Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Sam released

Featured Replies

I feel like a round of Kumbaya is in order now...

 

Before I scrolled down to your post I started humming it at my desk. No kidding. :lol2:

  • Replies 142
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where does homosexuality rate on the sin scale? Is it worse than adultery? Than premarital sex? Taking the Lord's name in vain?

Where does homosexuality rate on the sin scale? Is it worse than adultery? Than premarital sex? Taking the Lord's name in vain?

 

That depends on each individual's moral compass. For me, it doesn't even rate.

Where does homosexuality rate on the sin scale? Is it worse than adultery? Than premarital sex? Taking the Lord's name in vain?

 

Not sure of a sin scale but I would say saying GD ranks real high and I would say the #1 unforgivable sin is worshipping the devil.

I have often wondered if one is worse than the other.

Where does homosexuality rate on the sin scale? Is it worse than adultery? Than premarital sex? Taking the Lord's name in vain?

 

Sin scale?

I'm not aware of a sin scale. I think all sins are...well, sins.

Sin scale?

 

Do you believe they are all equal?

Do you believe they are all equal?

 

I think the unforgivable sin is worshipping the devil.

An unforgivable sin is described in Mark 3 and Matthew 12

Do you believe they are all equal?

 

I do.

An unforgivable sin is described in Mark 3 and Matthew 12

 

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. I think Clyde is referring to the 10 commandments.

......

 

I hope they aren't all equal in his eyes because I have a tattoo (don't print any marks upon you), I've been known to wear t-shirts with the sleeves cut off when I play basketball (don't rend your clothes), I eat oysters, lobsters and crab legs (don't eat anything from the seas without fins or scales), I eat pork (nothing with a divided hoof), have an extensive wardrobe (wear no mingled fabrics), and I've had wine at church (do not drink wine nor strong drink when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation).

Where does homosexuality rate on the sin scale? Is it worse than adultery? Than premarital sex? Taking the Lord's name in vain?

 

Simply being homosexual is not a sin. Acting upon homosexual desires is sinful for the same reason pre-marital sex is sinful.

That depends on each individual's moral compass. For me, it doesn't even rate.

 

Each person's moral compass? That would mean ANYBODY could do ANYTHING they want and say there is nothing wrong with it (say murder) because they have their own moral compass.

 

Morality is objective and is inscribed in every person at conception. It's the part of the law of human nature.

For all that are discussing: There is no way to "measure" sin on earth. Only God knows a person's situation, reasons for their actions (that we may perceive as sins), etc.

 

Although we know what is objectively right and wrong, it is not our duty/place to judge or decide who is a sinner and "how bad" they sin. The only exception may be pride, which is the way that the Devil became the Devil, so we know that Pride is the greatest sin.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.