Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Sam released

Featured Replies

^ I knew this one was headed down this path. For the record, none of us will be judged by "your book". No one on here has castigated you for your beliefs.

 

I'm out.

 

So when logic prevails just bail out?

  • Replies 142
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's quite a difference in being brainwashed by religion and someone who can think for themselves.

 

I think that I've made that perfectly clear here while others have made puppetry quite clear.

 

Carry on... you're free to go.

So when logic prevails just bail out?
Forgive me if I don't subscribe to your version of logic. I simply said that according to the bible that the issues described earlier were forgivable. They are NOT the unforgiveable sin according to God's word. You can make any reasonable conclusions that you want. I'm not pushing my faith on anyone else, yet you don't care one iota to propagate your opinion on everyone else while explaining what YOU think God says and what goes in YOUR book. I think I'll stick to being judged by God's book and that will be that. Everyone has to work out their own salvation. You can read the parameters just like I can.

 

I'm bailing because I actually thought we'd talk about football.

I think more people would read your points B-Ball-Fan if you didn't type novels the majority of the time, but I know that's your MO.

Oh, and I still think Sam is a publicity gig for Jerry, as jaded as I am.

 

Have you seen that D-Line? They will be starting George Selvie and Tyrone Crawford at DE if that says anything.....

Have you seen that D-Line? They will be starting George Selvie and Tyrone Crawford at DE if that says anything.....

 

I have. Then why the practice squad? If he thought they were that thin and that he could help why not the 53?

And why go on TV and say you are "so damn mad" that you didn't draft Manziel? That must be comforting to the guy you actually did draft in the first round. I still think it's a circus move more than a football move. Honestly, if he can help them, I hope he gets that shot.

Forgive me if I don't subscribe to your version of logic. I simply said that according to the bible that the issues described earlier were forgivable. They are NOT the unforgiveable sin according to God's word. You can make any reasonable conclusions that you want. I'm not pushing my faith on anyone else, yet you don't care one iota to propagate your opinion on everyone else while explaining what YOU think God says and what goes in YOUR book. I think I'll stick to being judged by God's book and that will be that. Everyone has to work out their own salvation. You can read the parameters just like I can.

 

I'm bailing because I actually thought we'd talk about football.

 

I don't have all the answers about God and the Afterlife and I never claimed to. I don't even know for certain that my personal spiritual beliefs are concrete so I certainly can't turn and preach them to anyone else. I search but I most certainly have not always found.

 

But when dealing with reality, religion so very often just does not add up to making a lick of sense when all we have to do is simply look right before us and see up and down. Religion has done its best to confuse that simplicity all the while adding unnecessary stress through ridiculous guilt.

 

You might've noticed that 99.9% of my views have simply dealt with reality leaving much of the unprovable hokiness out of the equation.

 

I'm not here to denounce the possibility of a God, but you, me or anyone else is lying profusely if they claim that there's some physical evidence of it, or that there ever has been, yet we'll lead our lives following rules written by men who claim to be inspired by this unprovable God.

 

That's not to say that others can't provide us with words of wisdom to live by but to place a diety's name on is a bit presumptuous. People have spent their lives following such beliefs that they can't imagine that what I'm saying could have any merit because they're so indoctrinated to the point that they would feel that their lives are terribly turned upside down if making an attempt at thinking outside of that fantasy box that they've been living in for so long.

 

I have personal beliefs of the possibility of a creator and a bigger picture, and even possibly an afterlife, but I most certainly can't say for sure. Just like anyone else I have hopes for it, and sometimes I've even felt like I've seen signs indicating it, but that whole big picture has been just a bit too big for me to see in its entirely to feel that I know all about it. I'm not so sure how any other human feels so certain that they've got it all figured out.

 

All I've got for certain is reality and until I can come across anything that can concretely give me more than that, I'm gonna keep it simple and logical.

 

I don't feel condemned by anyone here but everyone seems content with only comments that stick within that cute little box. I seem to be falling out of favor because I jumped out of that cute little box and have discovered a breath of fresh air that makes me have serious questions about all the contents of the cute little box.

 

Ever read "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"?

 

If so, did you get it?

This is the NFL forum. Take the other discussion to Controversial Issues. Thank you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.