Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

As I'm sure you're well aware, I'm not bothered by that in the least. :D

 

As one who is often in that boat, I get it.

 

Knowing that you're about 27 I will say that I believe your black and white view of the world will change as you age and your life status changes.

 

I've got about 30 years on him and I agree 100%, in fact as I've read this thread it seems that most of the people that disagree with him have some connection to Highlands. Just saying. And since we appear to still be playing the semantics game I said MOST not ALL

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See here's the thing, I've read all 1006 posts in this thread, I've seen people state their opinions, I've seen people chastise people for stating their opinions, I've seen people saying all the facts aren't known (while not adding what they consider factual information) and I've seen supporters of a very proud program circle their wagons to defend their turf.

 

First. THIS IS AN OPINION BOARD. It's why we're all here and why most of us pay to be here, so we can express our opinions on various topics. Everything I've stated in this thread in my OPINION base on the information available. If someone has more information share it, my opinion may change. Stop attacking and stop playing Professor Kingsfield.

 

Second. If this had happened at Ballard Memorial High School (just pulling a name of a small, little talked about school from my pocket not implying that they've done anything) there would not be 50 plus pages dealing with it. One of the drawbacks of being a successful program is that there will be interest when something like this happens.

See here's the thing, I've read all 1006 posts in this thread, I've seen people state their opinions, I've seen people chastise people for stating their opinions, I've seen people saying all the facts aren't known (while not adding what they consider factual information) and I've seen supporters of a very proud program circle their wagons to defend their turf.

 

First. THIS IS AN OPINION BOARD. It's why we're all here and why most of us pay to be here, so we can express our opinions on various topics. Everything I've stated in this thread in my OPINION base on the information available. If someone has more information share it, my opinion may change. Stop attacking and stop playing Professor Kingsfield.

 

Second. If this had happened at Ballard Memorial High School (just pulling a name of a small, little talked about school from my pocket not implying that they've done anything) there would not be 50 plus pages dealing with it. One of the drawbacks of being a successful program is that there will be interest when something like this happens.

 

Here's why I will not post the facts that I know vs the ones we see in this thread.

 

I've stated repeatedly there's a LOT that I do not know one way or the other. There are some I know for a FACT that are not true as being reported.

 

Problem is if I say Fact A and Fact B are 100% not true but do not address C, D, E, and F because I truly do not know if they are true MANY on here will say "aha, he didn't say anything about C, D,E, and F so they MUST be true."

 

Not going to happen.

That's fine and you're certainly entitled to that but then again so are those of us who have expressed an opinion based on what's here. I know that my post on this board is not going to make one whit of difference in how a school handles a situation but that doesn't change the fact that I am entitled to my opinion. As I said if/when more information comes available my opinion may change until then I will continue to express my opinion based on the information available.

That's fine and you're certainly entitled to that but then again so are those of us who have expressed an opinion based on what's here. I know that my post on this board is not going to make one whit of difference in how a school handles a situation but that doesn't change the fact that I am entitled to my opinion. As I said if/when more information comes available my opinion may change until then I will continue to express my opinion based on the information available.

 

Are there people who say you can't have an opinion?

Why doesn't someone like Guru post the facts as we know them. I will start with a few if you like.

 

1. Victim has quit the team and is not going back this year.

2. The perps served a 3 day school suspension and were allowed to make up their work.

3. The perps will serve a 5 game baseball suspension. Not sure how determined, when it starts and when it ends.

4. 8 players in total were punished in some way because of this incident.

Why doesn't someone like Guru post the facts as we know them. I will start with a few if you like.

 

1. Victim has quit the team and is not going back this year.

2. The perps served a 3 day school suspension and were allowed to make up their work.

3. The perps will serve a 5 game baseball suspension. Not sure how determined, when it starts and when it ends.

4. 8 players in total were punished in some way because of this incident.

 

#2 is a fact? They were allowed to make up work? Doesn't sound like a suspension to me.

This was an extracurricular activity; not school. IMO, you don't get to participate in anymore extracurricular activities but still get to go to school and receive your education.

 

Life lessons to be learned in the coming days, weeks.

 

I disagree, I am a big Highlands fan, you represent your team/school. You can not separate. As a Highlands alum, I would hope my fellow Bluebirds would want, demand nothing less than the MAX penalty.

 

Thank you

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #8

Are there people who say you can't have an opinion?

 

There certainly are those that seem to want to quash this thread.

Why doesn't someone like Guru post the facts as we know them. I will start with a few if you like.

 

1. Victim has quit the team and is not going back this year.

This is a shame.

 

2. The perps served a 3 day school suspension and were allowed to make up their work.

Is making up work normally allowed during a suspension?

 

3. The perps will serve a 5 game baseball suspension. Not sure how determined, when it starts and when it ends.

Going back to number 1 I still feel like if the victim feels to uncomfortable to be a part of the team the perps should also be off the team.

 

4. 8 players in total were punished in some way because of this incident.

 

Thank you for the information.

It's my understanding that if you are suspended you are supposed to get zeros for any assignments during that period. I guess if the students were allowed t ok complete the work missed then what is the point of suspending them? I mean that is a complete joke and makes the Administration look even more ridiculous. So the punishment was they get to stay home, sleep in and likely galavant around town as well as make up the work missed. Solid

It's my understanding that if you are suspended you are supposed to get zeros for any assignments during that period. I guess if the students were allowed t ok complete the work missed then what is the point of suspending them? I mean that is a complete joke and makes the Administration look even more ridiculous. So the punishment was they get to stay home, sleep in and likely galavant around town as well as make up the work missed. Solid

 

Sounds more like a reward than a punishment?

It's my understanding that if you are suspended you are supposed to get zeros for any assignments during that period. I guess if the students were allowed t ok complete the work missed then what is the point of suspending them? I mean that is a complete joke and makes the Administration look even more ridiculous. So the punishment was they get to stay home, sleep in and likely galavant around town as well as make up the work missed. Solid

 

I wonder if that can be accurate? That doesn't sound rational.

I wonder if that can be accurate? That doesn't sound rational.

 

I believe it, my kids went to Highlands and I remember hearing a similar story from them when one of their friends was suspended. I said the same thing back then.

I believe it, my kids went to Highlands and I remember hearing a similar story from them when one of their friends was suspended. I said the same thing back then.

 

Wow. Sounds more like they were given extra PTO days. Kind of turns a punishment into a desirable benefit. I may go pee on someone at work!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.