Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

If the school gives you zeros for missing. The school will grade out low compared to other schools in the state.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a 3 paragraph post on this thread but deleted because whats is the use. In short, when you post fact, know one believes it. Learned that back in 2004 with the Highlands/recruiting thread.

 

Fortunately the state got that one right years later.

I think everyone at Highlands knows who are responsible for this. I heard some names today and I am not a Highlands parent. Who has the Nads to say the names of the suspended?

Someone on here knows the facts. So tell everyone .Are you screed?

I think everyone at Highlands knows who are responsible for this. I heard some names today and I am not a Highlands parent. Who has the Nads to say the names of the suspended?

They won't be able to do that on here. But social media is another thing.

I think everyone at Highlands knows who are responsible for this. I heard some names today and I am not a Highlands parent. Who has the Nads to say the names of the suspended?

 

It's got nothing to do with "nads." Without looking at the roster, how many names of the teams players do you know? That's what I thought. Do you know any coaches or trainers for the team? I doubt it. Go back and read my previous posts in this thread, you might find the names of the suspended there, or maybe not. What difference does it make, you won't know any of them anyway.

 

Oh, I forgot, this is my 2nd post in this thread. I thought you might be bored and thought you could kill some time looking. Happy hunting!!! :lol2:

I disagree it is a criminal act and they should be held accountable accordingly. My opinion might differ if the kids were extremely apologetic and or received a more serious punishment from the school. But from what I hear ( strictly thru the grapevine) They are not apologetic. And on this thread some are saying the poor kid is still being teased..Nope sorry make an a example of them. Like I said two other times on here today.. This is why kids shoot up schools or hurt themselves and by not acting on it swiftly and strictly, the school is opening the door for this behavior down the road and possibly a more severe tragedy as the result.

 

So....it's a criminal act but you have no idea what the act was; the "criminal act" should not be punished if they would just apologize; and what you hear is "strictly thru the grapevine"....got it...

That's right ... Clyde knows everything.

 

You know ... I am not surprised that you would say that you would tell a team that you were coaching to delete pictures in this type of a situation.

And your line of bull saying that would be to protect the kid is the biggest pile of cow dung I have read in a while. Some times you have to be a man and do what is right ... even if you are concerned about the "humiliated" athlete ... those of us who have actually coached in our lives realize that part of the reason for the humiliation is because no one in a position of authority ever put a stop to what was going on.

 

Clyde ... your self serving arguments really are pathetic. You are trying to protect your buddies ... and you admit that you are "loyal". As a coach ... I am too ... loyal to the kids that I am responsible for.

 

You on the other hand ... have a history of supporting arguments ... that benefit you and your buddies ... case in point: http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/conner-pulled-plug-242391-page2.html#post4475467

 

I know ... I know .. what does that thread have to do with this? Easy ... you are blindly loyal and apparently have poor judgement in regard to your fellow man. Not to mention ... it proves that you talk out of both sides of your mouth ... and are willing to accuse people of things that you heard as opposed to actually hearing. You care about your opinion ... and your buddies. Pretty sure that link proves that you really don't care if coaches are accused of things ... you only care if your buddies are accused of things.

 

You were doing a ton better when you were just keeping your mouth shut.

 

I will close with this ... I haven't accused any coach of anything ... or done anything more than barely touch on this story ... but ... Bullying is a culture of SILENCE. Reading the twitter crap .... the posts here .. people keep saying that this situation is humiliating to the young man in question. Did it ever occur to some of you that he wants it to go away because there are people on the internet and at school ... saying that this is his fault?

 

Those of you who are in a hurry to bring this situation to a close because it is "humiliating" the young man need to realize that SILENCE is usually a symptom of being treated like crap by someone who is trying (and has been successful) to assert power over you (usually due to ones own set of insecurities).

 

If you guys want this to go away ... go speak to the young man and let him know that you support him. And QUIT trying to speak for him and talking about how humiliated you think he is.

 

Assuming the first BOLD part to Clyde means you disagree with him, the second BOLD part would be false, and the third BOLD part would be why Clyde was right in the first place.

I'll ask again so we can all be clear on your stance.

 

If the incident was dipping the kid's toes in urine while he slept would you kick the players off of the team?

 

Simple question.

 

Yes sir. How can you justify that act?

Some people are comparing the McNicholas High School incident to Highlands.

 

The McNich case had 4 boys charged for felonious assault for stomping on victims groin with cleats. Their punishment was suspended from school for 5 days and kicked off the freshman football team, essentially missing two games. Are these two incidents similar and was Mchnic's punishment enough or too light?

 

McNicholas football players arrested for assault on 14-year-old teammate in locker room, school says - Story

 

delete. why bother?

Edited by Sandman

Wow!wow!wow! What I heard last night absolutely amazes me. Truly embarrassed for these people that have decided to take all that has been said on here to be factual, and that"s exactly where they got their info from, why, because they told me. And the enjoyment they are getting from all this is disgusting. Truly sad!

 

FWIW, based on my info and sources, punishment was not even close to being stiff enough.

 

Extremely dissapointing all around!

Over 60,000 views. This must be a record.

 

More than double the Mitchell thread now in the Classic forum, which appears to be the previous record-holder.

 

This is the Secretariat in the Belmont of BGP threads.

Not that we should let facts intrude on this august discussion, but I think out of school suspensions where kids are "punished" by not being able to do makeup work are out of favor. I think you see more in-school suspensions where students are segregated from the rest of the students and monitored during the school day.

 

Kentucky study suggests that out-of-school suspensions can hamper even unpunished students | Education | Kentucky.com

 

Education World: In-School Suspension: A Learning Tool | In School Suspension

 

Not sure what was done in this instance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.