Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michael Sam released

Featured Replies

Yeah, and he has 3.1 billion reasons to think it's working out ok for him so far....

  • Replies 142
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, and he has 3.1 billion reasons to think it's working out ok for him so far....

 

And can't buy the one thing he covets most.

Michael Sam as a player to me is a gamer. He isn't going to blow you away at all with his workout times/measures but when it comes to the game that doesn't matter. To me he's a one down pass rusher.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Still about 50-80 better pass rushers in the league.

There is no need for clarification. All of the Bibles I have read speak of Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. There is nothing left to say from me or you.

 

Thank you Hilltopper2005 for your response. In not clarifying things with me, you cleared up a lot. I now very much have a better understanding of where you're coming from.

Ive never read a Bible that spoke good of homosexuality. Only in todays (political correct society) is it made to look like its ok. People can twist words and try to make people accept that its ok. Its not OK to me, now do I feel hate or dislike of those who chose to be gay, NO NO NO NO. I just dont feel its appropriate.

 

If I was attracted to women why in the world would I "CHOOSE" to share intimacy with a man?

 

I don't see the logic.

 

Wouldn't it stand to reason that humans would gravitate towards the gender with which they are attracted to?

 

With your logic I must really be straight, but instead of being with a woman, I "CHOSE" to forego that and court a man instead giving up the opportunity to be with a woman which would be more pleasing to me?

 

Why would I do that if I were truly straight?

 

Being straight, I'm guessing that you certainly wouldn't, so what makes you think anyone straight would?

 

It would make no sense.

 

I certainly wouldn't have any trouble finding an available woman if I were so inclined, but I've never in my life been sexually attracted to them, but I most certainly have been from as far back as I can remember attracted to men... and for me and MILLIONS of others that most definitely was "NOT A CHOICE".

 

When you discovered in yourself that you were attracted to woman, was it a choice or did your body just react in such a way that told you so?

 

I'm gonna guess that choice played no factor in that for you, and if you have enough self awareness to understand that, I'm not so sure how you can't understand how someone who is gay reacted the same way, but just for the same sex.

 

Your penis doesn't lie.

 

If you give me the Bible and the Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve story as some will as your backing, and that the same gender cannot procreate, I'll certainly agree with you that the same gender cannot procreate, but what percentage of straight sexual encounters are done so with the intent in mind to procreate? I'm going to guess it's a low percentage. If straights aimed at procreating every time they engaged in sexual activity then the population of Planet Earth would be far more astronomical than it already is. Without the benefit of providing true scientific research with numbers I'll just venture to say that instead of 7 Billion people in the world, it would be more like 70 Billion.

 

So if the majority of sexual encounters are for expressions of love and/or gaining pleasure, both straights and gays are very much on the same page with that.

 

I'm assuming that you do understand that in order to procreate the man must be able to maintain an erection? If a man cannot feel any stimulation towards a woman to accomplish that, it would certainly be a difficult endeavor to fulfill. If that same man however very much feels that sort of stimulation towards another man, it's pretty plain to see that his penis will undoubtedly lead him in the direction of that which stirred his arousal. What good would it be for the woman if she was with a man who could not be stimulated by her? That would certainly be a disservice to her don't you think?

 

The only sin that I can see here is that you've time and again been given information aimed at enlightening you, however you have "CHOSEN" to remain ignorant and obstinate in light of reality. That's fine I suppose. You're certainly not alone. Unfortunately the world is full of folks just like you. It's a free country and last I checked ignorance of the law might be no excuse, but ignorance in general is still not against the law, so you're safe there.

 

Thankfully I don't need your or anyone's approval and understanding for my freedom and happiness. I must admit though that after years and years of listening to idiots like you, it's quite a pleasure to put my thoughts out there straighforwardly right in your face just as it has been done by the likes of you to me and so many others unnecessarily so throughout history. If you're offended too bad. Perhaps you've never considered how your ignorance, sophomoric attitude, and blatant hypocrisy is offensive as well.

Another example.

images.jpg

 

The only sin that I can see here is that you've time and again been given information aimed at enlightening you, however you have "CHOSEN" to remain ignorant and obstinate in light of reality. That's fine I suppose. You're certainly not alone. Unfortunately the world is full of folks just like you. It's a free country and last I checked ignorance of the law might be no excuse, but ignorance in general is still not against the law, so you're safe there.

