Fan behavior?

KingLow

Was at a scrimmage for the NKMSAA this morning and was watching a nice competitive contest between 2 teams but I was annoyed at the behavior of one of the fan bases. Is it appropriate to cheer when a free throw is missed? Or laugh at a girl when she falls down? Seems to me like fans, especially at younger levels, should learn to stay classier by sticking to cheering FOR their team and not against others.

I was at a scrimmage this morning as well, at Tichenor, and I have a question/complaint in a different vein... what's up with charging $5 per adult for a 16 minute, running clock scrimmage? I don't know if that sounds petty or not, but I spent $20 to watch my daughter play for the equivalent of about 3 minutes of actual playing time.... They played there Thursday night as well, and I am guessing from the crowds in the stands they have a heck of a money maker there (I'd guess 100-200 paying customers each day over 3 games, so north of $1,000 cleared each day after paying refs), which I have no problem with... I just think the "product" wasn't very good.... the running clock is always annoying IMO, but it ran even during timeouts called by the coaches... I'd never seen that before.

I was at a scrimmage this morning as well, at Tichenor, and I have a question/complaint in a different vein... what's up with charging $5 per adult for a 16 minute, running clock scrimmage? I don't know if that sounds petty or not, but I spent $20 to watch my daughter play for the equivalent of about 3 minutes of actual playing time.... They played there Thursday night as well, and I am guessing from the crowds in the stands they have a heck of a money maker there (I'd guess 100-200 paying customers each day over 3 games, so north of $1,000 cleared each day after paying refs), which I have no problem with... I just think the "product" wasn't very good.... the running clock is always annoying IMO, but it ran even during timeouts called by the coaches... I'd never seen that before.

I do not have any problem with them using this as a fundraiser for their program, however 5bucks seems a little steep. I also agree about not liking the way the games are run. If they want to do a running clock that is fine but timeouts and freethrows should stop the clock.

My sons team will play in this scrimmage this coming weekend. I will give parents a heads up to not bring the whole family or grandparents. Really it is a glorified practice for a team that will play close to 40 regular games.

Was at a scrimmage for the NKMSAA this morning and was watching a nice competitive contest between 2 teams but I was annoyed at the behavior of one of the fan bases. Is it appropriate to cheer when a free throw is missed? Or laugh at a girl when she falls down? Seems to me like fans, especially at younger levels, should learn to stay classier by sticking to cheering FOR their team and not against others.

I always hated it when the PARENTS of the other team clapped at missed free throws. Not very classy, in my opinion. Also hate it when the PARENTS are stomping on the bleachers during the free throw.

I was at a scrimmage this morning as well' date=' at Tichenor, and I have a question/complaint in a different vein... what's up with charging $5 per adult for a 16 minute, running clock scrimmage? I don't know if that sounds petty or not, but I spent $20 to watch my daughter play for the equivalent of about 3 minutes of actual playing time.... They played there Thursday night as well, and I am guessing from the crowds in the stands they have a heck of a money maker there (I'd guess 100-200 paying customers each day over 3 games, so north of $1,000 cleared each day after paying refs), which I have no problem with... I just think the "product" wasn't very good.... the running clock is always annoying IMO, but it ran even during timeouts called by the coaches... I'd never seen that before.[/quote']

I was there Thursday as well. I, too, thought $5 was a tad much for a scrimmage. I can get a JV/varsity doubleheader for the same $5.

$3 seems to be fair.