Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calling the Highlands baseball team "Dirty Birds" is a GROSS understatement

Featured Replies

Some of the tweets I saw the profile pics were football and baseball players in game action. Come on Birds the blue ribbon school shows you are smarter than that. Being a NewCath grad I grew up hating HHS and loved playing vs them. With all the dislike always had respect for their accomplishments but I am definitely losing some respect.

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 154.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the admin at Highlands should make sure that all of you here on BGP are fully brought up to speed on ALL facts so that you can pass your judgment? Simply hysterical people.

 

I will say it again, the administration at Highlands is not worried about pleasing those that read BluegrassPreps or any other website for that matter. Never have and never will. There will be no lawsuit, charges or whatever other crazy thing that some on here want to come up with.

 

This is a public forum where people discuss and formulate opinions on issues based on the facts set forth. BGP is serving the purpose it is suppose to serve. Some think the admin should get out in front and some don't. Everyone is entitled to an opinion in a public forum and it will never be agreed upon by everyone. I respect where you stand but don't have to agree.

If true it could be worse for those punished. This was a group of seniors having an underclassmen do their dirty work against another underclassmen, correct? In other words, it could be classified as more bullying - seniors making underclassmen pee in a bottle to "incriminate" them too when all along the joke was going to be on the victim.

 

Sounds like the perfect defense.

 

Not correct. I haven't heard that there were any seniors involved.

 

But, I do give you points for trying to take the whole thing to an entirely new level. Maybe USAToday will do another story using this new "fact."

This is a public forum where people discuss and formulate opinions on issues based on the facts set forth. BGP is serving the purpose it is suppose to serve. Some think the admin should get out in front and some don't. Everyone is entitled to an opinion in a public forum and it will never be agreed upon by everyone. I respect where you stand but don't have to agree.

 

Isn't the question here what is opinion, what is fact, and what is just made up? You can make up your own opinions, but you can make up your own facts.

  • Author
Not correct. I haven't heard that there were any seniors involved.

 

But, I do give you points for trying to take the whole thing to an entirely new level. Maybe USAToday will do another story using this new "fact."

 

Just for good measure (and I am not releasing any names to anyone for any reason) I do know there were seniors involved.

 

So it is correct.

Some of the tweets I saw the profile pics were football and baseball players in game action. Come on Birds the blue ribbon school shows you are smarter than that. Being a NewCath grad I grew up hating HHS and loved playing vs them. With all the dislike always had respect for their accomplishments but I am definitely losing some respect.

 

So I guess you're an old timey guy sitting there with a stick?

Just for good measure (and I am not releasing any names to anyone for any reason) I do know there were seniors involved.

 

So it is correct.

 

Expound on "involved."

  • Author
Expound on "involved."

 

Nope

Isn't the question here what is opinion, what is fact, and what is just made up? You can make up your own opinions, but you can make up your own facts.

 

I agree. No one seems to know the full story and if they do it is being muddied by hearsay and false facts. The fact I am speaking of is admin getting out in front or staying silent. Its obvious the choice they have made is to stay silent. I don't necessarily agree with that choice.

I would love to hear that excuse in court, the Judge would be upset because of the laughing in his courtroom.

 

How is the coach supposed to preserve the evidence?

Just for good measure (and I am not releasing any names to anyone for any reason) I do know there were seniors involved.

 

So it is correct.

 

Please state everything that you have said so far that is "Correct" and is "Fact" Obviously without naming names. I would like to hear everything that you "know" and have it out there for everyone to see in black and white. Perhaps then we can sift through some things and really get down to the true facts and the hearsay.

Nobody knows what is fact except the Perps/Victim....Period.

 

Everything else is hearsay.

 

Staying silent would not be my choice. Addressing it matter of factly and taking the stance that the school district does not condone the behavior would be how I would handle it if I were on the Administration. Only because there is speculation out there regarding hazing/bullying. It appears though they are not going to make a comment or a stance and hope this goes away.

I am providing honest analysis, if the reader doesn't grasp it all, that is on them.

 

The most important part of this thread is to ensure that no child is bullied.

 

But it is ok to call kids names and place labels on them, on this message board and thread?

Nobody knows what is fact except the Perps/Victim....Period.

 

Everything else is hearsay.

 

Staying silent would not be my choice. Addressing it matter of factly and taking the stance that the school district does not condone the behavior would be how I would handle it if I were on the Administration. Only because there is speculation out there regarding hazing/bullying. It appears though they are not going to make a comment or a stance and hope this goes away.

 

Guru says he does -- but it's super secret. :sssh:

Its just another poor decision is all I was pointing out. I believe we can all agree on that

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.