Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

My daughter goes to Highlands and she has also been suspended and was allowed to make up work as well as getting full credit. Her punishment was more harsh at home than at school. GO FIGURE

I believe it, my kids went to Highlands and I remember hearing a similar story from them when one of their friends was suspended. I said the same thing back then.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have friends and family who teach in Kentucky, none of which teach at Highlands. My understanding is that teachers are punished more when students fail than students are. Teachers are supposed to bend over backwards to make sure that students "succeed". Allowing kids to make up work missed during suspension is commonplace in Ky. Schools.

Don't know this as a fact, as it is second hand from teachers. Definately do not agree with it if it is true.

When I just googled making up work if suspended, the first three responses were Wi, PA, and NY. And they state all students in public schools can not be denied making up missed work for unexcused absences and suspensions.

My daughter goes to Highlands and she has also been suspended and was allowed to make up work as well as getting full credit. Her punishment was more harsh at home than at school. GO FIGURE

 

Was she participating in a varsity sport at the time?

My buddy peed on my shoes on purpose at a field party when we both went to pee. I never felt bad toward him as we laughed about it.

We're these guys friends? And now the kid just got embarrassed and went off on them and it started a snowball effect or did the kids not ever get along?

If a "buddy " purposely peed on my shoes at a field party he would be needing dental work . You have a seemingly warped sense of humor .

Yes she cheered. But no she was still allowed to do so.

Was she participating in a varsity sport at the time?

Edited by hoops5
Fixed quote tags.

My dad was a guidance counselor from the mid 1960's to the early 1980's. His belief for many students who acted out - and I realize that we're not comparing apples to apples at all - was that in many cases they were trying to get sent home for a 3-day break. His advice was often to lengthen the school day for them rather than eliminate it.

This is not the case at my school.

 

In what way, then, is suspension punishment?

 

Its not anymore.

So the only true punishment is the 5 game suspension.

So the only true punishment is the 5 game suspension.

 

Sounds like it. The 3 days out of school is R&R.

There certainly are those that seem to want to quash this thread.

This may have been said already, and I have not read all posts and replies, but I have been told the coaches have instructed players if they have video to delete it.

If a "buddy " purposely peed on my shoes at a field party he would be needing dental work . You have a seemingly warped sense of humor .

 

He peed on the end of the shoe, not in it or down my leg. We were both drunk and laughed as I tried getting out of the way while I peed. We went back to drinking beer and listening to Lynard Skynard box set with about 10 others.

This is not the case at my school.

 

In what way, then, is suspension punishment?

 

Not saying it is a punishment, just every article I pulled up including Highlands and Jefferson County stated students were allowed to make up work.

 

The only other recent local/hazing/bullying local article I could find was the McNicholas High School who were charged with felonies and they only got a 5 day suspension and essentially a 2 game ban from freshman football.

 

Definately not sending the right message and I'm surprised with the articles I have been reading involving lawsuits filed against the schools for not stopping bullying.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.