Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Dave Wirth in trouble at CovCath?

Featured Replies

Here is a quote from Coach Rash from the Enquirer that applies to this discussion:

 

"The minute you don't win a game, everyone jumps on the bandwagon with social media," Rash said. "People are going to say bad things (about CovCath) now, and it's an absolute crime that it happens. Everybody wanted us down when we lost to Dixie…They're high school kids. They're awesome. I have a great team. They played great today. They didn't play great four or five weeks ago, but we knew what we had. Everybody out there thinks that the minute you lose the game you're no good anymore. We know what we have – we're not surprised by it, but we're certainly pleased."

 

Beechwood upsets CovCath on the road

He's 100% correct, but at the same time, some of the criticism coaches get from different programs is deserved too.

 

Rash remember has gotten all kinds of heat in the past too, and when they start losing it will come again. It's the nature of the beast. With that said I can't say I don't enjoy some who start bashing their teams coach because they are so convinced its the coaches fault their beloved team lost instead of ever admitting that maybe the other teams they lost to are actually better.

  • Replies 165
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked what I saw from CCH the couple games attended earlier this season and it seemed the CCH fans had no problem with Wirth then. Now how it is getting ugly in Park Hills.

 

I will say I do find it funny how someone like Joe Walter who originally was sending his son to Cooper but pulled that off the table because there wasn't an assistant coaches position waiting for him so he sends him to CCH where he also isnt a coach and now has this turmoil with their HC lol. Instead he could have sent his son to play for one of the most underrated coaches in NKY along with one of the best if not the very best line coach.

 

I do enjoy the decisions of some egos lol.

 

Coach Wirth, look out for the torches and pitchforks in park hills.

 

Is the line coach Bob Burnett?

 

I think Walter sending his kid to Cov Cath is a good decision. I assume he will be a lineman and Cov Cath has had a lot of lineman playing college at the D1 level.

Is the line coach Bob Burnett?

 

I think Walter sending his kid to Cov Cath is a good decision. I assume he will be a lineman and Cov Cath has had a lot of lineman playing college at the D1 level.

 

Yes it's coach Burnett.

Yes it's coach Burnett.

 

I didn't know Bob as at Cooper. He was my 7th grade gym teacher. I'm sure I still have an imprint on my forehead from that red dodge ball he threw at me in gym class. Good dude.

Sidenote: Joe Walter is on the frosh staff.

I didn't know Bob as at Cooper. He was my 7th grade gym teacher. I'm sure I still have an imprint on my forehead from that red dodge ball he threw at me in gym class. Good dude.

Haha, yea he has been at Cooper since day 1. Actually applied for the HC job when they opened. He is such a huge reason behind Coopers success in such a short time. Coach Borchers really knew what he was doing when putting his staff together.

 

I will never forget a story that someone told me once about coach Burnett. It was when Max Montoya was working as an assistant coach at BW when Burnett was there. Max who was a pro bowl linemen in the NFL said he had some great coaches in his life but never learned as much as he did from Coach Burnett. That speaks volumes of what kind of line coach Coach Burnett is.

Edited by Hellbird

Sidenote: Joe Walter is on the frosh staff.

Very interesting!

 

I believe there was a CCH fan who a couple years ago when this story first was brought up, told me there was no merit to it and said if it did then I guess we could expect Joe Walter to be on the staff at whatever school he sent his kid....guess that guy is eating crow right about now.

Bob knows how to Coach all types of lineman. He will get the most out of every kid that is willing to put forth the effort.

 

Sorry for the Off-topic post.

I think coach Wirth should be kept at CovCath for a long time.

Where do I begin, now I would agree completely that HS coaches should not be fired depending on wins and losses, but Dave Wirth is destroying much more than the Colonels record. I believe he sat out WR Jake Erpenbeck because Jake mentioned a possible play to the offensive coordinator. When you have coaches not willing listen to players, who see it first hand, that's a HUGE problem.That's another thing, Coach Roberts has to go. A hurry up offense who gets more delay of game penalties than anyone I know. The Colonels penalties in red zone is ridiculous. The offensive can't stay on the field and finish a drive to save their lives. Play calling is horriffic. Back to Wirth, after talking to multiple people at the game today, I am know led to believe that it is players vs coaches in the lockerroom. Players blaming coaches and coaches blaming players. It seems to me Dave Wirth has destroyed the Covington Catholic Football tradition and needs to go. We appreciate your time here but are tired of seeing you lose in the 3rd round of the playoffs every year. Thanks but no thanks, FIRE DAVE WIRTH.

 

Possible people that come to mind my if the Kobe did open up would be DC Drew Nochols, who is a teacher at the school. I also heard TEd Edgington's name floating around after the Highlands massacre. Also heard Dixies O Line coach- name??- would be interested in the job. IMO, if you cannot win with the talent the CCH has, you should not be coaching any team. Ugh! I will continue support the boys the rest of the way, but doubting this coaching staff.

CCH definetly has a big decision to make in the 3 months.

