Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Sam released

Featured Replies

......

 

I hope they aren't all equal in his eyes because I have a tattoo (don't print any marks upon you), I've been known to wear t-shirts with the sleeves cut off when I play basketball (don't rend your clothes), I eat oysters, lobsters and crab legs (don't eat anything from the seas without fins or scales), I eat pork (nothing with a divided hoof), have an extensive wardrobe (wear no mingled fabrics), and I've had wine at church (do not drink wine nor strong drink when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation).

He told Peter to rise, kill, and eat. So the pork/shellfish thing should be good. The marks were in reference to taking the mark of the beast. And Jesus turned water into wine. Drink and drunkenness are two different things. Piercings were also common in the old testament. But I'm sure glad that there's a new covenant and that I'm covered by the blood of Christ. I'm also glad that I'm not the righteous judge.
  • Replies 142
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and I still think Sam is a publicity gig for Jerry, as jaded as I am.

My knee-jerk thoughts of "unforgivable" would be something that brings physical harm or murder to someone else, especially unprovoked, and invading someone by ripping them off and adding tragedy to their lives in any of these ways mentioned.

 

The kid that recently beat up an 88 year old man for his wallet in the parking garage at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati who was merely visiting his sick wife is UNFORGIVABLE!!! with capital letters and exclamation points a million times over.

 

Sadly because of the heroin epidemic these type of crimes are on the rise, but addicted or not... UNFORGIVABLE!!!

He told Peter to rise, kill, and eat. So the pork/shellfish thing should be good. The marks were in reference to taking the mark of the beast. And Jesus turned water into wine. Drink and drunkenness are two different things. Piercings were also common in the old testament. But I'm sure glad that there's a new covenant and that I'm covered by the blood of Christ. I'm also glad that I'm not the righteous judge.

 

I was trying to make the point that taking the Bible literally, over 2,000 years later, might not be the best course of action. I don't really feel like I'm sinning when I do any of the above. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

 

To your latter two points, we are in lock-step.

My knee-jerk thoughts of "unforgivable" would be something that brings physical harm or murder to someone else, especially unprovoked, and invading someone by ripping them off and adding tragedy to their lives in any of these ways mentioned.

 

The kid that recently beat up an 88 year old man for his wallet in the parking garage at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati who was merely visiting his sick wife is UNFORGIVABLE!!! with capital letters and exclamation points a million times over.

 

Sadly because of the heroin epidemic these type of crimes are on the rise, but addicted or not... UNFORGIVABLE!!!

 

That's the beautiful thing about God, His mercy is infinite, eternal, endless.

I was trying to make the point that taking the Bible literally, over 2,000 years later, might not be the best course of action. I don't really feel like I'm sinning when I do any of the above. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

 

To your latter two points, we are in lock-step.

Yessir. I totally agree with you. As for my body being a temple, I plan on wearing this motherscratcher out. I'm getting a new one anyway.:lol2:
My knee-jerk thoughts of "unforgivable" would be something that brings physical harm or murder to someone else, especially unprovoked, and invading someone by ripping them off and adding tragedy to their lives in any of these ways mentioned.

 

The kid that recently beat up an 88 year old man for his wallet in the parking garage at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati who was merely visiting his sick wife is UNFORGIVABLE!!! with capital letters and exclamation points a million times over.

 

Sadly because of the heroin epidemic these type of crimes are on the rise, but addicted or not... UNFORGIVABLE!!!

Maybe not forgivable by you or me. But according to God's word, forgivable.

Where does homosexuality rate on the sin scale? Is it worse than adultery? Than premarital sex? Taking the Lord's name in vain?

 

A lot of Christians I interact with will say it's at the same level as those you mentioned, but I question whether some of them actually believe that. A lot of Christian fathers I know who have a teenage son would probably prefer hearing a confession from the boy that he's been sexually active with his girlfriend as opposed to hearing he's been sexually active with his boyfriend. I'm not saying the father wants to hear either, but if he had to pick, he'd take the heterosexual sin over the homosexual sin. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's my observation.

 

I am with Doc in that I believe all sin is viewed the same by God. Earthly ramifications are obviously different, but I believe in God's eyes, they are all the same. Romans 6:23 is pretty clear that from a sin standpoint, all of humanity is riding in the same boat.

Speaking specifically of Sam...I don't follow the NFL as closely as others, but I was under the impression that he performed better than expected in the pre-season. I really thought he was going to make the team.

Speaking specifically of Sam...I don't follow the NFL as closely as others, but I was under the impression that he performed better than expected in the pre-season. I really thought he was going to make the team.

 

Partly because only his good plays were shown

That's the beautiful thing about God, His mercy is infinite, eternal, endless.

 

Maybe not forgivable by you or me. But according to God's word, forgivable.

 

Seriously guys?

 

I don't have any inside information about God and the afterlife, but taking your thoughts into consideration, If I conclude that It's fine for me to be gay my whole life without repentance, but the thug on his death bed who beat up the 88 year old man asks for your God's forgiveness, he's getting a pass into Heaven, but I'm being sent to Hell because my accepted view of myself being gay by no choice of my own never coincided with your Bible's teachings?

 

Seriously?

Seriously guys?

 

I don't have any inside information about God and the afterlife, but taking your thoughts into consideration, If I conclude that It's fine for me to be gay my whole life without repentance, but the thug on his death bed who beat up the 88 year old man asks for your God's forgiveness, he's getting a pass into Heaven, but I'm being sent to Hell because my accepted view of myself being gay by no choice of my own never coincided with your Bible's teachings?

 

Seriously?

Look, I didn't write it. I'm just doing my best to live by it. You can take that issue up with the guy behind the veil. It was rent in twain by his Son and you now have unfettered access.

Simply being homosexual is not a sin. Acting upon homosexual desires is sinful for the same reason pre-marital sex is sinful.

 

Although gay marriage is starting to creep up here and there throughout the states (although not viewed as moral and valid by many religions), generally and historically gays have been forbidden to get married, yet if two gay people profess their love to one another and live happily together in a loving union, that's still sinful?

 

Why simply because these folks are gay should they not be able to share love just like anyone else? How sad it would be if they bought into man's interpretation of all this religious bull crap and forewent living happily loving lives with their partner because unprovable religion played that strong a role in their lives, when their lives in itself and their love were as true and provable as anything.

 

The sin I see here is others with their illogical teachings (and putting a diety's name on it to back it up), trying to put guilt into the minds of perfectly loving people who just want to be with the one they love.

 

If we're talking sins, someone interfering with love in my book is in itself the real sin here.

 

If it's got to do with procreating versus not procreating, what about the straight married couples that cannot procreate? Are they sinners for entering a marriage when they knew that they weren't going to bare children? If they can't bare children and neither can gays, what's the difference?

 

And be honest all you straight folks out there. When engaging in sex with your partners married or not, are you all trying each and every time to procreate while doing so?

 

Didn't think so.

 

And you all call yourselves clear thinking loving logical people?

 

Seriously?

^ I knew this one was headed down this path. For the record, none of us will be judged by "your book". No one on here has castigated you for your beliefs.

 

I'm out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.