Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Sam released

Featured Replies

Jones is obviously signing Sam for the money and publicity. ESPN reported last night that Sam's Jersey was like the 6th or 7th best selling jersey this pre-season. Dallas is the only NFL team that gets 100% of all jersey money on the sell of their jerseys. Another financial move for Jerry instead of a team move.

  • Replies 142
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

Your post exemplifies exactly what is wrong with today's society!

 

In typical fashion for me, I've said a lot here, so I'll admit my lack of comprehension to your response, and am open to how you might expand on it so that I can better understand your position.

 

Perhaps others here do understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately I do not.

 

At present I can only assume where you stand, and with that assumption I am not at all certain one way or another.

 

Not sure if you're in opposition to my view, or just echoing my description of society at large and it's history of and present display of shallowness.

 

If by chance you think that present day society including the media is a bit overly preoccupied with people's sexuality, I can't say that I disagree with you.

 

As much as I can't wait for that to dissipate, I understand it to be a obvious reaction to many years of oppression regarding the topic, and that it will take some time for it to settle into a non-topic category.

 

Society is seeing more and more gays finding their newfound freedom, and we're also seeing society at large learning to adapt to that, both acceptingly and not so acceptingly.

 

The media has been a player in all of this, sometimes helpful in displaying the gay topic in a not so taboo manor as it had far too long been viewed, and sometimes shamefully hurtful merely for their ratings by presenting it in overkill fashion.

 

If by chance you're not too keen with my observation and feel my position lends itself to part of the problem, I can only say that I might be coming from a different place than you which would explain why possibly we see it differently. If that's the case, that too is perfectly fine. We're all standing in different shoes so for everyone to see it exactly the same would be asking a bit much.

 

Again though, I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me as my perception of your thoughts are vague, and that's why I'm requesting of you to expand some regarding your last response.

 

Either way, you're most certainly entitled to your position, I'm personally just not too sure what exactly that it and was hoping from you an attempt at clarification.

 

Thank you in advance it by chance you happen to give clarification a whirl.

As a Giants fan I love Jerry.
:lol2: I bet.

@AdamSchefter: Cowboys holding a press conference this morning to announce the practice squad signing of Michael Sam.

@AdamSchefter: Cowboys holding a press conference this morning to announce the practice squad signing of Michael Sam.

 

Of course they are.

Of course they are.

 

So, you still think it's solely a football decision?

So, you still think it's solely a football decision?

 

What they don't hold pressers for all their practice squad signings??

 

Actually, this is a good place for Sam to be. Dallas is really bad on defense, and he should fit well into that system. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the 53 man roster at some point in time this year. Plus it will help Jerry sell tickets and merchandise.

So, you still think it's solely a football decision?

 

Publicity.

 

Next Dallas will sign the first girl to play in the NFL.

Then they will sign a transgender to play.

Then they will sign a ??????????????

 

All for publicity

In typical fashion for me, I've said a lot here, so I'll admit my lack of comprehension to your response, and am open to how you might expand on it so that I can better understand your position.

 

Perhaps others here do understand where you're coming from, but unfortunately I do not.

 

At present I can only assume where you stand, and with that assumption I am not at all certain one way or another.

 

Not sure if you're in opposition to my view, or just echoing my description of society at large and it's history of and present display of shallowness.

 

If by chance you think that present day society including the media is a bit overly preoccupied with people's sexuality, I can't say that I disagree with you.

 

As much as I can't wait for that to dissipate, I understand it to be a obvious reaction to many years of oppression regarding the topic, and that it will take some time for it to settle into a non-topic category.

 

Society is seeing more and more gays finding their newfound freedom, and we're also seeing society at large learning to adapt to that, both acceptingly and not so acceptingly.

 

The media has been a player in all of this, sometimes helpful in displaying the gay topic in a not so taboo manor as it had far too long been viewed, and sometimes shamefully hurtful merely for their ratings by presenting it in overkill fashion.

 

If by chance you're not too keen with my observation and feel my position lends itself to part of the problem, I can only say that I might be coming from a different place than you which would explain why possibly we see it differently. If that's the case, that too is perfectly fine. We're all standing in different shoes so for everyone to see it exactly the same would be asking a bit much.

 

Again though, I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me as my perception of your thoughts are vague, and that's why I'm requesting of you to expand some regarding your last response.

 

Either way, you're most certainly entitled to your position, I'm personally just not too sure what exactly that it and was hoping from you an attempt at clarification.

 

Thank you in advance it by chance you happen to give clarification a whirl.

 

There is no need for clarification. All of the Bibles I have read speak of Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. There is nothing left to say from me or you.

There is no need for clarification. All of the Bibles I have read speak of Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. There is nothing left to say from me or you.

 

Ive never read a Bible that spoke good of homosexuality. Only in todays (political correct society) is it made to look like its ok. People can twist words and try to make people accept that its ok. Its not OK to me, now do I feel hate or dislike of those who chose to be gay, NO NO NO NO. I just dont feel its appropriate.

What's wrong with publicity? Jerry Jones is trying to sell a product, is he not?!

So, you still think it's solely a football decision?

 

Heck no. I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. :lol2:

What's wrong with publicity? Jerry Jones is trying to sell a product, is he not?!

 

I have no issue at all with it. He has as much conveyed it is about the entertainment side as it is winning and losing, so God bless him in his decision making.

What's wrong with publicity? Jerry Jones is trying to sell a product, is he not?!

himself.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.