Bluegrasspreps' Class 2A Rankings 08-24-15

Ram

agree that Mayfield has a very impressive 1A history and deserves the accolades that go with that. However, to say they deserve a #1 ranking when moving up is a bit much. Like saying a light heavy weight champ deserves to be #1 ranked in Heavyweight division before winning a bout. The #1 from previous season should be ranked #1 preseason in their class.

Laughable!! Why even have a preseason poll? It's a poll for the upcoming season's teams and players (hence "preseason"). With your rational, one can just look at the past season's standings/rankings and deduct this is how the teams will be predicted to finish, again. DeSales has a great team, Mayfield has a great team - hope to see them play.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. So much to comment on....I don't know enough about Mayfield to know if they should be ranked ahead of DeSales. However, I have no problem with it for two reasons. 1. DeSales is inexperienced at important positions. 2. IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! Regarding the DeSales and Mayfield talk, sorry DeSales fans, but I am not even THINKING about Mayfield. Hello? Do you not remember that the only team to beat us the last two years is named CAL? I would love to play Mayfield. It would mean we were fortunate enough to get past CAL again. Regarding the Murray game from last year, DeSales dominated the game statistically and failed to score in the red zone more than once. The bad call (and it was a bad call) cost Murray a touchdown. However, the TD they did score was on a 4th and 30-something Hail Mary. Those two big plays were it. Zero else. Finally, regarding the past two seasons and who was better, again I have no idea because I have never seen Mayfield play. However, here's what a neutral source had to say about it. Murray's coach said the following in the local newspaper in 2013 after we traveled there and thrashed them 38-0. “Even though the Tigers faced a gauntlet of talented western Kentucky teams in the likes of Mayfield, Graves County, Madisonville-North Hopkins and district foe Caldwell County – twice – Duncan said there’s no doubt who the best team Murray High faced all year was following Friday night’s loss. ‘There’s no question that’s the best team we played. Even the games we lost, we were in them in the third and fourth quarter. That was a great football team we lost to.'" (Murray Ledger & Times, 11/30/13) Just sayin'......