Preacher not allowed to discuss this but this group can in schools.

jericho

The journalism here is pretty bad. Way too many unanswered questions to make an informed opinion.

However, even if the students raised the money, if that money went through the school (the article doesn't say) or they took school sponsored transportation (the article doesn't say) or if they went during school hours and were not counted as absent (the article doesn't say), then it IS on the school and at the very least they are responsible for making sure that the students and parents know what the conference will be about.

The journalism here is pretty bad. Way too many unanswered questions to make an informed opinion.

However, even if the students raised the money, if that money went through the school (the article doesn't say) or they took school sponsored transportation (the article doesn't say) or if they went during school hours and were not counted as absent (the article doesn't say), then it IS on the school and at the very least they are responsible for making sure that the students and parents know what the conference will be about.

Agreed to many unanswered questions but if any of the above is true if I were a parent I'd be looking for someone's job.

^You really can't see the difference?

BTW, if we're talking about misleading people, may want to take a look at your thread title....:idunno:

How is my title misleading

Preachers in KY juvi schools cant say what they want about gays

A mayor in Houston tried to force preachers to turn over sermons about gays

So yeah preachers are being forced to try to not talk about this topic but the gays can tell teens how to eat each other's anal hole

The only thing misleading is what this group is trying to do to the teens

How is my title misleading

Preachers in KY juvi schools cant say what they want about gays

A mayor in Houston tried to force preachers to turn over sermons about gays

So yeah preachers are being forced to try to not talk about this topic but the gays can tell teens how to eat each other's anal hole

The only thing misleading is what this group is trying to do to the teens

How many Houston pastors turned in there sermons?

Yep, that's what I thought.

How many Houston pastors turned in there sermons?

Yep, that's what I thought.

Are you even thinking what you are saying, the very fact a government official even tried to do that is what should worry you the most. A lesbian mayor trying to silence the pastors and no one in WH seemed disturbed. But yet he lights up the WH in the rainbow colors.

Thank God the pastors stood their ground.

So yeah the fact that tey even tried and almost succeeded is what should worry us all.

Are you even thinking what you are saying, the very fact a government official even tried to do that is what should worry you the most. A lesbian mayor trying to silence the pastors and no one in WH seemed disturbed. But yet he lights up the WH in the rainbow colors.

Thank God the pastors stood their ground.

So yeah the fact that tey even tried and almost succeeded is what should worry us all.

Sure Ref, I thought about it. It just doesn't frighten me. I've seen lots of mayors do lots of crazy stuff for an agenda. Even to violating other amendments as well as the first one. I just don't see it as the sign of the end. I live in a state where to be Baptist at one time was illegal and could involve jail and beatings. It's nothing new under the sun to see over reach.

Hatz, you are a little more comfortable with that than me. I think it is the start of more. I look at a place like Canada where calling homosexuality a sin has become "hate speech." A minister can preach on it within his church but cannot say this in public and can be brought up on charges before the tribunal on hate speech and face stiff fines, as I understand it. The U.S. is headed in the direction of European culture and values and Canada is a head of us in that. Canada is losing the right to free speech.

This is where political correctness is leading us--"hate speech" laws. I believe this is the direction from which free speech will be attacked.

Hatz, you are a little more comfortable with that than me. I think it is the start of more. I look at a place like Canada where calling homosexuality a sin has become "hate speech." A minister can preach on it within his church but cannot say this in public and can be brought up on charges before the tribunal on hate speech and face stiff fines, as I understand it. The U.S. is headed in the direction of European culture and values and Canada is a head of us in that. Canada is losing the right to free speech.

This is where political correctness is leading us--"hate speech" laws. I believe this is the direction from which free speech will be attacked.

It's cool grappler. Until the courts say it is constitutional to hinder all free speech from pulpits, I have no problem.

Hatz, I enjoy the give and take with you. It is stimulating and enlightening. Are you okay with the courts hindering free speech in public, say in the editorial pages of a newspaper or in a dialogue occurring at a school board meeting or in messages posted to a forum such as BGP?

Sure Ref, I thought about it. It just doesn't frighten me. I've seen lots of mayors do lots of crazy stuff for an agenda. Even to violating other amendments as well as the first one. I just don't see it as the sign of the end. I live in a state where to be Baptist at one time was illegal and could involve jail and beatings. It's nothing new under the sun to see over reach.

I don't see it as the end of times either but it has to start somewhere and happen little by little. All the trying to force accepting homosexual lifestyles on people is what is happening, not everyone has to believe it.

Hatz, I enjoy the give and take with you. It is stimulating and enlightening. Are you okay with the courts hindering free speech in public, say in the editorial pages of a newspaper or in a dialogue occurring at a school board meeting or in messages posted to a forum such as BGP?

I don't see that happening. As to newspapers, I think they will be dictated by the editorial staff of a publication. Government hasn't appeared to ever head there. Nor have they cared about message boards. School Board discussions, likewise. There is a LOT of things that have to happen in order for the above.

BTW, thanks for the compliment. Always believe in approaching with civility, even in disagreement. Don't always make it though. :idunno: