Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 72 Georgia 64

Featured Replies

Harrison's was a flop. I am not sure what you call what Chris Jones did. He LeBroned and was called out on a national stage for it.

 

As he should have been. :thumb:

  • Replies 80
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Towns is that dude which I was a little unsure if he could be. He seems out there and almost like a space cadet, but dude has some mad skills.

 

I thought Cal's post-game comments were interesting. He talked about checking with Ulis and who he trusts most to be on the court to start second halves, and it is always Andrew Harrison. Everything is calculated so I can see that being a shot to guys like Goodman and others saying they could not co-exist and be the source of friction.

Towns is that dude which I was a little unsure if he could be. He seems out there and almost like a space cadet, but dude has some mad skills.

 

He just needs to be a little more careful with picking up cheap fouls while he's battling down low. He's a force on offense on the block though and has a real good feel for the game.

He just needs to be a little more careful with picking up cheap fouls while he's battling down low. He's a force on offense on the block though and has a real good feel for the game.

 

Cal gets after Towns more harshly than anyone. I think it stems from knowing him for so long. It is almost uncomfortable to watch sometimes, but most coaches have that player or two they can get after to send a message to all.

No mention of a flop yet? Hmm. :popcorn:

 

I watched the whole game last night and I don't know what you are referring to. Can you tell in detail what play you are talking about, when it happened, etc.?

I watched the whole game last night and I don't know what you are referring to. Can you tell in detail what play you are talking about, when it happened, etc.?

Later in the second half Andrew tried to sell a flop when he was going to the ground after receiving minimal contact. When he called a timeout and Bilas was saying, "it should either be a foul or a travel."

I watched the whole game last night and I don't know what you are referring to. Can you tell in detail what play you are talking about, when it happened, etc.?

 

It was on the play in the 2nd half where Jay Bilas was saying "That's either a foul or a walk. You can't just fall to the ground with the ball".

 

I can't remember if it was on an inbound or rebound (I'm leaning toward the latter). Andrew Harrison gets bumped, but doesn't get hit in the head, as he made it appear. It was right before a commercial break.

 

For what its worth, its not even close to as bad as Chris Jones (mostly because Jones was still trying to sell it five minutes later while officials were looking at the monitor).

Should have been a travel

No mention of a flop yet? Hmm. :popcorn:

 

I thought the same thing. Not as bad as the player formerly known as Jones but pretty bad.

It was on the play in the 2nd half where Jay Bilas was saying "That's either a foul or a walk. You can't just fall to the ground with the ball".

 

I can't remember if it was on an inbound or rebound (I'm leaning toward the latter). Andrew Harrison gets bumped, but doesn't get hit in the head, as he made it appear. It was right before a commercial break.

 

For what its worth, its not even close to as bad as Chris Jones (mostly because Jones was still trying to sell it five minutes later while officials were looking at the monitor).

 

Harrison clearly was knocked to the ground on the play. That play wasn't a flop. As to Harrison, rubbing his chin or whatever, I didn't even notice it.

 

By the way, that was not traveling. As Harrison was falling to the floor, he bounced the ball off the floor so no traveling. Really smart play by Andrew and a very good job by the official seeing that and not calling traveling.

What get's me is Towns gets called for the bump down low for a charge as he makes his post move. Has anyone noticed how hard Jahlil Okafor hits people with his shoulder the game with Virginia Tech the other night he nailed the kid from Tech twice a lot harder than Towns could ever hit anyone and nothing was called. I think the refs just need to be more consistent on how that is going to be called in my opinion.

Harrison clearly was knocked to the ground on the play. That play wasn't a flop. As to Harrison, rubbing his chin or whatever, I didn't even notice it.

 

By the way, that was not traveling. As Harrison was falling to the floor, he bounced the ball off the floor so no traveling. Really smart play by Andrew and a very good job by the official seeing that and not calling traveling.

 

I will disagree with you on the first part. He wasn't hit in the head at all and from the way he reacted, pulling his head back, he was definitely trying to sell contact that wasn't there. I did think the player got him with the body though.

 

And I will agree with you on the second part. I noticed that as well.

Harrison clearly was knocked to the ground on the play. That play wasn't a flop. As to Harrison, rubbing his chin or whatever, I didn't even notice it.

 

By the way, that was not traveling. As Harrison was falling to the floor, he bounced the ball off the floor so no traveling. Really smart play by Andrew and a very good job by the official seeing that and not calling traveling.

 

Agree, on both points.

Cal said in the court side interview immeadiately after the game that the poor defense in much of the game was his fault, that he attempted to "trick" Georgia with, I suppose, a new defense.

What tricks was he referring to? I know they did have a lot of defensive breakdowns and allowed some easy baskets in the paint, unusual for them.

What get's me is Towns gets called for the bump down low for a charge as he makes his post move. Has anyone noticed how hard Jahlil Okafor hits people with his shoulder the game with Virginia Tech the other night he nailed the kid from Tech twice a lot harder than Towns could ever hit anyone and nothing was called. I think the refs just need to be more consistent on how that is going to be called in my opinion.

 

I thought Towns & Djurisic both got away with some offensive fouls last night--lowering the shoulder and/or hooking.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.