7. Lloyd Memorial vs. 1A #1 Beechwood

8. Danville vs. 4A Rockcastle County

9. Somerset at 1A Williamsburg

10. Monroe County vs. 4A Warren East

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayfield is still number one. DeSales is still bitting at their heals. Lexington Christian got a lot of discussion this week, are they in the discussion? Will NCC be able to compete with Cooper? Who needs to move up? Who needs to move down? Who else should be in the top 15?

I know the Murray fans will say that they should be ranked ahead of Ocath, and they are probably right. But, OC is returning alot and the QB should be a leading candidate for Mr. Football (7 TD's in the opener). Catholic has some speed and a great group of WR's. Depending upon their line play on both sides of the ball, I believe they will make some noise.

I look forward to seeing them play OHS during the 3rd week!

I have always wondered how some voters look at teams outcome (home win/loss, road win/loss, losing/def. unranked opp, losing/def. ranked opp, etc.)

My question to voters is how do you award/penalize teams that win/lose while playing on the road or up in class or both ? Example:

#6 Shelby Valley plays away from home and up in class vs #6 /4A Franklin Co. and loses really bad, they drop out so they lose at least 5 spots.

#9 Monroe Co. plays away and up in class vs #2 /5A BG and loses bad, they drop 1 spot.

#4 CAL plays away & up in class vs #7 /6A Simon Kenton loses and fall 1 spot.

#3 NCC plays away & up vs nr/4A Scott loses a close one and fall 1 spot.

What as a voter would justify SV losing 5+ spots to all others losing 1 ? The margin of loss, is Franklin Co. weaker than other opp.'s or did they miss in pre-season and rank them too high ????

Note:

I'm note saying SV should be ranked or not, I just always look at rankings (high school, college both) and try and figure out how some voters look at teams.

I have always wondered how some voters look at teams outcome (home win/loss, road win/loss, losing/def. unranked opp, losing/def. ranked opp, etc.)

My question to voters is how do you award/penalize teams that win/lose while playing on the road or up in class or both ? Example:

#6 Shelby Valley plays away from home and up in class vs #6 /4A Franklin Co. and loses really bad, they drop out so they lose at least 5 spots.

#9 Monroe Co. plays away and up in class vs #2 /5A BG and loses bad, they drop 1 spot.

#4 CAL plays away & up in class vs #7 /6A Simon Kenton loses and fall 1 spot.

#3 NCC plays away & up vs nr/4A Scott loses a close one and fall 1 spot.

What as a voter would justify SV losing 5+ spots to all others losing 1 ? The margin of loss, is Franklin Co. weaker than other opp.'s or did they miss in pre-season and rank them too high ????

Note:

I'm note saying SV should be ranked or not, I just always look at rankings (high school, college both) and try and figure out how some voters look at teams.

In fairness SV had no chance and really didn't even prove competitive.

From what I gather part of that was the fact their star RB Rowe left early in the game and their other HB was ejected..but at the same time Franklin County basically did whatever they wanted to and SV was physically finished in the 2nd Quarter. Frnaklin County is a "good" team, but probably won't be on anyone's list of the Top 25 teams in the State.

In the case of Monroe County..they got spanked...but they got spanked by possibly the #3 overall team in Kentucky. Monroe also competed. It wasn't as case of "Call a sweep and score a TD every time.

Similar case with CAL, but the Centurions were actually stride for stride in that game until the 4th Quarter. SImon Kenton is a Top 25 overall team.

NewCath played a team a little more comparable to Franklin County but was basically an equal.

It's all about how you lose..

Personally I still think SV is in that 9-10 range, but at the same time there is no denying they were judged and found lacking for good reason.

As you can tell with the way I said in my post, "SV lost really bad, Monroe lost bad, CAL lost and NCC lost a close one" I was ranking the way they lost.

I'm not lobbying for SV, I was just curious as to how some voters looked at teams performance.