Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Are you aware she lives here in Ft.Thomas and has children who attend our schools? I think she just wants answers like everyone else

Just last year she was telling a mutual friend that they should enroll they're kids there. I wonder what changed her opinion of the school so drastically in the last year?

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on what I see on Twitter alone I think a compelling case can be made for criminal action but I don't think that would do much good.

 

I would definitely go civil, everyone understands the value of money.

 

Seriously you guys are out of control on this topic. It's embarrassing. I have no alliegance to Highlands , Ft. Thomas nor do I know a single person involved. But by reading most these post I really question some of you posters who I respect . We are acting like this is an extreme case of bullying the likes of which that has never been seen.

 

Anyone who doesn't agree with you guys you accuse of condoning the behavior. Which not a single person in this topic has done. I dare anyone to find a post where people found it to be acceptable behavior.

 

But we have people calling for law enforcement. I don't know about you but I'd rather police handle something more important than some idiot kids squirting urine on someone in some sort of childish prank.

 

Honestly I don't understand the world we live in anymore when the Internet mafia gets up on their high horses and want the harshest punishment for every stupid incident.

I would agree with you on that. However the parent's are the one's who contacted her correct or someone who new about it. However it happened they must know Tricia. However this turns out we have a little boy who will forever have this memory of these boy's doing this. Sad ,sad either way you look at this

  • Author
Seriously you guys are out of control on this topic. It's embarrassing. I have no alliegance to Highlands , Ft. Thomas nor do I know a single person involved. But by reading most these post I really question some of you posters who I respect . We are acting like this is an extreme case of bullying the likes of which that has never been seen.

 

Anyone who doesn't agree with you guys you accuse of condoning the behavior. Which not a single person in this topic has done. I dare anyone to find a post where people found it to be acceptable behavior.

 

But we have people calling for law enforcement. I don't know about you but I'd rather police handle something more important than some idiot kids squirting urine on someone in some sort of childish prank.

 

Honestly I don't understand the world we live in anymore when the Internet mafia gets up on their high horses and want the harshest punishment for every stupid incident.

 

I was just responding to a question.

 

Let me clarify, I am not suggesting anyone should take any court action, I am suggesting I don't think the criminal courts are the proper place for this and if anything civil court would be an alternative if court intervention is needed.

It is pretty obvious to me you know who was in on this. But as we all know Brothers take care of Brothers no matter what police department you deal with. Sad but true

It is pretty obvious to me you know who was in on this. But as we all know Brothers take care of Brothers no matter what police department you deal with. Sad but true

I agree.

 

Additionally, I think Highlands would be wise to say new evidence has been presented/alleged and they are re-opening the investigation (like I said, outside law firm at this point and make it from Ohio, no one from Campbell county or with any ties to Highlands).

 

In addition to the continued bullying at school (alleged) and what we all can see online, Highlands needs to investigate the tampering with evidence accusations made by the parent. If any coach/administrator/school official had a hand in tampering with evidence or even suggesting tampering with evidence it is strong grounds for dismissal.

Seriously you guys are out of control on this topic. It's embarrassing. I have no alliegance to Highlands , Ft. Thomas nor do I know a single person involved. But by reading most these post I really question some of you posters who I respect . We are acting like this is an extreme case of bullying the likes of which that has never been seen.

 

Anyone who doesn't agree with you guys you accuse of condoning the behavior. Which not a single person in this topic has done. I dare anyone to find a post where people found it to be acceptable behavior.

 

But we have people calling for law enforcement. I don't know about you but I'd rather police handle something more important than some idiot kids squirting urine on someone in some sort of childish prank.

 

Honestly I don't understand the world we live in anymore when the Internet mafia gets up on their high horses and want the harshest punishment for every stupid incident.

 

I disagree it is a criminal act and they should be held accountable accordingly. My opinion might differ if the kids were extremely apologetic and or received a more serious punishment from the school. But from what I hear ( strictly thru the grapevine) They are not apologetic. And on this thread some are saying the poor kid is still being teased..Nope sorry make an a example of them. Like I said two other times on here today.. This is why kids shoot up schools or hurt themselves and by not acting on it swiftly and strictly, the school is opening the door for this behavior down the road and possibly a more severe tragedy as the result.

Edited by norse1
Spelling

By the sounds of a few recent posts, I am not sure someone on here is not the person that talked to Tricia.

I was asked to post this by a non-member.

 

Is T Macke running with this because of a personal agenda against the baseball team and coach?

 

 

 

Was her son cut from the team and this is a way to get back at them?

I was asked to post this by a non-member.

 

Is T Macke running with this because of a personal agenda against the baseball team and coach?

 

 

 

Was her son cut from the team and this is a way to get back at them?

 

Funny to me how some are more worried about Tricia Macke and who talked to her rather than the culture that caused this mess in the first place. This situation could be used to do good things and make progress but people are to mad at a television personality to get it right.

I disagree it is a criminal act and they should be held accountable accordingly. My opinion might differ if the kids were extremely apologetic and or received a more serious punishment from the school. But from what I hear ( strictly thru the grapevine) They are not apologetic. And on this thread some are saying the poor kid is still being teased..Nope sorry make an a example of them. Like I said two other times on here today.. This is why kids shoot up schools or hurt themselves and by not acting on it swiftly and strictly, the school is opening the door for this behavior down the road and possibly a more severe tragedy as the result.

 

Just stop.

 

How many more over dramatic posts can this topic produce.

Here's the story from Cincinnati.com. It doesn't really add any new info to the story (it's more than half a quote taken from USA Today's coverage), but it's another news outlet latching onto the story - which means more pressure on the Highlands administrators to review this matter further.

 

Highlands baseball team members face hazing allegations

Stuff like this is exactly why you don't take a bunch of teenage boys anywhere. It allows them too much freedom to do this stuff. If hey had just stayed in Ky an played games this wouldn't have happened.

Stuff like this is exactly why you don't take a bunch of teenage boys anywhere. It allows them too much freedom to do this stuff. If hey had just stayed in Ky an played games this wouldn't have happened.

 

Yep nothing helps educate young people like keeping them in a box and not letting them experience new things.

It would be nice if the kids and parents of those kids could get together with the administration and try to work out a compromise and te kids be friends again. Maybe in the good days but too many grudges held now days

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.