Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

District seeding game too. I'm sure they will face Seiter. Should be a good one.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just caught up with some post the last two days. I have no problem with the coach telling them to delete any pics or videos they may have took. I'm sure his first reaction when he found out was furious and told them to get any pics off their phone for the player they did it to sake. I seriously doubt he was thinking we need to delete these to try to cover up things or thinking that he could get in trouble. So with it becoming such a big story now it matters, but I doubt he had any idea it would come to this when he told them to delete it. I think many coaches would have done the same thing and been furious ans at that moment tell them to delete it.

 

With that said I completely disagree with him and the rest of the administration not kicking them off the team. He has done a great job with the Highlands program and I dont think he should lose his job but he and the administration messed this one up imo by not kicking him off. That lack of punishment is why this story is still going on.

Edited by futurecoach

I think honestly if they had kicked them off the team, then this thread would have been over with by now and people would have been praising the coach for getting the pics deleted right away for the victim's sake and also praising him and the administration for making the hard decision but right decision of kicking them off the team. It would have been mostly praise for them for how they handled it.

Played 3 in last 2 days. If the 2 they missed in South Carolina went against the 5, they will all be in action Wednesday versus Bellevue

 

I'm not sure whether to say, "All right", or "Great timing!"

With all do respect, TDY, without the school coming out and giving the facts and sharing reasoning of the punishments... it's all anyone can do is speculate. Should school get out in front of this? If it is blown out of proportion wouldn't it be in their best interest to nip in the bud? I know as a HHS fan you want to uphold the integrity of the school. Makes sense. What bothers most people is that your are doing this at the cost of kids being humiliated and bullied. HHS is a great school, but it has some flaws. People, from HHS, on here and on Twitter said that this is 'nothing'...stuff like this happens all of the time in the locker rooms. If that is the case then this is not a isolated incident. This is vile... anyway you look at it. Its the same as throwing feces on someone. The school admin staying silent on this was a horrible choice or policy.

 

As Bengal Maniac has stated many times before in this lengthy exchange, due to privacy laws applying to ALL students, there is very little the school system is allowed to say about the perpetrators, the victim, the punishment, the underlying facts or anyone else involved. If posters don't like that, tell your elected officials in Frankfort and D.C. that you would like the laws changed.

1058 posts over 60,000 views in this thread and only 4 people can tell Highlands baseball team nice win against Elder being short handed several players in that thread? I don't understand Highlands fan base.

 

I don't understand someone who has posted 61 times in the past week about Highlands baseball but not a SINGLE post about their own baseball team. Interesting. And sad.

I get the privacy issue and I also understand the Administration's theory of lets just stay quiet and it will go away. You see it everyday in the media. There is always another news story that will make most of us forget about the one we heard about yesterday.

 

The only thing I really hope comes out of this is I hope the school administration takes another look at their Anti-Bullying programs internally and re-emphasizes them. I remember maybe 5yrs or so ago when they sent home a bunch of literature on Anti-Bullying and they talked about zero tolerance, etc. Well, it appears they may want to go back and revisit that campaign after this incident and some of the claims made on Twitter by former Highlands Athletes. In the end that is really all anybody truly wants is to get tougher on Bullying and eradicate it as best they can from their school. Hard to say if the offenders have learned a lesson or not, only they will know that.

Played 3 in last 2 days. If the 2 they missed in South Carolina went against the 5, they will all be in action Wednesday versus Bellevue

Were all three of these games previously scheduled or were they recent additions?

 

I ask because it seems last year there were some players (on another team) suspended and the team picked up a random game or two to ensure suspended players were good to go versus district opponent (a game they would have had to sit out if not for the late addition of an other game).

Were all three of these games previously scheduled or were they recent additions?

 

I ask because it seems last year there were some players (on another team) suspended and the team picked up a random game or two to ensure suspended players were good to go versus district opponent (a game they would have had to sit out if not for the late addition of an other game).

 

The Saturday double header was scheduled from the word go. First game that Birds were able to play since the 2 they played on a Friday in Myrtle Beach. The Sunday game at Elder was a make-up of a game that was cancelled earlier in the week because of the weather.

 

I can say with 100% certainty that the Sunday game was played to simply get games in because it was going to be nice and an entire week was washed away because of rain.

 

Not uncommon at all for teams to pick up games along the way during the season because of weather and such. Glad they could get 3 games in because it appears the weather is not going to cooperate this week either.

Well, Highlands administration responded, sort of.

 

Highlands baseball team members face hazing allegations

 

From the article, "Fort Thomas Independent Schools Superintendent Gene Kirchner said the following in an email to The Enquirer:

 

"As a matter of policy we do not comment publically on actions that involve student discipline. This is to protect the right to privacy of our students and families. All student discipline matters within the Fort Thomas Independent Schools are dealt with appropriately in a manner that is consistent with our student code of conduct."

I'll be glad when the new soap opera BGP Junior Detective is off the air.

Well, Highlands administration responded, sort of.

 

Highlands baseball team members face hazing allegations

 

From the article, "Fort Thomas Independent Schools Superintendent Gene Kirchner said the following in an email to The Enquirer:

 

"As a matter of policy we do not comment publically on actions that involve student discipline. This is to protect the right to privacy of our students and families. All student discipline matters within the Fort Thomas Independent Schools are dealt with appropriately in a manner that is consistent with our student code of conduct."

 

Like I said, they cant respond but as we all know...Actions speak louder than words anyway. Kevin Siple, former Bluebird seems to be spearheading a movement. Lets see if the Ft. Thomas District does anything to revitalize their Bullying policies.

I'll be glad when the new soap opera BGP Junior Detective is off the air.

 

Come on Spin....

 

fbf011f1108bc7d651d4492bc23e7611e296b815e0570349cb4c82ea9f1584bf.jpg

Like I said, they cant respond but as we all know...Actions speak louder than words anyway. Kevin Siple, former Bluebird seems to be spearheading a movement. Lets see if the Ft. Thomas District does anything to revitalize their Bullying policies.

 

Can you elaborate on the bold/red above?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.