10th Region Coach and Player of the Year

The coaches who belong to the KABC vote for a player of the year and a coach of the year. The POY must be a senior. She is invited to play in an all-star game on Saturday of the state tourney and is invited to the Sr. all-star team try-outs. The COY is invited to be a member of the all-star team selection committee.

In the 10th region, the 10th region coaches association also selects players to all-region team. Not sure if they actually select a POY or just have 1st, 2nd and 3rd team selections. Coaches association also selects COY.

There have been several years where the KABC COY and region coaches association COY have been different.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach of the Year candidates:

1. Coach Kelsch - lost 9 seniors. Won All A and a game at Frankfort, 18 wins

2. Coach Klette - best player leaves, still has a legit shot to win region

3. Coach Graham - preseason#1, only region loss to Scott

4. Coach Menifee - Campbell - possibly hottest team in region

Missing one..Scott Collins from Pendleton Co. They were a 3 win team last year..currently 13-10 and possible the favorite to win the 38th.

The coaches who belong to the KABC vote for a player of the year and a coach of the year. The POY must be a senior. She is invited to play in an all-star game on Saturday of the state tourney and is invited to the Sr. all-star team try-outs. The COY is invited to be a member of the all-star team selection committee.

In the 10th region, the 10th region coaches association also selects players to all-region team. Not sure if they actually select a POY or just have 1st, 2nd and 3rd team selections. Coaches association also selects COY.

There have been several years where the KABC COY and region coaches association COY have been different.

So POY does have to be Senior. That is what I though. In this case it should go to a two person race between Simms and Skinner with maybe the Senior from Scott (whose name I cannot remember).

COY - toss up

Thanks for the info. Just like the boys.

So POY does have to be Senior. That is what I though. In this case it should go to a two person race between Simms and Skinner with maybe the Senior from Scott (whose name I cannot remember).

COY - toss up

Agree 100%.

McPapa setting the example of good sports fans and peoples.

If the POY award is Senior only (which I think it is), then Skinner and Simms are top two by a clear and distant gap. There might be a few others who are doing well but I don't think it would stack up against these two.

If Juniors added, Brackens Cummings must be in discussion but I don't think total balance of statistics and team impact against strong teams would cut it

Coaches, think it would have to go to the winner of the All "A", and a strong schedule with wins .

Always overlooked because of her focus on the intangibles if your looking at Juniors you might want to include 2G/PG Kallmeyer of Scott in that discussion as she out jumped both Skinner and Simms on the opening tip. Also leading scott in steals, assists and deflections.

COY - toss up

Trimpe….no offense to any player, she is good and can shoot it, I just don't think it's the same caliber of player

Coach Bo for Campbell County should be the front runner. New coach, applying a new system with a very young team. They are coming on strong at the end of the season and the girls are buying in. Huge turnaround after last years dibacle with the basketball program and the administration.

I agree. This team has made a complete transformation from last year when they were at the bottom of the region. The team starts 2 freshman and another freshman is the first off the bench.

Coach Kelsch of Bracken Co hands down.

Why hands down? Campbell's coach has turned the team completely around with over half of the varsity team being freshmen or younger. CC also has the same amount of wins, with many more against quality opponents.