Louisville-area Media Day streamed online

Hello.

Wanted to let everyone know that The Courier-Journal will be live-streaming its inaugural High School Football Media Day from Churchill Downs, starting at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday. Here's the list of teams that we have scheduled to attend. Hope you'll join us online!

12:30 - DeSales

12:40 - Eastern

12:50 - Central

1:00 - Male

1:10 - Ballard

1:20 - Oldham County

1:30 - Kentucky Country Day

1:40 - Spencer County

1:50 - Butler

2:00 - Fairdale

2:10 - Fern Creek

2:20 - Bullitt Central

2:30 - Valley

2:40 - Jeffersontown

How were the schools selected for this media day? I think it would have been really cool to have them all there. Maybe over two days or even two teams up at the same time. Great start to getting more exposure. I hope it is done for basketball and all teams get a chance to participate.

The idea of a 'media day' is something much appreciated by our coaches and kids.

Agreed. Pretty big time for the kids to get to do something like this. Here's hoping it becomes a regular tradition for the Jefferson County schools.

Every school in the Metro Louisville area (35 total) received an invitation. With the recent addition of Iroquois, we're up to 15 confirmed. It's actually more than we expected for the first year. If we get a better response next year, we'll probably have to do it over a 2-3-day period.

Every school in the Metro Louisville area (35 total) received an invitation. With the recent addition of Iroquois, we're up to 15 confirmed. It's actually more than we expected for the first year. If we get a better response next year, we'll probably have to do it over a 2-3-day period.

That's awsome great idea. I have no clue why a coach would not go. I really enjoyed this hope it is done for basketball also.

Practice time was an issue for 2-3. To be honest, we didn't overly promote the thing, only sending emails to all 35 coaches. I think we probably could have gotten 25-30 if we had pushed it, but we wouldn't have been prepared for all of them. We'll promote it better next year and also be prepared for everyone to show.