Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dallas 24 Detroit 20

Featured Replies

I've never seen the refs throw a flag, announce the penalty then reverse the call.

  • Replies 145
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ref explained the call and was made more aware that it was face guarding than PI, and there is no face guarding penalty in the NFL. It was the right call.

1 call doesn't determine the game, if that was the case they should have called a hold every time Detroit scored and made sure Dallar won.

The ref explained the call and was made more aware that it was face guarding than PI, and there is no face guarding penalty in the NFL. It was the right call.

1 call doesn't determine the game, if that was the case they should have called a hold every time Detroit scored and made sure Dallar won.

 

WE AGREE!!

Former Super Bowl official said the flag should never have been thrown. However he said picking it up is tough to justify.

 

He also said Dez should not have been penalized since he got off the field when instructed to bu the official.

Former Super Bowl official said the flag should never have been thrown. However he said picking it up is tough to justify.

 

He also said Dez should not have been penalized since he got off the field when instructed to bu the official.

 

 

So if I run out onto the field and confront an official about a call and just leave when I'm told it is okay? Don't buy that one for a moment. Two sets of rules. One for the stars and one for the other guys.

So if I run out onto the field and confront an official about a call and just leave when I'm told it is okay? Don't buy that one for a moment. Two sets of rules. One for the stars and one for the other guys.

 

The referee I believe Clyde is referencing said that he would not have penalized him because Bryant returned to the bench when asked. He did not say it was not a penalty. I am not sure I buy that one either. Being on the field without a helmet is a penalty to begin with. For it to be a player not even on the field of play is a double whammy. Dez pulled a Mike Davis essentially. I think in a closed setting that ref would tell you Dez is an emotional roller coaster so you have no clue if he will snap or not if you throw that flag.

So if I run out onto the field and confront an official about a call and just leave when I'm told it is okay? Don't buy that one for a moment. Two sets of rules. One for the stars and one for the other guys.

 

That's what the official said.

Anyone who thinks the game was fixed or rigged is a bigger loon than me. And that is saying a lot.

Anyone who thinks the game was fixed or rigged is a bigger loon than me. And that is saying a lot.

 

We agree again!

 

hell-froze-over-400x221.jpg

Anyone who thinks the game was fixed or rigged is a bigger loon than me. And that is saying a lot.

 

I agree. Silly talk. Now the tuck rule game... :D

Anyone else see the picture from the other angle? The one that clearly showed Pettigrew's hand firmly clasped on the defender's facemask.

 

I don't think it was a penalty, however once the penalty was announced, I don't see how they can go back and change it.

Anyone else see the picture from the other angle? The one that clearly showed Pettigrew's hand firmly clasped on the defender's facemask.

I don't think it was a penalty, however once the penalty was announced, I don't see how they can go back and change it.

 

I thought it looked like that when they showed one of the first replays but since the announcers didn't say anything about it I figured it must have just been the angle.

I'll give the refs and the NFL a pass if they promise to speed up the replay reviews. Two gripes I have: (1) if a camera angle is not relevant to deciding the call, please do not show it over and over again; and (2) if one camera angle is sufficient to determine the call, go with it. Don't show all the other angles just because you have them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.