January 7, 201511 yr So let's get this straight... There was a pass interference/defensive holding on Dallas on the play. There was an offensive hands to the face on Detroit, and in Wireman's world that equates to Detroit got screwed? Worst case scenario is they should've replayed the down. Detroit got screwed because they actually called the penalty THEN picked the flag up and didn't call the penalty. That's a big difference in missing a call. I'll never change my mind. The Lions were hosed and I could care less about either team. I would never watch a Lions game in my life, but I happen to have Calvin Johnson on my fantasy team.
January 7, 201511 yr Because some on here, and the NFL evidently, refuse to admit the Cowboys got hosed as well in that game. I posted pictures of two of them, surely your eyes don't lie to you. No one cares and the reason is easily clear. People love to hate the Cowboys, which I have always loved and gotten such a kick out of the hatred. Part of why I'm such a fan. For the record I hate Dallas. I just refuse to entertain the ignorance that 1 play/call in any game decides the out come. And remember, this is from a Green Bay still a little salty over the Seattle loss last year.
January 7, 201511 yr That’s the sticking point and the struggle with this whole scenario. The call had already been made. It was the right call, and outside of a belligerent Dez Bryant running out onto the field to argue (why the Cowboys receiver didn’t get an unsportsmanlike flag is another mystery), everyone agreed with the decision. As Morelli tells it, one official overruled six others including the man who was responsible for making the decision. That’s mind-boggling and wrong. NFL referees aren?t corrupt, they?re just incompetent | For The Win
January 7, 201511 yr Even if they didn't screw up on the pass interference call, there's NO reason ever that Dez Bryant can run on the field and not get 15-yard penalty. Even Bret Hart is shaking his head at this game.
January 7, 201511 yr Detroit got screwed because they actually called the penalty THEN picked the flag up and didn't call the penalty. That's a big difference in missing a call. I'll never change my mind. The Lions were hosed and I could care less about either team. I would never watch a Lions game in my life, but I happen to have Calvin Johnson on my fantasy team. How is it different. Both are missed calls. Doesn't matter it was announced. They pick up flags all the time. A missed call is a missed call. Both have the same impact or lack there of. Now if you want to have a discussion about announcing calls then over turn them, fine. But to say that is the reason the Lions got screwed is even worse logic then trying to say a bad call cost a team a win.
January 7, 201511 yr Detroit got screwed because they actually called the penalty THEN picked the flag up and didn't call the penalty. That's a big difference in missing a call. I'll never change my mind. The Lions were hosed and I could care less about either team. I would never watch a Lions game in my life, but I happen to have Calvin Johnson on my fantasy team. So by this logic, did Ole Miss get screwed last night? They hit a shot, was called a 3, then 3-4 minutes later the refs changed it to a 2 and took away a point. So using your logic, Ole Miss got hosed because they called it a 3, then changed it after the fact.
January 7, 201511 yr Even if they didn't screw up on the pass interference call, there's NO reason ever that Dez Bryant can run on the field and not get 15-yard penalty. Even Bret Hart is shaking his head at this game. And there's NO reason a WR can grabthe face mask of the DB and not get a penalty.
January 7, 201511 yr Detroit got screwed because they actually called the penalty THEN picked the flag up and didn't call the penalty. That's a big difference in missing a call. I'll never change my mind. The Lions were hosed and I could care less about either team. I would never watch a Lions game in my life, but I happen to have Calvin Johnson on my fantasy team.The penalty was overruled because a second official (who didn't throw the flag) with a better view felt that there wasn't enough contact to call a penalty. This official determined that Hitchens was face-guarding (which is not a penalty in the NFL), not interfering with Lions tight end Brandon Pettigrew. Time to move on.
January 7, 201511 yr So by this logic, did Ole Miss get screwed last night? They hit a shot, was called a 3, then 3-4 minutes later the refs changed it to a 2 and took away a point. So using your logic, Ole Miss got hosed because they called it a 3, then changed it after the fact. Yes, they did screwed and I said it on Twitter last night during the game.
January 7, 201511 yr Yes, they did screwed and I said it on Twitter last night during the game. So where's your 20+ posts in the UK game thread crying foul?
January 7, 201511 yr How is it different. Both are missed calls. Doesn't matter it was announced. They pick up flags all the time. A missed call is a missed call. Both have the same impact or lack there of. Now if you want to have a discussion about announcing calls then over turn them, fine. But to say that is the reason the Lions got screwed is even worse logic then trying to say a bad call cost a team a win. That was the call on that same exact play in every other game, all season long. You run down with your eyes looking at the receiver and make contact with the receiver without making a play on the ball and it's pass interference. They call that all season long...then don't call it in the big game. Wait I'm sorry, they do call it in the big game, then overrule themselves and don't call it.
January 7, 201511 yr That was the call on that same exact play in every other game, all season long. You run down with your eyes looking at the receiver and make contact with the receiver without making a play on the ball and it's pass interference. They call that all season long...then don't call it in the big game. Wait I'm sorry, they do call it in the big game, then overrule themselves and don't call it. You keep glossing over the fact that there was an offensive penalty on the same play that didn't get called. So had the penalty stuck would you be crying that Dallas got hosed?
January 7, 201511 yr You keep glossing over the fact that there was an offensive penalty on the same play that didn't get called. So had the penalty stuck would you be crying that Dallas got hosed? It doesn't matter to me which team got hosed, all I care about is that a team got hosed. If it was the other way around, I'd say the same thing about Dallas.
January 7, 201511 yr You keep glossing over the fact that there was an offensive penalty on the same play that didn't get called. So had the penalty stuck would you be crying that Dallas got hosed?He's also glossing over the reason it was reversed.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.