfield was better than DeSales last year, and is better than DeSales this year. I am not alone in this opinion as we polled higher than DeSales both years. However, enjoy the time now to debate the matter, because it will be put to rest this year. (-reserving a spot for DeSales in the "excuses why we lost to Mayfield club")

if you want to cherry pick similarities, throw in that both games were played on earth too.

we won 21-10. and we made our plays, we didnt have them made for us by the officials, which is what DeSales needed.

Look, I am very sorry to break the news. Mayfield was better than DeSales last year, and is better than DeSales this year. I am not alone in this opinion as we polled higher than DeSales both years. However, enjoy the time now to debate the matter, because it will be put to rest this year. (-reserving a spot for DeSales in the "excuses why we lost to Mayfield club")

You confuse me for a DeSales fan.

Owensboro Cath appears to be a dangerous team.

Owensboro Catholic CAN be a dangerous team for sure. Zuberer is about as good as it gets in the state at the QB position. Shamari Morton playing or not playing is a huge factor for this team IMO. He is a game breaker. He did not play down the stretch last year and it hurt them greatly vs Murray. The Aces have little pesky, yet very productive WR's for days and a very nice back in the Garner kid. Coach Edge is working to keep only 1 kid running both offense and defense. If he can pull it off it will be impressive for a school their size.

Now, onto the negative. Catholic doesnt play anyone sans Owensboro. I think the Aces need to be challenged more in the regular season to get them prepared for the types of teams they will face down the road, when it counts. Granted, they cant do anything about the district schedule(which by top teams in the state standards is very weak) but i would like to see them schedule a few powerhouse programs to replace the Holy Cross's and South Spencer's of the world. Its always hard to judge just how good OC is when they are beating below average competition by 60 every week.

agree that Mayfield has a very impressive 1A history and deserves the accolades that go with that. However, to say they deserve a #1 ranking when moving up is a bit much. Like saying a light heavy weight champ deserves to be #1 ranked in Heavyweight division before winning a bout. The #1 from previous season should be ranked #1 preseason in their class.

agree that Mayfield has a very impressive 1A history and deserves the accolades that go with that. However, to say they deserve a #1 ranking when moving up is a bit much. Like saying a light heavy weight champ deserves to be #1 ranked in Heavyweight division before winning a bout. The #1 from previous season should be ranked #1 preseason in their class.

Again, Mayfield's 2A history is more impressive than yours. We have been more "impressive" than you in 2A, and more impressive than you in 1A.

As to the boxing analogy, that just shows you don't know football, and you certainly don't know Mayfield football. But you will soon enough.

i meant it as a friendly poke. DeSales barely got past Murray last year, with some considerable help from the officials. But this year they don't have to sweat out a nail biter with Murray, cause they will get us instead. So I was obliquely digging at them by pointing out that they BARELY beat Murray, which means they are not nearly as high and mighty as they appear to think, and reminding them that barely beating Murray and beating Mayfield are two very different things.

How does comparing scores work? I've never understood that. It is all about match-ups. Who's to say that De Sales doesn't cause 3 turnovers and one of those is a pick 6 if Mayfield and De Sales were to play? Sorry, but comparing scores, no matter which side is doing it is akin to playing Dungeons and Dragons.

I think the #1 Mayfield 2A ranking is reflective of those that have the power to make the vote understanding that Mayfield would dominate most classes (1-4 at least) in KY in recent years and would have won the 5A state championship last year against either team that was playing. That said, Williamsburg would have won the 5A as well against either of those teams. That said, I would always have given Mike Tyson the nod over whoever he was fighting based on his history, its just a safe bet.