Texas softball catcher takes 2 runners out at the plate

All Tell

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That girl was a brut. I bet she could even take LAwildcat in a fight.

Tough to tell without knowing how tall everybody around her is, but given the fact that she was head-high with the ump and towered over the other players, and given the fact that everything's bigger in Texas, I'll say she's 6-1.

Big props to the one gal who scored then gave her the business on the second cheap shot. She was giving up at least 8 inches to a girl with a lot of body armor on.

State championship game. The catcher's team lost.

Good. If not a senior, she needs to be suspended for a long time at her next sport. Her coach needs as well be suspended to for allowing that as well. Total bush league...

My daughter played HS softball a few moons ago and was pretty good, had my drive to play hard and play to win. If this occurred in one of her games I guarantee the next time that catcher was anywhere near the plate when my daughter was trying to score, she would have knocked that catcher on her rear. I wouldn't have cared if she got tossed. At some point you've got to teach a bully a lessen and stand up for your teammates.

That's bush league to the max. I hope if that girl had any shot at playing college ball that her future coach sees the video and withdraws the offer. No place for that in sports once, much less twice.

And if I was coaching and the ump didn't feel like enforcing player safety, I would take my team off the field. One job of a coach is to keep their players safe and if they are in an unsafe situation, you put a stop to it.

Good. If not a senior, she needs to be suspended for a long time at her next sport. Her coach needs as well be suspended to for allowing that as well. Total bush league...

That's bush league to the max. I hope if that girl had any shot at playing college ball that her future coach sees the video and withdraws the offer. No place for that in sports once, much less twice.

And if I was coaching and the ump didn't feel like enforcing player safety, I would take my team off the field. One job of a coach is to keep their players safe and if they are in an unsafe situation, you put a stop to it.

Did a little Googling. She's a junior and has committed to Sam Huston State University.

Some aftermath articles:

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

Edited by All Tell

Why are the news headlines questioning whether it was intentional or not?

It's pretty obvious it was.

It looked very well executed. Hard to believe that this is the game she has done it in.

I'm surprised no one has claimed this is assault and called the police. Perfectly clear video showing an unwarranted away from the play striking of another individual with clear intent.

**bit of sarcasm. But it is odd that I haven't seen anyone say that given how sensitive everyone is these days.

Was wondering if the potential college suitors would see this. Since she's a junior commit and the school is named in the news articles, wondering what her (hopefully EX) future coach has to say about it.

Her name is given in the comment section of Article #2 linked above and if you search her name on Twitter you will have plenty to keep you busy. Many folks tweeting to Sam Houston State to rescind her offer. She has a twitter account but, not surprisingly, it is protected. I can't muster up an ounce of "I feel sorry for her", but with that said, she is going to be vilified in those parts for a long time to come. I truly do hope no one does anything vigilante-esque in retaliation -- in this crazy society we live in today, you just never know.

It was a cheap shot, she should be punished. If she's a junior she needs to sit some games next year. That said she is 16 or 17 years old and screwed up. Anyone innocent on that? Wanting her offer to Sam Houston taken away is too far.