Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Dave Wirth in trouble at CovCath?

Featured Replies

Come on man!

 

Hahaha fair enough, Rephrase the question, do you think their are coaches out there that can do better than what Wirth has done?

  • Replies 165
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Hahaha fair enough, Rephrase the question, do you think their are coaches out there that can do better than what Wirth has done?

 

No matter who you are there is always someone better.

Where do I begin, now I would agree completely that HS coaches should not be fired depending on wins and losses, but Dave Wirth is destroying much more than the Colonels record. I believe he sat out WR Jake Erpenbeck because Jake mentioned a possible play to the offensive coordinator. When you have coaches not willing listen to players, who see it first hand, that's a HUGE problem.That's another thing, Coach Roberts has to go. A hurry up offense who gets more delay of game penalties than anyone I know. The Colonels penalties in red zone is ridiculous. The offensive can't stay on the field and finish a drive to save their lives. Play calling is horriffic. Back to Wirth, after talking to multiple people at the game today, I am know led to believe that it is players vs coaches in the lockerroom. Players blaming coaches and coaches blaming players. It seems to me Dave Wirth has destroyed the Covington Catholic Football tradition and needs to go. We appreciate your time here but are tired of seeing you lose in the 3rd round of the playoffs every year. Thanks but no thanks, FIRE DAVE WIRTH.

 

Possible people that come to mind my if the Kobe did open up would be DC Drew Nochols, who is a teacher at the school. I also heard TEd Edgington's name floating around after the Highlands massacre. Also heard Dixies O Line coach- name??- would be interested in the job. IMO, if you cannot win with the talent the CCH has, you should not be coaching any team. Ugh! I will continue support the boys the rest of the way, but doubting this coaching staff.

CCH definetly has a big decision to make in the 3 months.

I will say this. I do not like "System Coaches" at the high school level. This isn't college where you recruit to suit your needs. Dale Mueller's greatest as a coach was his willingness to adapt to his talent offensively to personnel. People hated the jet sweep offense but he identified it as a strength and stuck with it. Wirth sticks to his system and shoe horns players into it. I don't get it.

  • Author

How long is Erpenbeck suspended? I was told earlier in the week that it was a 2 game suspension for insubordination (my word).

Lot of coaches may want the job but CovCath has to find someone willing to stay and not use any success as a step stone to a better private school job or a bigger payday at a public school or a college job. That is often a tough find.

Where do I begin' date=' now I would agree completely that HS coaches should not be fired depending on wins and losses, but Dave Wirth is destroying much more than the Colonels record. I believe he sat out WR Jake Erpenbeck because Jake mentioned a possible play to the offensive coordinator. When you have coaches not willing listen to players, who see it first hand, that's a HUGE problem.That's another thing, Coach Roberts has to go. A hurry up offense who gets more delay of game penalties than anyone I know. The Colonels penalties in red zone is ridiculous. The offensive can't stay on the field and finish a drive to save their lives. Play calling is horriffic. Back to Wirth, after talking to multiple people at the game today, I am know led to believe that it is players vs coaches in the lockerroom. Players blaming coaches and coaches blaming players. It seems to me Dave Wirth has destroyed the Covington Catholic Football tradition and needs to go. We appreciate your time here but are tired of seeing you lose in the 3rd round of the playoffs every year. Thanks but no thanks, FIRE DAVE WIRTH. Possible people that come to mind my if the Kobe did open up would be DC Drew Nochols, who is a teacher at the school. I also heard TEd Edgington's name floating around after the Highlands massacre. Also heard Dixies O Line coach- name??- would be interested in the job. IMO, if you cannot win with the talent the CCH has, you should not be coaching any team. Ugh! I will continue support the boys the rest of the way, but doubting this coaching staff. CCH definetly has a big decision to make in the 3 months.[/quote']

 

This post is what kills a good board.

The Colonel community expects better. Homecoming , TV game, division 1 rival, Bengals $200,000 grant for stadium improvements, Bishop in attendance......humiliating. No excuses Coach Wirth doesn't deserve or get it.

When will the Football Email surface? Wait for it....wait for it....

No matter who you are there is always someone better.

 

Not always

I liked what I saw from CCH the couple games attended earlier this season and it seemed the CCH fans had no problem with Wirth then. Now how it is getting ugly in Park Hills.

 

I will say I do find it funny how someone like Joe Walter who originally was sending his son to Cooper but pulled that off the table because there wasn't an assistant coaches position waiting for him so he sends him to CCH where he also isnt a coach and now has this turmoil with their HC lol. Instead he could have sent his son to play for one of the most underrated coaches in NKY along with one of the best if not the very best line coach.

 

I do enjoy the decisions of some egos lol.

 

Coach Wirth, look out for the torches and pitchforks in park hills.

To answer the question in one word.....YES!!!!

I liked what I saw from CCH the couple games attended earlier this season and it seemed the CCH fans had no problem with Wirth then. Now how it is getting ugly in Park Hills.

 

I will say I do find it funny how someone like Joe Walter who originally was sending his son to Cooper but pulled that off the table because there wasn't an assistant coaches position waiting for him so he sends him to CCH where he also isnt a coach and now has this turmoil with their HC lol. Instead he could have sent his son to play for one of the most underrated coaches in NKY along with one of the best if not the very best line coach.

 

I do enjoy the decisions of some egos lol.

 

Coach Wirth, look out for the torches and pitchforks in park hills.

I do not think having an assistant coach position had anything to do with it.

I do not think having an assistant coach position had anything to do with it.

 

Just going by what I heard sev years ago and everything that has happened after I heard the story has played out just as we thought it would. So I will stand by what I originally heard and was also reported in here couple years ago. No reason not to believe the original rumors.

Here is a quote from Coach Rash from the Enquirer that applies to this discussion:

 

"The minute you don't win a game, everyone jumps on the bandwagon with social media," Rash said. "People are going to say bad things (about CovCath) now, and it's an absolute crime that it happens. Everybody wanted us down when we lost to Dixie…They're high school kids. They're awesome. I have a great team. They played great today. They didn't play great four or five weeks ago, but we knew what we had. Everybody out there thinks that the minute you lose the game you're no good anymore. We know what we have – we're not surprised by it, but we're certainly pleased."

 

Beechwood upsets CovCath on the road

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.