Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Sam released

Featured Replies

He better sign the book deal.

 

He cleared waivers, so none of the other 31 teams wanted to sign him at this time either. The book deal may be his best option.

  • Replies 142
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stinks for him it seems the league just isn't ready.

Stinks for him it seems the league just isn't ready.

 

I think the league is "ready" for a more talented player...

Stinks for him it seems the league just isn't ready.

 

A team in the League will be plenty ready if some 4-3 defense team has 2 or 3 DEs get injured in Week 1. The team won't care about anything other than if you can help them be better.

I think the league is "ready" for a more talented player...

 

SEC defensive player of the year can't make a roster is once in a blue moon I guess then.

I heard he is going to be on Monday Night Raw next week.

SEC defensive player of the year can't make a roster is once in a blue moon I guess then.

 

Things like that happen sometimes. You can excel in college and not be cut out for the pros. Manti Teo comes to mind. I'm sure there are plenty more.

SEC defensive player of the year can't make a roster is once in a blue moon I guess then.

 

He's not the average SEC defensive player of the year. The other 9 this decade were drafted at an average position of 11th overall. Only one other was outside the 1st round going early 2nd at 33rd overall.

 

I'd guess that his experience in the NFL thus far is not much different than the majority of 7th round draft picks with the exception that none of the others are being discussed on Sportscenter.

Things like that happen sometimes. You can excel in college and not be cut out for the pros. Manti Teo comes to mind. I'm sure there are plenty more.

 

Just since 2000, unless I'm mistaken two Heisman trophy winners never even played in an actual NFL game. Eric Crouch, Jason White.

SEC defensive player of the year can't make a roster is once in a blue moon I guess then.

 

There are plenty of Heisman trophy winners that couldn't make it in the NFL. The Heisman is a much bigger award then SEC Defensive player of the a Year.

There are plenty of Heisman trophy winners that couldn't make it in the NFL. The Heisman is a much bigger award then SEC Defensive player of the a Year.

 

I've been told the SEC is the minor league for the NFL for the past decade. Not buying what you all are selling.

Things like that happen sometimes. You can excel in college and not be cut out for the pros. Manti Teo comes to mind. I'm sure there are plenty more.
A two time Heisman winner from OSU comes to mind.
I've been told the SEC is the minor league for the NFL for the past decade. Not buying what you all are selling.

 

Why did two recent Heisman Trophy winners never play in the NFL?

I've been told the SEC is the minor league for the NFL for the past decade. Not buying what you all are selling.

 

It is.....along with the Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12, and the rest of college football. Do you really think Sam was the best defensive player in the SEC last year with the most NFL potential?? Or the best defensive player in the Country last year?? There's a reason he was a 7th round pick, and why he was ultimately released, and it's not because he's gay. The fact that there's no outrage, or controversy over his release tells you everything you need to know. Aside from being Co-Defensive player of the year in the SEC, what have you seen from him that makes you believe he belongs in the NFL?

Why did two recent Heisman Trophy winners never play in the NFL?

 

Which two haven't in the past decade? Also, it's not a Heisman debate, Heisman can be a product of the system. It is constantly advertised on here and across America, that the SEC trumps all except the NFL. And now you all wanna down play the SEC defensive POY?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.