9 of 16 from free throw line

33 rebounds

Pikeville

14 of 35 from the field

3 of 13 3pt fg

12 of 19 from free throw line

14 rebounds

I think Honaker led the Panthers with 13 pts

Eek! A lot closer than I thought. Survive and move on this time of year I guess. BL upsetting PCC really sets the table for Central too have a nice shot this year. I still think it will be them and Paintsivlle in the Finals.

Pikeville will be a VERY good team in the not-too-distant future. When the game was on the line, the 5 on the floor for PHS were Frosh-Frosh-Soph-Jr-Sr. Gutsy job especially by a kid that gets EVERYTHING out of what he's got -- Tim Champlin.

Look for a PHYSICALLY STRONG team (Coach Williams is a believer in basketball kids being STRONG...and not one of those that subscribes to the old wives tales of lifting weights "bulks you up and hurts your shot").

This year, they made their run by being a SMART team that plays HARD the whole game and takes advantage when their more-talented opponent makes mistakes. In the future, you'll see some SHOOTERS get developed (Clevinger, Sword) along with the kids that can score by slashing (Harmon, Honaker). Add to that a 6'9 body in the middle and some other key role players, and you'll see a DEEP bench, a STINGY HUSTLING defense, and a SMART team that doesn't beat itself.

JC showed a lot of heart at the end to win against the gritty effort of PHS. Best of luck to them the rest of the way.

But in the future, look for a VERY stong Pikeville team -- hopefully in many sports...PHS is a unique place where the philosophy is that the best athletes in the school are ENCOURAGED to play more than ONE sport and the coaches work together with the best interests of the kids in mind.

Pikeville will be a VERY good team in the not-too-distant future. When the game was on the line, the 5 on the floor for PHS were Frosh-Frosh-Soph-Jr-Sr. Gutsy job especially by a kid that gets EVERYTHING out of what he's got -- Tim Champlin.

Look for a PHYSICALLY STRONG team (Coach Williams is a believer in basketball kids being STRONG...and not one of those that subscribes to the old wives tales of lifting weights "bulks you up and hurts your shot").

This year, they made their run by being a SMART team that plays HARD the whole game and takes advantage when their more-talented opponent makes mistakes. In the future, you'll see some SHOOTERS get developed (Clevinger, Sword) along with the kids that can score by slashing (Harmon, Honaker). Add to that a 6'9 body in the middle and some other key role players, and you'll see a DEEP bench, a STINGY HUSTLING defense, and a SMART team that doesn't beat itself.

JC showed a lot of heart at the end to win against the gritty effort of PHS. Best of luck to them the rest of the way.

But in the future, look for a VERY stong Pikeville team -- hopefully in many sports...PHS is a unique place where the philosophy is that the best athletes in the school are ENCOURAGED to play more than ONE sport and the coaches work together with the best interests of the kids in mind.

:thumb: :dancingpa

How were the 13th region officals last night?

I thought they were terrible...seemed to get a lot of calls wrong in both games going both ways...hopefully all the bad calls evened out...

:thumb: :banana: :fire:

Coach J is exactly right!! I think if you look at who graduates from the 15th region schools and who Pikeville has coming back, the Panthers should be near the top of the region next year. Of course Pikeville's seniors will be missed, but this should be a really good team. The effort, determination, heart and teamwork are already in place.

Coach J is exactly right!! I think if you look at who graduates from the 15th region schools and who Pikeville has coming back, the Panthers should be near the top of the region next year. Of course Pikeville's seniors will be missed, but this should be a really good team. The effort, determination, heart and teamwork are already in place.

I'd put them in the top 4 easily...