Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dallas 24 Detroit 20

Featured Replies

You can make a case for Suh being suspended for the game or not and just fined. If not for his previous antics, no way what he did to Rodgers would even be discussed as a suspension. But because of his previous antics, whether he was going to be suspended or not was a big deal. I think the league is hesitant to suspend a guy for a playoff game and rightfully so. I for one like Dallas a lot more than Detroit but was glad he played. I thought the "pass interference call, then no call" could have been called either way. However, to change the call AFTER the ref announced it was NUTS. Never seen that before. And whether they changed it or not, Dez HAS to be called for unsportsmanlike conduct for being at least 10 yards on the field with his helmet off. Dallas got very lucky on that whole deal and I wanted Dallas to win.

 

I don't buy into the NFL is fixed garbage though. Think about it guys. You think a league that makes as much money as the NFL does is going to take a chance on blowing it all by being found out that it fixed a game? No way...

  • Replies 145
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not saying it was clear PI, but to waive it off after announcing it seems to be unprecedented

You can make a case for Suh being suspended for the game or not and just fined. If not for his previous antics, no way what he did to Rodgers would even be discussed as a suspension. But because of his previous antics, whether he was going to be suspended or not was a big deal. I think the league is hesitant to suspend a guy for a playoff game and rightfully so. I for one like Dallas a lot more than Detroit but was glad he played. I thought the "pass interference call, then no call" could have been called either way. However, to change the call AFTER the ref announced it was NUTS. Never seen that before. And whether they changed it or not, Dez HAS to be called for unsportsmanlike conduct for being at least 10 yards on the field with his helmet off. Dallas got very lucky on that whole deal and I wanted Dallas to win.

 

I don't buy into the NFL is fixed garbage though. Think about it guys. You think a league that makes as much money as the NFL does is going to take a chance on blowing it all by being found out that it fixed a game? No way...

 

Agree with all the bolded.

The NFL often comments the next day on officiating calls of this magnitude. We will see.

 

I hope for their sake they followed the right procedures. If theysay the call was wrong and the flag should have stand, then I have a really hard time saying the Lions didnt get screwed

No' date=' what's even more egregious is the leagues worst offender as a cheap shot artist was even allowed to play the game. Consider everything else you all want to gripe about as a makeup call, and even that ain't good enough. Go Cowboys![/quote']Seriously? That's where you are taking the discussion? Suh should have been suspended, but that legitimizes nothing about what transpired in that sequence.

I like the bad boy (Im not your friend) approach of the Lions. Suh was not the only bad boy on the team. Still, like it or not, he would have fit in great along time ago. So be it (pay the fines). At least he fights and disrupts. Some folks are just too soft.

I hope for their sake they followed the right procedures. If theysay the call was wrong and the flag should have stand' date=' then I have a really hard time saying the Lions didnt get screwed[/quote']They were shafted on that play. If not the PI - which I am sure the NFL can defend - then on the Dez appeal. Knowing the Lions they would have still found a way to lose.

I like the bad boy (Im not your friend) approach of the Lions. Suh was not the only bad boy on the team. Still, like it or not, he would have fit in great along time ago. So be it (pay the fines). At least he fights and disrupts. Some folks are just too soft.

I like the bad boy (Im not your friend) approach of the Lions. Suh was not the only bad boy on the team. Still' date=' like it or not, he would have fit in great along time ago. So be it (pay the fines). At least he fights and disrupts. Some folks are just too soft.[/quote']I hate it because it takes away from his game. A little ruggedness is fine, but he goes beyond and makes it about himself when he acts a fool as often as he does.
Seriously? That's where you are taking the discussion? Suh should have been suspended, but that legitimizes nothing about what transpired in that sequence.
Yep. Back to back sacks from a player that shouldn't have been in the game the drive before. AND, if Dallas hadn't picked up the first on 4th and 6 AFTER the no call on an obvious hold on Witten, would you have been whining if Dallas lost because of that? I'm guessing no since you never brought it up.

It was an obvious pass interference. Face it, Dallas/Green Bay is better tv.

 

Fixed, should get Jerry Lawler to announce the Super Bowl

Yep. Back to back sacks from a player that shouldn't have been in the game the drive before. AND' date=' if Dallas hadn't picked up the first on 4th and 6 AFTER the no call on an obvious hold on Witten, would you have been whining if Dallas lost because of that? I'm guessing no since you never brought it up.[/quote'] Whining? I'm trying to discuss a play which you are refusing to do. I never said Detroit lost because of that play. It's ok to say the refs screwed up. Nobody will think less of you.
Whining? I'm trying to discuss a play which you are refusing to do. I never said Detroit lost because of that play. It's ok to say the refs screwed up. Nobody will think less of you.
But they screw up every game. Take the other no call in the end zone where Slay made as much contact with Williams as Hitchens did and Slay didn't look for the ball either, but no call. Take both and we are offset. The Cowboys didn't win because of a flag picked up or a no call on Dez.

Honestly, if the Lions had any cojones, they would have went for it on 4th and inches but backed down. The loss is on them. They need to take it like men. Not cry like a boy named Suh.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.