Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Dave Wirth in trouble at CovCath?

Featured Replies

Since this is a CovCath thread and not about Simon, when was the last time CovCath posed a serious threat to Highlands? My memory banks don't go that far back.

  • Replies 165
  • Views 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the Cov Cath Beechwood game, and now the Cov Cath Ryle game, ive noticed a few things, that lead me to believe there are other issues besides the coach at Cov Cath.

 

Two weeks now I see Cov Cath WR not blocking down field on run plays, not running routes at full speed. I see DB's on defense not coming up to help make a play at times (not all the time) when the play is not dead yet. Little things like this. I noticed it in the Beechwood game, and shurgged it as they just having a bad day. But last night watching the Ryle game I looked for it specifically and saw it more than I should have. I see laziness, lack of effort (or care) at a few little things, that maybe mean more.

2006

 

Thanks for that. 8 years. Since Wirth hasn't been the coach during that time, how can we hold him accountable? Has the program continued to decline during his tenure? Has the gap widened between the two district opponents?

After watching the Cov Cath Beechwood game, and now the Cov Cath Ryle game, ive noticed a few things, that lead me to believe there are other issues besides the coach at Cov Cath.

 

Two weeks now I see Cov Cath WR not blocking down field on run plays, not running routes at full speed. I see DB's on defense not coming up to help make a play at times (not all the time) when the play is not dead yet. Little things like this. I noticed it in the Beechwood game, and shurgged it as they just having a bad day. But last night watching the Ryle game I looked for it specifically and saw it more than I should have. I see laziness, lack of effort (or care) at a few little things, that maybe mean more.

 

Lack of effort tells me the coach is losing the team.

We could do one of those trivia games. Like who was President, What was the #1 song and movie , who won the world series etc.

When CCH was a threat to HHS.

Lack of effort tells me the coach is losing the team.

 

Perhaps, but I put a lot of that on the players, just like I have on the players at Boone. Boone woke up this week, question is can Cov Cath wake up, or should they start putting the cheerleaders in pads.

Definitely on the players to put in the work and play through the whistle. However, if the kids don't do it, it's up to the coaches to motivate- either with the spoken word or the bench. Based on the injury claims, the bench must not be an option as it must not be too deep.

Since this is a CovCath thread and not about Simon, when was the last time CovCath posed a serious threat to Highlands? My memory banks don't go that far back.

 

What's the definition of serious threat? Yes, the last time they beat HHS was 2006. In the 2011 regular season, I believe it was a one score game, with CCH inside the 20 at the end of the game. The last two years (2012 and 2013), CCH lost 28-13 at HHS in the playoffs.

 

If "serious threat" means a single possession game, then I believe the 2011 regular season game is the only one since 2006 that I can recall.

 

Let's be clear, HHS has been far superior to CCH, top to bottom, since 2006 and frankly, for the majority of the past 15 years. But, let's make sure the facts are straight.

Perhaps, but I put a lot of that on the players, just like I have on the players at Boone. Boone woke up this week, question is can Cov Cath wake up, or should they start putting the cheerleaders in pads.

 

They no longer have cheerleaders. Just those guys in front of the stands who paint themselves. Next man up?

Despite what some may think I simply am not very close to the program like I used to be. I couldn't pick 99% of the kids I read about on here out of a lineup if they didn't wear their #. I can't tell you who half of the staff is. I certainly can't tell you anything about schemes (never my strength).

 

What I can say after watching this team is they are way over-hyped and their talent is not nearly where many would have you believe. So maybe Dave is a product of (shocker here) false expectations.

 

Positive: QB play is really good when healthy. Wags is a very nice high school QB. Murrer is a stud OL. Cam Pitzer is a nice LB who is a tad thin for the mike position IMO. Return game can be strong at times.

 

They lack a running game. No breakaway threat. No horse to ride. Not sure if the OL is great at run-blocking.

WRs are extremely inconsistent with their hands.

DBs are OK - not great.

Kicking game(punting and kicking) is weak.

DL when healthy is solid but needs to be better. LB speed is not great.

As a whole the team sometimes seems to more into looks than grit.

