Corbin 69 Bell Co.60

Heather Clouse leads Corbin into the regional final by scoring 28 points after picking up 3 fouls in the first half. Brittany Jackson helped to pick up the slack from Mikkah Rogers' absence by adding 18. Katie Akins added 11 and Christina Sutton scored 5 and played their usual all-around games.

The Lady Hounds got a boost from sophomore reserves Abby Bailor and Rikki Walden after getting into some serious foul trouble. Julie Jones stepped into the starting lineup and played very solid before fouling out in the 4th quarter.

Bell Co. has a solid team and Smith was pretty much unstopable when he got the ball on the inside. I believe that she finished with 24.

Yeah, that third foul was not a foul. The referee saw a Bell player stumble and incorrectly thought that she had been fouled. The ref picked the closest Corbin player (which was Clouse) and called a foul. I do find it interesting that there were about as many fouls called in this game as in the entire first round of the tournament. In the first round you could hardly buy a foul and in this game they called many picky and a few nonexistant fouls. A big congratulations to the Lady Redhounds you really stepped up today and won a hard fought victory. Now it' time to turn you attention to Monday night.

Yes they was alot of fouls called, but I do believe Bell Co got the bad end of the deal the 2nd half....Brooke Smith only finished with 26? goodness it looked as if she had scored twice as much as clouse did...

The intentinal Foul they called was what beat Bell, and I still think that was a HORRIBLe call...

Yes they was alot of fouls called, but I do believe Bell Co got the bad end of the deal the 2nd half....Brooke Smith only finished with 26? goodness it looked as if she had scored twice as much as clouse did...

The intentinal Foul they called was what beat Bell, and I still think that was a HORRIBLe call...

I think that it had something to do with two hands, a shove and a Corbin player's back. They missed the first one (go figure with 3 officials) but I'm was relieved when they decided to call that second one before someone got hurt. Corbin is getting pretty thin you know, but I think everyone including the officials knew that.

In all honesty the calls were about even in the second half even thought there were entirely to many picky fouls called.

Bell stayed in the game in the first half at the free throw line with more than 1/3 of their points coming on charity tosses.

Bell stayed in the game in the first half at the free throw line with more than 1/3 of their points coming on charity tosses.

13 of Bell County's 26 first half points were from the free throw line. They were 13 of 14 from the line in the first half.

Here is the line score from the Lexington Herald. Maybe tomorrow's Times will have more stats.

Corbin 19 9 17 24=69

Bell Co 7 19 16 18=60

Corbin(28-3) Clouse 28, Jackson 17, Sutton 5, Akins 11, Jones 4, Baylor 4

Bell Co.(19-12) Smith 25, Brock 1, Miracle 12, King 2, Baker 2, Dixon 10, Frady 8