Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

This is not the case at my school.

 

In what way, then, is suspension punishment?

 

Zeroes at my school as well. They can do the work so they know what was done but do not receive credit for it.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, based on my info and sources, punishment was not even close to being stiff enough.

 

No doubt your sources are better than mine, but it sound like we are hearing the same things. Punishment seems to be extremely light.

Over 60,000 views. This must be a record.

 

93,407 views in an "Open Jobs" thread in HS Football...this is the new All-Time #2 in HS Football Views.

I've only read a few pages here and there of this thread, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

 

First as I understand all of this...

1. Several players conspired for a few days (as they gathered urine in a bottle) to pour/spray/squirt a player with said urine.

2. Urine was put on a younger player in some manner and the player retaliated punching the pee delivering teammate.

3. Coaches were told what happened and began to take control of the situation.

 

Here is my question and comment...

Coaches were "Accused" of telling players to delete video/photos. HHS supporters say that this did not happen, coaches did not do that. Maybe they didn't but please don't act like there were/are not videos and photos of this "Prank"

 

NO WAY IN HECK in this day and age that players planned something like this and carried it out and several were not videoing and taking photos. So unless a coach, parent or administrator told/forced them to delete it...there are videos and photos out there somewhere IMO. So where are they?

Edited by Jumper_Dad
Forgot to add question

I've only read a few pages here and there of this thread, so forgive me if this has been asked and answered.

 

First as I understand all of this...

1. Several players conspired for a few days (as they gathered urine in a bottle) to pour/spray/squirt a player with said urine.

2. Urine was put on a younger player in some manner and the player retaliated punching the pee delivering teammate.

3. Coaches were told what happened and began to take control of the situation.

 

Here is my question and comment...

Coaches were "Accused" of telling players to delete video/photos. HHS supporters say that this did not happen, coaches did not do that. Maybe they didn't but please don't act like there were/are not videos and photos of this "Prank"

 

NO WAY IN HECK in this day and age that players planned something like this and carried it out and several were not videoing and taking photos. So unless a coach, parent or administrator told/forced them to delete it...there are videos and photos out there somewhere IMO. So where are they?

 

I was told that a parent of a baseball player asked a coach what was going on and they said the players where told to delete pictures and videos of this happening.

I was told that a parent of a baseball player asked a coach what was going on and they said the players where told to delete pictures and videos of this happening.

 

Well that's weird because I was told different. Crazy how we hear different stories huh?

Perhaps the coach made them delete the photos/video in hopes that it would not go viral and embarrass the student even more.

Perhaps the coach made them delete the photos/video in hopes that it would not go viral and embarrass the student even more.

 

For every thought of coverup out there, this very well could be the reality of the situation. That could have been my first reaction if I was confronted with something like this. Tell everyone to get that crap off of their phones so that it doesn't get out and embarrass the kid anymore.

 

Hindsight it's always easy to look back at what could/should have been done.

 

I'll agree that I think the players are getting off pretty easy. In no way would I think of firing/removing the coach unless there is a history of stuff like this, that he has turned a blind eye to.

1058 posts over 60,000 views in this thread and only 4 people can tell Highlands baseball team nice win against Elder being short handed several players in that thread? I don't understand Highlands fan base.

1058 posts over 60,000 views in this thread and only 4 people can tell Highlands baseball team nice win against Elder being short handed several players in that thread? I don't understand Highlands fan base.

 

Are they still out? I thought they had already missed the games they were going to miss.

Here's a fridge magnet for you uk#1fan :D

stirring the pot fridge magnet.jpg

Well that's weird because I was told different. Crazy how we hear different stories huh?

 

With all do respect, TDY, without the school coming out and giving the facts and sharing reasoning of the punishments... it's all anyone can do is speculate. Should school get out in front of this? If it is blown out of proportion wouldn't it be in their best interest to nip in the bud? I know as a HHS fan you want to uphold the integrity of the school. Makes sense. What bothers most people is that your are doing this at the cost of kids being humiliated and bullied. HHS is a great school, but it has some flaws. People, from HHS, on here and on Twitter said that this is 'nothing'...stuff like this happens all of the time in the locker rooms. If that is the case then this is not a isolated incident. This is vile... anyway you look at it. Its the same as throwing feces on someone. The school admin staying silent on this was a horrible choice or policy.

So if what I'm hearing is correct, the kids were given a 5 game suspension. 5 games in the last 2 days means those kids are able to play again? This is what I heard today. So if I am wrong, I apologize, just trying to see if what I heard was correct.

So if what I'm hearing is correct, the kids were given a 5 game suspension. 5 games in the last 2 days means those kids are able to play again? This is what I heard today. So if I am wrong, I apologize, just trying to see if what I heard was correct.

 

Birds played 5 games in 2 days?

Birds played 5 games in 2 days?

 

Played 3 in last 2 days. If the 2 they missed in South Carolina went against the 5, they will all be in action Wednesday versus Bellevue

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.