 

WIth that said at full health they're still top 3 or 4. Not sure what that says about NKY.

Despite what some may think I simply am not very close to the program like I used to be. I couldn't pick 99% of the kids I read about on here out of a lineup if they didn't wear their #. I can't tell you who half of the staff is. I certainly can't tell you anything about schemes (never my strength).

 

What I can say after watching this team is they are way over-hyped and their talent is not nearly where many would have you believe. So maybe Dave is a product of (shocker here) false expectations.

 

Positive: QB play is really good when healthy. Wags is a very nice high school QB. Murrer is a stud OL. Cam Pitzer is a nice LB who is a tad thin for the mike position IMO. Return game can be strong at times.

 

They lack a running game. No breakaway threat. No horse to ride. Not sure if the OL is great at run-blocking.

WRs are extremely inconsistent with their hands.

DBs are OK - not great.

Kicking game(punting and kicking) is weak.

DL when healthy is solid but needs to be better. LB speed is not great.

As a whole the team sometimes seems to more into looks than grit.

 

WIth that said at full health they're still top 3 or 4. Not sure what that says about NKY.

I personally don't think NKY is anything but avg this year myself. I think HHs and BW have the best shot at winning titles this year but outside of that, no one really stands out.

Despite what some may think I simply am not very close to the program like I used to be. I couldn't pick 99% of the kids I read about on here out of a lineup if they didn't wear their #. I can't tell you who half of the staff is. I certainly can't tell you anything about schemes (never my strength).

 

What I can say after watching this team is they are way over-hyped and their talent is not nearly where many would have you believe. So maybe Dave is a product of (shocker here) false expectations.

 

Positive: QB play is really good when healthy. Wags is a very nice high school QB. Murrer is a stud OL. Cam Pitzer is a nice LB who is a tad thin for the mike position IMO. Return game can be strong at times.

 

They lack a running game. No breakaway threat. No horse to ride. Not sure if the OL is great at run-blocking.

WRs are extremely inconsistent with their hands.

DBs are OK - not great.

Kicking game(punting and kicking) is weak.

DL when healthy is solid but needs to be better. LB speed is not great.

As a whole the team sometimes seems to more into looks than grit.

 

WIth that said at full health they're still top 3 or 4. Not sure what that says about NKY.

 

Should I assume the lack of response means we are all in agreement?

Should I assume the lack of response means we are all in agreement?

 

I responded :)

My comments in blue.

 

Despite what some may think I simply am not very close to the program like I used to be. I couldn't pick 99% of the kids I read about on here out of a lineup if they didn't wear their #. I can't tell you who half of the staff is. I certainly can't tell you anything about schemes (never my strength).

 

What I can say after watching this team is they are way over-hyped and their talent is not nearly where many would have you believe. So maybe Dave is a product of (shocker here) false expectations. Yes, I do believe they were overhyped and the talent is not as good as thought.

 

Positive: QB play is really good when healthy. Wags is a very nice high school QB. Wagner is a much better QB than I have given him credit for in the past. His loss is a huge blow.

 

Murrer is a stud OL. Yes.

 

Cam Pitzer is a nice LB who is a tad thin for the mike position IMO. Honestly, I expected more out of Pitzer this year. I was very impressed with him last year and it doesn't look like he is as effective this year as last.

 

Return game can be strong at times. Yes.

 

They lack a running game. No breakaway threat. No horse to ride. Not sure if the OL is great at run-blocking.I can't figure out why they aren't more effective running it. I would make it a combination of the OL not being as good at run blocking, the RB not being quite as good as I thought and the offensive scheme/play calling.

 

WRs are extremely inconsistent with their hands. To me, with all the speed they have, the WR's just don't seem to find open space like you would expect.

 

DBs are OK - not great.

Kicking game(punting and kicking) is weak.

DL when healthy is solid but needs to be better. LB speed is not great.

As a whole the team sometimes seems to more into looks than grit.

 

WIth that said at full health they're still top 3 or 4. Maybe top 5, but the point is agreed - certainly one of the best in N. Ky.

 

Not sure what that says about NKY.CCH is still better than they are currently being given credit for. When they get to JC, people will be picking them to beat JC.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.