Muslim No Go Zones

jericho

Then why are there 5,238,367 different stripes of Christianity? Could it be that somebody didn't like the way one stripe was doing things, so they decided to make their own that suited them?

As long as they believe in God and Jesus died for our sins and was the son.

yeah plenty of different ways to interpret, but only 1 way to believe.

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that man has been warping God's word to serve his own narrow self-interests for a few thousand years.

That's my point. The problem is not with organized religion but with the way man has corrupted it for their own benefit. Organized religion is actually a wonderful thing.

As long as they believe in God and Jesus died for our sins and was the son.

yeah plenty of different ways to interpret, but only 1 way to believe.

But with each interpretation, God's message gets further warped. Rev. Mohler would have you believe dancing, drinking and gambling are hell-worthy sins, while the Pope would have you believe premarital sex or using a condom is the ticket to the flame. Both will suggest that theirs is the only one way to believe.

See why this is a problem?

But with each interpretation, God's message gets further warped. Rev. Mohler would have you believe dancing, drinking and gambling are hell-worthy sins, while the Pope would have you believe premarital sex or using a condom is the ticket to the flame. Both will suggest that theirs is the only one way to believe.

See why this is a problem?

Actually, I get your point, and I often suffer from the same type of cynicism. I am not a very good representative for organized religion although I am a Christian and a Catholic. There are things that the church stands for that I struggle with and can't fully adhere to. However, I believe in general that organized religion is made up of good people who want to follow and spread a good message. So, IMO, we are better off with them than we would be without them.

Actually, I get your point, and I often suffer from the same type of cynicism. I am not a very good representative for organized religion although I am a Christian and a Catholic. There are things that the church stands for that I struggle with and can't fully adhere to. However, I believe in general that organized religion is made up of good people who want to follow and spread a good message. So, IMO, we are better off with them than we would be without them.

This ^