 

Thankfully I don't need your or anyone's approval and understanding for my freedom and happiness. I must admit though that after years and years of listening to idiots like you, it's quite a pleasure to put my thoughts out there straighforwardly right in your face just as it has been done by the likes of you to me and so many others unnecessarily so throughout history. If you're offended too bad. Perhaps you've never considered how your ignorance, sophomoric attitude, and blatant hypocrisy is offensive as well.

 

And again if that floats your boat then by all means go float. I have no bad feelings to you.

I just dont agree with the lifestyle, and that is my opinion and feelings. And if you cant accept my belief or feelings then you are apparently not worth the discussion.

I wont get into Bible or whatever since you know what I will say. But If you cant accept my belief then why should I accept yours. You are just like what I have said about society trying to make people accept it.

 

And to use your quote

"Your penis doesn't lie."

 

I guess your right, my penis was never attracted to a mans anus. But again if that floats your boat, then happy floating.

And again I understand your feelings and belief, it just isnt mine.

I haven't read through this thread but I will tell you that I am getting sick and tired of idiots on the radio who take the stand that the only reason SAMs got released is because he is gay. Dumbest thing anyone can ever say. The reason he got released is because he wasn't good enough to make the Rams 53 man roster period.

And again if that floats your boat then by all means go float. I have no bad feelings to you.

I just dont agree with the lifestyle, and that is my opinion and feelings. And if you cant accept my belief or feelings then you are apparently not worth the discussion.

I wont get into Bible or whatever since you know what I will say. But If you cant accept my belief then why should I accept yours. You are just like what I have said about society trying to make people accept it.

 

And to use your quote

"Your penis doesn't lie."

 

I guess your right, my penis was never attracted to a mans anus. But again if that floats your boat, then happy floating.

And again I understand your feelings and belief, it just isnt mine.

 

Because I'm living with the reality of being gay, so I think I've got some first hand knowledge that it wasn't a choice. Why would I lie about something like that? I'm living in these shoes so I think that I spent probably way more time in my life analyzing it than you might have.

 

You are not gay and are just judging people without a concrete understanding of it all, yet you seem so certain that you're the authority on it to pass that judgement while using religion that you can't prove to back it up.

 

Religion is an unprovable theory, my existence is a solid reality. I've not the time to live by someone else's contrived rules when I've got my own reality to pursue.

 

That's not to say that I don't have my own spiritual beliefs, but they've been developed by my own life experiences and not by just following a belief that some world religion has handed to me.

 

How sad it would be if I didn't trust my own existence and lived a miserable life against my instincts because I was following someone else's very likely misguided belief system full of holes.

 

My interpretation and search of the ultimate truth is just as good as anyone who has ever lived on the face of the earth. And if you don't think so, please explain to me why not. How are you or anyone else any more blessed with all the answers than I am? We're all just human beings and to my knowledge no one was born with the gift of knowing all.

 

You've had religion (so have I) and perhaps other contributing factors such as an upbringing that reinforced misunderstanding and negative thinking about the gay issue (so have I) with no outside facts to guide your thinking to see the reality of it in a more mature fashion. You didn't have the luxury of the additional input that I have to be able to speak about it with a more thorough understanding.

 

I can't speak for all gays but my penis was never attracted to an anus either, and it's a grave misconception by straight people that all gay men engage in anal sex.

 

And what's with all the chatter I hear among straight men foaming at the mouth about what a nice rear end such and such woman has?

 

I find that misconception a hoot because I just know that it's the first perverted thing that runs through some straight people's minds (you included) when they think about someone being gay.

 

I personally have always considered the anus to be an outsy with a specific function, and not an insy, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that thinking.

 

You've apparently "chosen" no matter how much new information you've been exposed to that counters your lifelong and present stance, to not budge although I just have to believe there's got to be something in that obstinate mind of yours that believes me when I tell you that I, and so many others did not "choose" this. You won't seem to get past that for it seems to keep helping to reinforce your misconception that you so proudly hold on to.

 

I'm fine with being gay because it's the most natural way for me to be. Years ago I wasn't fine with it only because I figured out very early on that I lived in a world that didn't understand it, and that my life could be made a living hell by so called good people when they'd cause me trouble through ridicule and either physical or mental abuse.

 

What does your Christian mind have to say about the bullying and abuse that so many have exhibited all the while acting so pious as if they're the chosen ones and good people?

 

In my experience, typically most gay people that I've known tend to be passive and nothing like many straight guys who are so quick to put up their dukes to defend their manhood.

 

If anything growing up gay in a hostile straight culture tends to make straight people at times look like mindless animals void of intellect, and gays will scratch their heads lots of times and wonder if some straights are not of a lower species. Mind you this is not the way I view all straights, but many have certainly done their best to give merit to that theory.

