Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Yep nothing helps educate young people like keeping them in a box and not letting them experience new things.

 

Well it seems they got educated and are getting a big new experience.

Take them to a museum if you want them to get educated.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep nothing helps educate young people like keeping them in a box and not letting them experience new things.

 

Speaking of educating these young men, I sincerely hope that their parents are exacting heavy punishment on them, instead of excusing their actions in any way.

Just stop.

 

How many more over dramatic posts can this topic produce.

 

If school shootings were not a ongoing issue in this country because of situations like this than yes it would be over dramatic. I am hard pressed to believe these kids did not know what they were doing.. And I promise if someone threw urine on you your perception might be a bit different of what should happen to the people who did it.

You would do so with no basis.

 

That's right ... Clyde knows everything.

 

You know ... I am not surprised that you would say that you would tell a team that you were coaching to delete pictures in this type of a situation.

 

And your line of bull saying that would be to protect the kid is the biggest pile of cow dung I have read in a while. Some times you have to be a man and do what is right ... even if you are concerned about the "humiliated" athlete ... those of us who have actually coached in our lives realize that part of the reason for the humiliation is because no one in a position of authority ever put a stop to what was going on.

 

Clyde ... your self serving arguments really are pathetic. You are trying to protect your buddies ... and you admit that you are "loyal". As a coach ... I am too ... loyal to the kids that I am responsible for.

 

You on the other hand ... have a history of supporting arguments ... that benefit you and your buddies ... case in point: http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/conner-pulled-plug-242391-page2.html#post4475467

 

I know ... I know .. what does that thread have to do with this? Easy ... you are blindly loyal and apparently have poor judgement in regard to your fellow man. Not to mention ... it proves that you talk out of both sides of your mouth ... and are willing to accuse people of things that you heard as opposed to actually hearing. You care about your opinion ... and your buddies. Pretty sure that link proves that you really don't care if coaches are accused of things ... you only care if your buddies are accused of things.

 

You were doing a ton better when you were just keeping your mouth shut.

 

I will close with this ... I haven't accused any coach of anything ... or done anything more than barely touch on this story ... but ... Bullying is a culture of SILENCE. Reading the twitter crap .... the posts here .. people keep saying that this situation is humiliating to the young man in question. Did it ever occur to some of you that he wants it to go away because there are people on the internet and at school ... saying that this is his fault?

 

Those of you who are in a hurry to bring this situation to a close because it is "humiliating" the young man need to realize that SILENCE is usually a symptom of being treated like crap by someone who is trying (and has been successful) to assert power over you (usually due to ones own set of insecurities).

 

If you guys want this to go away ... go speak to the young man and let him know that you support him. And QUIT trying to speak for him and talking about how humiliated you think he is.

Edited by quickslick

It would be nice if the kids and parents of those kids could get together with the administration and try to work out a compromise and te kids be friends again. Maybe in the good days but too many grudges held now days

 

I couldn't agree more.

If I was a parent of one of the kids who did this I would drag my som by te hair or ear to their house an have him give a sincere apology and beg for forgiveness.

But so many parents defend whatever their kid does

If school shootings were not a ongoing issue in this country because of situations like this than yes it would be over dramatic. I am hard pressed to believe these kids did not know what they were doing.. And I promise if someone threw urine on you your perception might be a bit different of what should happen to the people who did it.

 

If someone threw urine on me they would have a sore chin for sure.

 

But on the topic of school shootings it's already been proven there isn't a rise in the number of those. We just live in the age of 24 hour news and hear about them all.

 

To go from this incident to school shooting is not only over doing it , it is inappropriate. When people go to such extremes you can't take them serious.

If my kid was one of those that did it I would pull their butt off the team for the season. Sports are a bonus and if you are not doing the right things you wont be playing. My oldest is 8 and already knows that

If I was a parent of one of the kids who did this I would drag my som by te hair or ear to their house an have him give a sincere apology and beg for forgiveness.

But so many parents defend whatever their kid does

 

In today's society you would be a child abuser.

If someone threw urine on me they would have a sore chin for sure.

 

But on the topic of school shootings it's already been proven there isn't a rise in the number of those. We just live in the age of 24 hour news and hear about them all.

 

To go from this incident to school shooting is not only over doing it , it is inappropriate. When people go to such extremes you can't take them serious.

I completely disagree. This is the stuff that leads up to it..Look at school shootings and look at what the precursor was in alot of them. School shootings aside what about kids that hurt themselves from it. I am sorry the easiest way to eliminate a potentially toxic situation from occurring is get rid of the cause. And when you slap wrists your not teaching anyone anything from the event. Again my opinion may change if the kids were truly apologetic or had more severe punishments by the school. However right now it appears that is not the case. Somebody needs to set them straight. If the school isnt doing it and if they have access to social media then mommy and daddy are not doing either it then the law should.

I completely disagree. This is the stuff that leads up to it..Look at school shootings and look at what the precursor was in alot of them. School shootings aside what about kids that hurt themselves from it. I am sorry the easiest way to eliminate a potentially toxic situation from occurring is get rid of the cause. And when you slap wrists your not teaching anyone anything from the event. Again my opinion may change if the kids were truly apologetic or had more severe punishments by the school. However right now it appears that is not the case. Somebody needs to set them straight. If the school isnt doing it and if they have access to social media then mommy and daddy are not doing either it then the law should.

 

I just don't see how a suspension from school and the team can be considered a slap on the wrist.

If true then Highlands isn't serious about bullying or their coaches would be properly trained.

 

Is their a varsity coach's handbook? Or a player's handbook? Does it address hazing?

In today's society you would be a child abuser.

 

Probably right but it would be that way

But on the topic of school shootings it's already been proven there isn't a rise in the number of those. We just live in the age of 24 hour news and hear about them all.

 

To go from this incident to school shooting is not only over doing it , it is inappropriate. When people go to such extremes you can't take them serious.

 

1 school shooting is too many. Things like bullying lead to most school shootings.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Fixing The Quote

A 3 day suspension and a 5 game suspension is a slap on the wrist. The very fact they are still on the team and the victim isn't is beyond ridiculous. Personally I would not suspend them I would make them go thru a anti bullying program and write papers and treat it as a academic class. Then kick them off the team for good. If they chose not to then recommend expulsion. I got suspended in high school.. I sat around for 3 days and played Nintendo while my parents were at work...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.