What this weeks top 10 in NKY SHOULD look like

I'd have Campbell County higher than CovCath.

I think they are a much better team at this point. I know Camp Co was beaten bad in the second half of the SK game, but they were also driving to take the lead in the 3rd qtr when they fumble deep on the SK side and then the wheels fell off. So I do think Camp Co is still in the running, regardless of the final score Friday.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only SK fans that want Camp County that high so they can claim a quality win. Nobody is fooled, but by default SK gets #2. It's HHS, SK, Dixie, BW, and a bunch of mediocrity.

This seems like a good question for HHS fans since they are the only ones that have played both Campbell Co and Cov Cath

Wish I could but after the past two weeks I simply couldn't take CCH over anyone in the top ten. I don't have a clue what's going on but they simply don't appear like their heads are really in the game.

This! I know they have talent and should be really good this year. But one cannot underestimate the effect the brain can have on athletes. Most of the time, its the difference when two good teams play. I refuse to believe this Cov Cath team is this bad. The coaching opportunity for them now has NOTHING to do with X's and O's and play calling on Friday's. They need to coach the mental side...and if they do...they can still make it a decent season. Because it really doesn't matter til playoffs and 4A is weak this year in my opinion. You really only have to be really good on about two weekends.

This seems like a good question for HHS fans since they are the only ones that have played both Campbell Co and Cov Cath

I've seen Camp Co twice now. I've given my opinion on the Camp Co./HHS game. If that game is played now, it would not be pretty. Camp Co caught HHS at the right time. Not taking ANYTHING away from them, but that game was VERY close to getting really ugly if HHS is HHS in the first game. Not trying to be the cocky HHS fan, I'm telling you with all the football knowledge I have. What I saw with Camp Co Friday, makes me feel again that they are VERY mediocre. Drop passes, lob passing, one dimensional, many missed blocking assignments, couldn't get off blocks on the defensive side, pretty slow, can't hold on to the ball, bad decisions...I wasn't impressed with either team...And that has nothing to do with me being an HHS guy! Please, let's not go there! It's what I saw.

Right now, I would put Camp co 5, but not sold they wouldn't beat Beechwood because I think they are too big and deep for them and I think they would lean on them until they couldn't hold them up anymore. Now, if Beechwood could find a way to use their athletes and get up early, all bets are off because CC is not very good at coming from behind because of their offense. A 2td lead against CC will usually be pretty safe. But if they keep you close, they can beat just about anyone.

I see only 2 top teams in NKY and that is HHS and SK. The rest of the top 6 I think can beat each other in any given Friday.

You can't look at the Conner/cooper game and try and judge either team with that game if you watched it. The officiating dictated the tempo of that game from the opening kickoff. There were flags every other play and the officials made that game about them and not the teams which was a shame. You ever heard the saying that you can throw a flag for holding on every play? Well that came true Friday night.

Cooper still won on the road in a hostile enviroment and against their biggest rival and also for the first time ever they won at Conner. So I wouldn't use that game to judge Cooper except for the fact they won a very tough fought game when it counted. They also are undefeated in district after dismantling a Scott team many on here said would destroy Cooper. So I have no problem putting them above CCH. You can't punish a team for winning, makes no sense.

Cooper wouldnt come within 3 TD's of Cov Cath

1. Highlands (6-0)

2. SK (7-0)

3. Dixie (5-1 lost 1st game of the year to cov cath)

4. Campbell (4-2 lost to top 2 teams in NKY)

5. Beechwood (4-2 lost to Mt. Healthy and Dixie)

6. Cov Cath(3-3 lost to 3 good teams but last 2 were lopsided)

6. Cooper(5-2 lost to Campbell and SK, when healthy their D will give them a chance)

8. Scott (4-1 lost to Cooper)

9. Ryle (2-5 starting to play well and could make some noise in playoffs)

10. NCC (1-4 tough schedule early on)

Next several weeks will prove a lot as district games heat up.

1. Highlands (6-0)

2. SK (7-0)

3. Dixie (5-1 lost 1st game of the year to cov cath)

4. Campbell (4-2 lost to top 2 teams in NKY)

5. Beechwood (4-2 lost to Mt. Healthy and Dixie)

6. Cov Cath(3-3 lost to 3 good teams but last 2 were lopsided)

6. Cooper(5-2 lost to Campbell and SK, when healthy their D will give them a chance)

8. Scott (4-1 lost to Cooper)

9. Ryle (2-5 starting to play well and could make some noise in playoffs)

10. NCC (1-4 tough schedule early on)

Next several weeks will prove a lot as district games heat up.

This! Until we see what happens this week. It's scary I keep agreeing with Hellbird so much though!

Ryle is too low! We earned that! But this week will be the test to see if I'm right or wrong. Cov Cath is the mid season test that tells us how far we have come. It will tell if we earned our respect. If I'm right, can we finally get some respect, and MOVE us UP? We gave SK the game. Played everyone else close except Scott co. and Sycamore. We had some early season injuries, that we have recovered from. I think (my opinion) that we are better than 7th or 8th. I think we are at least 4th or 5th at this point. But like I said we'll see after Friday night.

Ryle is too low! We earned that! But this week will be the test to see if I'm right or wrong. Cov Cath is the mid season test that tells us how far we have come. It will tell if we earned our respect. If I'm right, can we finally get some respect, and MOVE us UP? We gave SK the game. Played everyone else close except Scott co. and Sycamore. We had some early season injuries, that we have recovered from. I think (my opinion) that we are better than 7th or 8th. I think we are at least 4th or 5th at this point. But like I said we'll see after Friday night.

I definitely think by the end of the year Ryle will move up in the poll. NKY coaches poll means nothing and I think Ryle could beat several teams ahead of them. No disrespect to u guys what so ever just gave what I thought the coaches poll would look like. I will say I was very impressed with da Raiders physical play against SK and I've said on here and to many friends that if any 6A team overlooks or comes with their B game against Ryle they are in for a long night. Good luck to you guys this Friday, I think you guys pull out a W.

I definitely think by the end of the year Ryle will move up in the poll. NKY coaches poll means nothing and I think Ryle could beat several teams ahead of them. No disrespect to u guys what so ever just gave what I thought the coaches poll would look like. I will say I was very impressed with da Raiders physical play against SK and I've said on here and to many friends that if any 6A team overlooks or comes with their B game against Ryle they are in for a long night. Good luck to you guys this Friday, I think you guys pull out a W.

Thanks, No disrespect taken, we earned the ranking. The young men are working very hard at getting better and learning. Hope both teams stay healthy. I'm looking forward to a great game. We fully expect Cov Cath to show up and be ready. I think we will be ready too.

So you think that Cooper and Campbell might get past CCH with their injuries and downspin but you dont think Ryle could beat them. You are the biggest homer (2nd biggest) and you show your wisdom with each post. I bet you and UK#1 hang out in his basement and play techmobowl together. SMH....Ryle will put together a good game plan vs Cov Cath healthy or not. Cooper would not want to play them at this point in season.

Cooper had half their injured players from before the SK game return last week and the others that can return this season may be back after the bye (this week)

As far as Ryle, please read my post!!!! I said Ryle could also beat them if they played like they did the last 2 weeks. Far from a homer, I'm about the only un-biased person you will find.

Also, Cooper beat Ryle so if you think Ryle could beat CCH then why couldn't Cooper? Talk about homer lol