 

mountain ref... I'm sorry to say that it's too late now to turn back to your old antiquated way of thinking now that you've been fed so much new information from me.

 

Judging by the way you comment, I'd venture to say that no one ever in your life has contributed so much alternative information to you thus far in your life than I have.

 

As I have said before, my happiness doesn't depend on your acceptance, but I've no doubt that through me you've now been exposed to more concrete truth about all of this than you ever have been offered before, and if you're comfortable with staying right put with the way you've always viewed it, I can be pretty content in knowing that you are now just lying to yourself to maintain your stance.

 

Your way of thinking just doesn't work anymore, and weather you like it or not, it's not going to work for you either. No matter how hard you try to make others think that you are limited in your thinking, you can't fool me anymore into thinking that you don't have other thoughts stirring now in your mind to reevaluate what you've always thought about homosexuality. You now know that you've been introduced to more concrete truths about it that you can no longer deny.

 

Bigotry might've been fun while it lasted, but the new normal is called Understanding.

 

Welcome Aboard.

Because I'm living with the reality of being gay, so I think I've got some first hand knowledge that it wasn't a choice. Why would I lie about something like that? I'm living in these shoes so I think that I spent probably way more time in my life analyzing it than you might have.

 

You are not gay and are just judging people without a concrete understanding of it all, yet you seem so certain that you're the authority on it to pass that judgement while using religion that you can't prove to back it up.

 

Religion is an unprovable theory, my existence is a solid reality. I've not the time to live by someone else's contrived rules when I've got my own reality to pursue.

 

That's not to say that I don't have my own spiritual beliefs, but they've been developed by my own life experiences and not by just following a belief that some world religion has handed to me.

 

How sad it would be if I didn't trust my own existence and lived a miserable life against my instincts because I was following someone else's very likely misguided belief system full of holes.

 

My interpretation and search of the ultimate truth is just as good as anyone who has ever lived on the face of the earth. And if you don't think so, please explain to me why not. How are you or anyone else any more blessed with all the answers than I am? We're all just human beings and to my knowledge no one was born with the gift of knowing all.

 

You've had religion (so have I) and perhaps other contributing factors such as an upbringing that reinforced misunderstanding and negative thinking about the gay issue (so have I) with no outside facts to guide your thinking to see the reality of it in a more mature fashion. You didn't have the luxury of the additional input that I have to be able to speak about it with a more thorough understanding.

 

I can't speak for all gays but my penis was never attracted to an anus either, and it's a grave misconception by straight people that all gay men engage in anal sex.

 

And what's with all the chatter I hear among straight men foaming at the mouth about what a nice rear end such and such woman has?

 

I find that misconception a hoot because I just know that it's the first perverted thing that runs through some straight people's minds (you included) when they think about someone being gay.

 

I personally have always considered the anus to be an outsy with a specific function, and not an insy, and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in that thinking.

 

You've apparently "chosen" no matter how much new information you've been exposed to that counters your lifelong and present stance, to not budge although I just have to believe there's got to be something in that obstinate mind of yours that believes me when I tell you that I, and so many others did not "choose" this. You won't seem to get past that for it seems to keep helping to reinforce your misconception that you so proudly hold on to.

 

I'm fine with being gay because it's the most natural way for me to be. Years ago I wasn't fine with it only because I figured out very early on that I lived in a world that didn't understand it, and that my life could be made a living hell by so called good people when they'd cause me trouble through ridicule and either physical or mental abuse.

 

What does your Christian mind have to say about the bullying and abuse that so many have exhibited all the while acting so pious as if they're the chosen ones and good people?

 

In my experience, typically most gay people that I've known tend to be passive and nothing like many straight guys who are so quick to put up their dukes to defend their manhood.

 

If anything growing up gay in a hostile straight culture tends to make straight people at times look like mindless animals void of intellect, and gays will scratch their heads lots of times and wonder if some straights are not of a lower species. Mind you this is not the way I view all straights, but many have certainly done their best to give merit to that theory.

 

mountain ref... I'm sorry to say that it's too late now to turn back to your old antiquated way of thinking now that you've been fed so much new information from me.

 

Judging by the way you comment, I'd venture to say that no one ever in your life has contributed so much alternative information to you thus far in your life than I have.

 

As I have said before, my happiness doesn't depend on your acceptance, but I've no doubt that through me you've now been exposed to more concrete truth about all of this than you ever have been offered before, and if you're comfortable with staying right put with the way you've always viewed it, I can be pretty content in knowing that you are now just lying to yourself to maintain your stance.

