I bet Jerry wishes he had took Johnny right about now.

Hasn't he already said he regrets not drafting Johnny?

The narrative in local papers here is that Jerry wanted Johnny and his son said no.

I think that some of that might just be that the Cowboys weren't sold on Manziel (and him in the Big D could be an unmitigated disaster) and them passing the buck and not telling fans about how wrong they think they are about Manziel.

The narrative in local papers here is that Jerry wanted Johnny and his son said no.

I think that some of that might just be that the Cowboys weren't sold on Manziel (and him in the Big D could be an unmitigated disaster) and them passing the buck and not telling fans about how wrong they think they are about Manziel.

Saw a segment on ESPN about how much Jerry wanted Manziel but finally allowed the football staff to over rule him in the draft. Said he'd never let that happen again.

Saw a segment on ESPN about how much Jerry wanted Manziel but finally allowed the football staff to over rule him in the draft. Said he'd never let that happen again.

Yep.

But ask yourself, when in his life has Jerry ever let anyone but Jerry run anything with the Cowboys' that was counter to what he really wanted?

Personally, I think Jerry didn't want Johnny. They'd just paid Romo handsomely and he's the fan's favorite whipping boy when the whole team isn't really world beaters.

Johnny in Dallas had the potential to be a train wreck in terms of putting him and his lifestyle in that fish bowl, as a rookie, and that close to his hometown and all of his friends, family, and the like.

I have a hard time thinking anything but that Jerry saw it as a way to pass the buck and blame someone else just in case Johnny came in and did well with the Browns early on.