 

It seems to me that you only got half the info but won't let that stop you from running your mouth. More misinformation. Erpenbeck was suspended for this game for more than insubordination- but by all means, please give us your great insight.

 

Wirth is going nowhere and all the self entitled bitchers and moaners who like to live in their glory days and vicariously thru their kids will cool their jets in the weeks to come. Wirth is a terrific coach and teacher of young men. The program has increased in value- more kids than ever are coming out to play and this Senior class of football players is the largest it has been in years.

 

Yes, improvements and adjustments need to be made- yes the coaches are upset and embarrassed about the last two weeks. Beechwood has a very good team. A ton of what happened yesterday was mental and the coaches have to get that fixed. I am positive that it will. This is essentially the same group of kids and coaches who overcame a ton of adversity last year when numerous Seniors went down to lead them to a very good year.

I liked what I saw from CCH the couple games attended earlier this season and it seemed the CCH fans had no problem with Wirth then. Now how it is getting ugly in Park Hills.

 

I will say I do find it funny how someone like Joe Walter who originally was sending his son to Cooper but pulled that off the table because there wasn't an assistant coaches position waiting for him so he sends him to CCH where he also isnt a coach and now has this turmoil with their HC lol. Instead he could have sent his son to play for one of the most underrated coaches in NKY along with one of the best if not the very best line coach.

 

I do enjoy the decisions of some egos lol.

 

Coach Wirth, look out for the torches and pitchforks in park hills.

 

Your so wrong about the Walter thing it isn't even funny, but I know there is no arguing with you so I won't waste any more breath.

BTW- I doubt you find a much better O-Line in N Ky, much less the state, than Tyler Conrad as evidenced by the fact that multiple kids at that position have gone on to play at the next level during his time at Cov Cath. That, and the fact that Cov Cath represents one of the best academic institutions in the state probably had something to do with sending his son to Cov Cath vs Cooper, Conner or wherever else.

The only opinion that matters is Bob Rowe's. Not sure he gets swayed by anyone's opinion. The fact he hired outside the family in hoops should tell us he is not keen on hiring a crony of the PHM. I would assume his criteria may be more along the lines of whether the Coach can coach and fosters a positive environment for the kids and the school. Seems simple but harder to find these days as people (parents) get into coaching for the wrong reasons.

Your so wrong about the Walter thing it isn't even funny, but I know there is no arguing with you so I won't waste any more breath.

BTW- I doubt you find a much better O-Line in N Ky, much less the state, than Tyler Conrad as evidenced by the fact that multiple kids at that position have gone on to play at the next level during his time at Cov Cath. That, and the fact that Cov Cath represents one of the best academic institutions in the state probably had something to do with sending his son to Cov Cath vs Cooper, Conner or wherever else.

Actually I'm 99.9% positive it's correct. Funny you say I'm Wrong, but then again you're a CCH guy lol. Funny thing is, this came out a long before he chose CCH and the fact that his boy is at CCH now and he is coaching there only adds weight to the story that came out several years ago. Oh btw, before you get all your CCH cheerleading out of the way, Ccoper also has players including Linemen playing at the next level, not bad for a team in its infancy.

 

By the way, you are always so blinded by your bias there isn't anyone that can debate anything with you. As long as its CCH, no one else can be right about anything. Oh, one more thing, where is your defense on the Crazies and their horrible display of school spirit and support yesterday?

 

 

Oh, and one more thing. I'm a Beechwood grad and I believe BW was the only HS in the area and only 1 of 2 in the state to receive some of,the highest academic awards last year. Believe it or not, there actually are better schools than Cov Cath. Oh the horror! Lol

Actually I'm 99.9% positive it's correct. Funny you say I'm Wrong, but then again you're a CCH guy lol. Funny thing is, this came out a long before he chose CCH and the fact that his boy is at CCH now and he is coaching there only adds weight to the story that came out several years ago. Oh btw, before you get all your CCH cheerleading out of the way, Ccoper also has players including Linemen playing at the next level, not bad for a team in its infancy.

 

By the way, you are always so blinded by your bias there isn't anyone that can debate anything with you. As long as its CCH, no one else can be right about anything. Oh, one more thing, where is your defense on the Crazies and their horrible display of school spirit and support yesterday?

 

 

Oh, and one more thing. I'm a Beechwood grad and I believe BW was the only HS in the area and only 1 of 2 in the state to receive some of,the highest academic awards last year. Believe it or not, there actually are better schools than Cov Cath. Oh the horror! Lol

 

Again- you have no insight into the program, so I'm not going to waste my time with you. The thread was about whether Wirth was in trouble. He is not. It's pot stirring from others that keeps the thread going I guess.

I didn't know Bob as at Cooper. He was my 7th grade gym teacher. I'm sure I still have an imprint on my forehead from that red dodge ball he threw at me in gym class. Good dude.

 

Great man. I'm convinced Coach Turner at HHS is the best Oline coach around but people don't come any better than Bob.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.