10th Region Coach and Player of the Year

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Debonair, distinguished, scholarly, sculptured Adonis-like physique, I could go on for hours.

But enough about me. The OP asked for worthy candidates. Plural. I offered three on the players side (without knowing if this is a senior-only award) and several teams whose coaches may merit inclusion in the discussion.

Oh. You bolded something. I can't think of anything I omitted there.:sssh:

....was only speaking of modesty. Have no idea what you're referring to.

:lol2:

Pushing Social Security and having a major health scare about this time last year, life's too short to be serious every minute of the day.

McPapa setting the example of good sports fans and peoples.

If the POY award is Senior only (which I think it is), then Skinner and Simms are top two by a clear and distant gap. There might be a few others who are doing well but I don't think it would stack up against these two.

If Juniors added, Brackens Cummings must be in discussion but I don't think total balance of statistics and team impact against strong teams would cut it

Coaches, think it would have to go to the winner of the All "A", and a strong schedule with wins .

McPapa setting the example of good sports fans and peoples.

If the POY award is Senior only (which I think it is), then Skinner and Simms are top two by a clear and distant gap. There might be a few others who are doing well but I don't think it would stack up against these two.

If Juniors added, Brackens Cummings must be in discussion but I don't think total balance of statistics and team impact against strong teams would cut it

Coaches, think it would have to go to the winner of the All "A", and a strong schedule with wins .

Very kind of you to notice and mention it. It never would have occurred to me.

Coach Bo for Campbell County should be the front runner. New coach, applying a new system with a very young team. They are coming on strong at the end of the season and the girls are buying in. Huge turnaround after last years dibacle with the basketball program and the administration.

I'm going to post before reading the thread so I might type something that's already been typed.

COY Patrick Kelsch and it's really not close. With all the seniors be has lost and close to another 20 win season winning the 10th region All A with unknowns besides Cummins. And also winning their first round game. Hard to argue that.

POY Bailey Cummins. I've been saying it all season. Numbers don't lie 8th in the state in scoring @ 23 ppg. Also 8 rpg. She's just a junior so no she's not commited to a college yet but she has another year to get that taken care of. She has broken 3 school records this season alone and on pace to break another before the season is over. :thumb:

Coach Bo for Campbell County should be the front runner. New coach, applying a new system with a very young team. They are coming on strong at the end of the season and the girls are buying in. Huge turnaround after last years dibacle with the basketball program and the administration.

Another coach worthy of being in the mix.

Hang around for an extended period of time and you will find that I am CHOCK FULL of excellent posts. Cogent, logical, well-reasoned, penetrating, eloquent, fair and balanced. Not to mention sprinkled with a healthy dose of humility.

Of course, there's the odd member here and there that thinks I'm full of it.

Yeah put me in this group. :lol2: