Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 72 Georgia 64

Featured Replies

Which flop are we talking about? The one by the Georgia player or the one by Harrison?

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What get's me is Towns gets called for the bump down low for a charge as he makes his post move. Has anyone noticed how hard Jahlil Okafor hits people with his shoulder the game with Virginia Tech the other night he nailed the kid from Tech twice a lot harder than Towns could ever hit anyone and nothing was called. I think the refs just need to be more consistent on how that is going to be called in my opinion.

 

Towns made the mistake of extending his off arm out to the defender. That is what got the foul called on him IMO. If he had not pushed out with his off arm, I believe that would have been a no call.

Cal said in the court side interview immeadiately after the game that the poor defense in much of the game was his fault, that he attempted to "trick" Georgia with, I suppose, a new defense.

What tricks was he referring to? I know they did have a lot of defensive breakdowns and allowed some easy baskets in the paint, unusual for them.

That is code for:

 

- He out coached me and I couldn't figure out how to adjust.

That is code for:

 

- He out coached me and I couldn't figure out how to adjust.

 

Could also be code for:

 

- Make sure all you media folk blame me instead of my kids, even though they just simply didn't defend well tonight.

Could also be code for:

 

- Make sure all you media folk blame me instead of my kids, even though they just simply didn't defend well tonight.

 

That too.

What get's me is Towns gets called for the bump down low for a charge as he makes his post move. Has anyone noticed how hard Jahlil Okafor hits people with his shoulder the game with Virginia Tech the other night he nailed the kid from Tech twice a lot harder than Towns could ever hit anyone and nothing was called. I think the refs just need to be more consistent on how that is going to be called in my opinion.

 

The fourth foul call on Towns looked legit. He didn't just dip a shoulder, he pushed with his off arm and shoved the guy. Gonna get called on the road.

When commentators are describing a charge and they use the phrase "lowered his shoulder," I want to ask them how is a dribbler supposed to move forward without lowering your shoulder.

Harrison's was a flop. I am not sure what you call what Chris Jones did. He LeBroned and was called out on a national stage for it.

 

Yes, Harrison did "flop" and was a finalist. Jones on the other hand has more acting experience and has the art perfected. ...won the Oscar.

That is code for:

 

- He out coached me and I couldn't figure out how to adjust.

 

Again I agree for this one game. Fox had his team well prepared and they executed. Cal usually makes better / quicker adjustments. Bottom Line - as another said earlier, U.K.'s depth as it most always does to the opponent wore UGA down.

Harrison flops all the time, im almost used to it. UK played their worst game of the year and still won, not many teams could do that

Harrison flops all the time

 

I notice them exaggerating contact when they drive to the basket, but last night was a definite flop.

Not saying it was a flop but Towns 5th. foul was not a foul. Towns had the ball and the Georgia player just ran into a bigger man and went flying.

That is code for:

 

- He out coached me and I couldn't figure out how to adjust.

 

As far as the coaching. Ill take Cal anyday. I think the adjustment was to just go play like they have since November. Result............WIN

I notice them exaggerating contact when they drive to the basket, but last night was a definite flop.

 

I hate that. He will have to change that if he was to play in the NBA. Also I think the twins are the key to our success. If they play good we are unbeatable!

This win allows me to be present for history. I'll be there Saturday when they complete the undefeated regular season!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.