Texas softball catcher takes 2 runners out at the plate

All Tell

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not for the offensive team to retaliate because that does nothing but sink to the catcher's level. And when you sink to someone else's level, they typically win due to experience.

I prefer the umpires and coaches handle it. It's obvious that didn't happen so now it should be up to the state or her future coaches.

As I stated earlier in this thread, if I was coaching and the umpire allowed the catcher to get away with it, my team would be coming off the field. Player safety is the #1 concern and if the umpire isn't enforcing it, I will.

Not me. Old school. Quid pro quo.

So, you think that contact in softball is common to the game? come on man.

Again, it was not called a foul (if you will) or an illegal or dirty play by the officials of the game. They are the ones in charge of the game. To penalized someone for something that wasnt ruled illegal in the game is wrong.

I'm not for the offensive team to retaliate because that does nothing but sink to the catcher's level. And when you sink to someone else's level, they typically win due to experience.

I prefer the umpires and coaches handle it. It's obvious that didn't happen so now it should be up to the state or her future coaches.

As I stated earlier in this thread, if I was coaching and the umpire allowed the catcher to get away with it, my team would be coming off the field. Player safety is the #1 concern and if the umpire isn't enforcing it, I will.

This will definitely get the coach a 3 game suspension in the state of KY..

So basketball game, away from the play I purposely knee another player in the junk. Dude goes down, play is stopped, but the refs missed it so nothing is done. You don't think I should be disciplined by my coaches after the fact when it's brought to their attention (with video evidence)?

@plantmanky you going to answer my question posed in post 43?

Sorry didnt see it.

In that instance yes you should, but then again you went after a sensitive area of the body. The catcher here just elbowed them as they went by (not in a sensitive area). Big difference IMO.

Sorry didnt see it.

In that instance yes you should, but then again you went after a sensitive area of the body. The catcher here just elbowed them as they went by (not in a sensitive area). Big difference IMO.

I see no difference. Both are trying to intentionally cause physical harm to another player.

So just because the umpire was a cotton headed ninny muggins, we are okay with letting it go?

And the runners she "just knocked off balance" were going full speed. Very dangerous situations.

I agree it was dangerous and stupid. She should be disciplined (Suspended 2-5 games next year.) We all tend to overreact to these situations, she made a mistake and needs to learn from it. When the punishment becomes to harsh, people tend to forget what they did wrong and dwell on the punishment. The punishment needs to be harsh enough for her to remember it, but not so harsh that she has anger because of the punishment. Discipline is about teaching not punishing!

Sorry didnt see it.

And the head is a sensitive area. What if the runners suffer a concussion as their head whips to the ground?

No difference in my mind.