Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Dave Wirth in trouble at CovCath?

Featured Replies

Classic avoidance of the real question.

 

That tells me I'm right.

 

When was the last time CovCath was good? When was the last time you had 9 straight district wins? Was it the 90's? I know you desperately want to believe it but this CovCath program isn't what it was years ago. How long can you live on your titles years ago?

  • Replies 165
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?

 

Yeah but this thread has nothing to do with Simon Kenton.

CovCath will heal up, win 5 games in a row to go into the 3rd round of the playoffs with an 8-4 record as an underdog vs the Birds. Probably play a great game that could go either way. And, it's not out of the question they pull the upset on Highlands and go on to win state. Stranger things have happened.

CovCath will heal up, win 5 games in a row to go into the 3rd round of the playoffs with an 8-4 record as an underdog vs the Birds. Probably play a great game that could go either way. And, it's not out of the question they pull the upset on Highlands and go on to win state. Stranger things have happened.

 

You win the optimist of the night award!

You're good...

 

I'm good at reading through crap and faulty logic. You are 100% correct on that one.

 

You tell me. What has SK done this year to tell us they're a legit team?

 

If CCH is healthy are they 8-0 with SK's schedule thus far?

 

Yeah but this thread has nothing to do with Simon Kenton.

 

Certainly it does. We're asking if Wirth is in trouble and using SK as a team to compare them to.

 

Would Wirth be in trouble if he was in 6A and had played SK's schedule thus far at full health? No. They'd be 8-0.

  • Author
Certainly it does. We're asking if Wirth is in trouble and using SK as a team to compare them to.

 

Would Wirth be in trouble if he was in 6A and had played SK's schedule thus far at full health? No. They'd be 8-0.

 

Start a new thread and I will indulge you but this thread has nothing to do with Simon.

When was the last time CovCath was good? When was the last time you had 9 straight district wins? Was it the 90's? I know you desperately want to believe it but this CovCath program isn't what it was years ago. How long can you live on your titles years ago?

 

I talk one year at a time. Unlike you who have used last year's totals as lame support I've said nothing about previous seasons.

CovCath will heal up, win 5 games in a row to go into the 3rd round of the playoffs with an 8-4 record as an underdog vs the Birds. Probably play a great game that could go either way. And, it's not out of the question they pull the upset on Highlands and go on to win state. Stranger things have happened.

 

What I am trying to figure out is whether CCH will "heal up" by the playoffs. If so, what you say may be correct. I remember leaving the HHS /CCH game thinking that if they play again in the playoffs, it will be much closer. But then CCH has been a doormat since then. If it is truly due to injuries and the players come back, CCH could still make a run. However, it is hard to believe the CCH team of the past month can put any sort of run together right now.

Easy to say and you're still not telling my why SK is legit. Is is the Cooper win?

 

Their 6 pt win against Boone???

Until the two teams meet in head to head competition it's ridiculous to say who is better. JMO

1. Undefeated, 8-0. (18 straight regular season wins).

2. 9 straight 6A district wins in a row.

3. 21-1 record over the past 2 seasons.

4. I broke my calculator figuring point differential for the past 2 seasons.

 

Keep working hard SK...

 

I am sorry to say this, however I can't help to compare these incredible feats of SK to a similar friend of Highlands and for this discussion CovCath's friend, that goliath in the mountains...:thumb:

 

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with winning every single game that a coach can control through scheduling but when he has to play that team in the end that wasn't on his schedule it seems to be the same ole same ole. This is most probably why it is so hard for so many to wrap their heads around the thought that SK is more superior than everyone else in NKY...

 

It all comes down to that schedule thingy, SK does not better themselves for the end of the yr by playing the schedule that is put in place yr after yr after yr...I actually feel bad for the incredible athletes at SK that are not challenged and tested...

 

At some point in time, the folks in Indpendence just might want a little more than just numbers at the banquet each yr...Just sayin

That goliath in the mountains beat CovCath twice. Maybe 3xs after this season. CovCath hasn't raised their level to anywhere near where it should be. Resources are there. Athletes are there. Something isn't working. Brossart got a rough patch due in part to the previous regime's lack of desire in developing younger players. Wirth has had enough time to remedy that. I don't think that Wirth or any high school coach should get axed if they are doing the important things correctly and he is. I don't think that it would hurt to reassess everything about the program and simplify a lot of what they are trying to do. HHS should be the model. Smart efficient, fast, and dedicated

CovCath will heal up, win 5 games in a row to go into the 3rd round of the playoffs with an 8-4 record as an underdog vs the Birds. Probably play a great game that could go either way. And, it's not out of the question they pull the upset on Highlands and go on to win state. Stranger things have happened.

 

I'm with you. They may have to travel to JC or Boyle Cty, but I fully expect them to be in Ft Thomas Nov 21. History tells me that much.

Tdy......I will be in South Bend on the 21st so I am ordering the "tdy text update" service now to avoid the rush........

Tdy......I will be in South Bend on the 21st so I am ordering the "tdy text update" service now to avoid the rush........

 

This...you can count on

 

The "Tdyfone" is always on full charge on game day...he will send texts out just as fast as those hot dogs can push those digits...:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.