Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Which essentially constitutes more bullying, correct?

No doubt, this is a runaway train and the leaders over at HHS might wanna re-think the "no comment" stance they have taken so far.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which essentially constitutes more bullying, correct?

 

If they delete their tweets is that destruction of evidence?

No doubt, this is a runaway train and the leaders over at HHS might wanna re-think the "no comment" stance they have taken so far.

 

What are they to comment on? The conduct by the minors that lead to the suspension? The punishment levied on the minors? Or, the complaint made by the other minor?

Has there been any effort or attempt by the perps to apologize to the victim, or victims parents if the victim doesn't want to hear an apology at this time?

 

And have any of the baseball coaches or players encouraged or insisted that the victim rejoins the team? If slinging urine warrants a mere 5 game suspension how difficult is it to let by gones be by gones and start a new chapter post "urine trouble?"

 

Very good point. When I was a young teenager, I was unnecessarily mean to someone who didn't deserve it. By today's standards it would be nothing. Her mom called my mom and my mom yelled at me and marched me up to that girl's house for a face to face apology. We need more of that today.

I guess you are having a reading comprehension problem now.

 

So the extreme of dipping the toe in urine means "off the team" in your book?

Very good point. When I was a young teenager, I was unnecessarily mean to someone who didn't deserve it. By today's standards it would be nothing. Her mom called my mom and my mom yelled at me and marched me up to that girl's house for a face to face apology. We need more of that today.

 

Sad thing is that you have to now take into consideration that if you apologize , especially in something like this, are you admitting guilt and giving ammo for a lawsuit? Sad but has to be considered.

  • Author
If they delete their tweets is that destruction of evidence?

 

Interesting legal question, I don't really know. But there is one thing I do know, deleting video or pictures of the urine incident like this may very well be a crime.

What are they to comment on? The conduct by the minors that lead to the suspension? The punishment levied on the minors? Or, the complaint made by the other minor?

Don't name the names, don't even have to give the dirty details... But this is going viral, so they should say... "This is our policy and here is how we handled it"... Furthermore, they should state that any HHS student that further adds "bullying" or "harassment" to this situation will be dealt with immediately according to their guidelines... And if it doesn't include social media bullying they should say that it does include it now...

HHS has to get out infront of this thing... Although it's possibly already too late.

  • Author
So the extreme of dipping the toe in urine means "off the team" in your book?

 

Only if it is warmed up to exactly 98.6.

  • Author

That goes without saying everyone, no naming names.

Lots of HHS players and other students trash talking fox 19 reporters on twitter big time and calling out the victim. Sad group of kids IMO

 

Based on what I have been reading from some of the most active people on this thread, in my opinion, the younger generation of boys are emulating some of the older generation. Adults on this thread are bullied and harassed for having a different opinion. Its comical and sad at the same time.

Sad thing is that you have to now take into consideration that if you apologize , especially in something like this, are you admitting guilt and giving ammo for a lawsuit? Sad but has to be considered.

 

I know where you are going, but you can't use that apology in a trial.

The things being said by current and former HHS students and student-athletes is so concerning. Even kids from other schools have chimed in a bit. If I were their parents I'd be livid. They look like entitled, spoiled, and disrespectful know it all brats. If you don't hammer in the seriousness of this or use it as an example for your child, then you're part of the problem. I'm so tired of adults that make excuses for their entitled teenagers and young adults poor behavior. Make them realize consequences!

Very good point. When I was a young teenager, I was unnecessarily mean to someone who didn't deserve it. By today's standards it would be nothing. Her mom called my mom and my mom yelled at me and marched me up to that girl's house for a face to face apology. We need more of that today.

 

You to huh...I can relate. Amazing concept of what can take place when a "teaching moment" like that occurs. Folks become more conscientious and have greater respect for the consequences of their actions! :thumb:

The things being said by current and former HHS students and student-athletes is so concerning. Even kids from other schools have chimed in a bit. If I were their parents I'd be livid. They look like entitled, spoiled, and disrespectful know it all brats. If you don't hammer in the seriousness of this or use it as an example for your child, then you're part of the problem. I'm so tired of adults that make excuses for their entitled teenagers and young adults poor behavior. Make them realize consequences!

 

Best post yet out of nearly 900. Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.