 

Your way of thinking just doesn't work anymore, and weather you like it or not, it's not going to work for you either. No matter how hard you try to make others think that you are limited in your thinking, you can't fool me anymore into thinking that you don't have other thoughts stirring now in your mind to reevaluate what you've always thought about homosexuality. You now know that you've been introduced to more concrete truths about it that you can no longer deny.

 

Bigotry might've been fun while it lasted, but the new normal is called Understanding.

 

Welcome Aboard.

 

Im not a bigot nor do I bully others.

Im glad you are fine with being gay, like I said, good for you.

 

I dont have to accept it though, Im sorry you feel all Christians feel this way, but I would assume a true Christian would feel that being gay is a sin.

 

I think you offer up many great things to say, as a matter of fact I enjoy reading what you have to say and maybe it does enlighten me to some things I never thought of, but for me to just accept it as its OK, I cant. BUT, that doesn't mean I dislike anyone who is gay. I think it would be good to meet you one day and discuss stuff, and maybe you wont see me for what i write, but how I actually say it.

I accept people are that way, I just will never understand why? If that makes sense.

Im not a bigot nor do I bully others.

Im glad you are fine with being gay, like I said, good for you.

 

I dont have to accept it though, Im sorry you feel all Christians feel this way, but I would assume a true Christian would feel that being gay is a sin.

 

I think you offer up many great things to say, as a matter of fact I enjoy reading what you have to say and maybe it does enlighten me to some things I never thought of, but for me to just accept it as its OK, I cant. BUT, that doesn't mean I dislike anyone who is gay. I think it would be good to meet you one day and discuss stuff, and maybe you wont see me for what i write, but how I actually say it.

I accept people are that way, I just will never understand why? If that makes sense.

 

Maybe your best post ever.

Im not a bigot nor do I bully others.

Im glad you are fine with being gay, like I said, good for you.

 

I dont have to accept it though, Im sorry you feel all Christians feel this way, but I would assume a true Christian would feel that being gay is a sin.

 

I think you offer up many great things to say, as a matter of fact I enjoy reading what you have to say and maybe it does enlighten me to some things I never thought of, but for me to just accept it as its OK, I cant. BUT, that doesn't mean I dislike anyone who is gay. I think it would be good to meet you one day and discuss stuff, and maybe you wont see me for what i write, but how I actually say it.

I accept people are that way, I just will never understand why? If that makes sense.

 

It makes perfect sense and I appreciate all that you've said here. I too admittedly get a kick out of reading what you have to say, and I'd venture to say that everyone on this site sheepishly does as well. You certainly come across with flavor.

 

It's pretty cool honestly that people with so many different views can come here on this site and toss all their thoughts out, and although we don't and shouldn't all become carbon copies of each other in our way of thinking, it's an interesting place to discuss it all, and all the while offer each other respect regardless of where we're all coming from.

 

When you said you accept that people are that way but you will just never understand why, it brought to mind that I too have come across different people along the way that I initially didn't quite get with the way they were.

 

One in particular was the girl drummer of my band who was pretty much boyish in appearance who decided after the band broke up to go and truly become a boy.

 

I often wondered if it was because she had trouble dealing with society about being a lesbian, or if she just downright felt like a boy trapped in a girl's body.

 

Ultimately I could do nothing but just take her word on it that it was something that she desperately wanted to do, and that she wouldn't be truly happy until she did.

 

I can't say at first I immediately thought "Oh yeah, that's cool" because truly my first thought was of shock as it took me by surprise. Until her I had never met anyone like that before, so I can completely understand how someone can be weirded-out when they happen upon someone who is not exactly run of the mill.

 

Coming around to understanding her took a bit of me reflecting on myself and how others don't always get me, so I just sorta put myself in her shoes to help myself understand.

 

Anyhow, it would be wrong of me to categorize you as a bully or a bigot when I don't truly know you well enough to, and if you detect from me a testy no holds barred attitude with all that I've said, I'm pretty sure that I can attribute it to years and years of bottled up frustration of hearing from multiple sources of things that drove me nuts and you were awarded the honor of having it all dumped on your head. That's most probably not fair to you, however thanks for letting me vent, and I think you understand that I ultimately mean no harm and hold no grudge.

Maybe your best post ever.

 

Wow... I truly feel privileged to have somehow been apart of it. :)

Maybe your best post ever.

 

Well lets not get used to it, hahahahaa

I feel like a round of Kumbaya is in order now...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.