Jeffersontown/Scott Scrimmage

uk#1fan

Any updates?

They played two quarters of game situation with the starters, and Scott won 21-0. J-Town didn't move the ball well, and Scott looked solid on offense and defense, and defensively one of their better players, Elijah Miller didn't play for Scott tonight The backups then played some, followed by JV, and then the starters came back and played a few goal line series from the 10. J-Town did score a couple of times, but Scott also scored at least twice.

J-Town had some size and a few pretty good athletes.

JV also won their session 21-0. Nelson Perrin ran for 2 TD's and had a Int he returned for a TD.

Roberto London scored all 3 of Scott's TD's during the varsity 2 qrt game portion of the scrimmage. J-Town really struggled to move the ball. I don't think that they got 1 first down in the two quarters of varsity play. They did have some receivers open that would have resulted in big plays but their QB overthrew them each time. Scott's o-line is big but young and it showed. I thought the line played badly but again they are very young and should get better with each game. I thought of the two QB's Perrin threw the better ball and looked better overall but he played with the JV and didn't get any snaps with the first team.

As already mentioned both team ran plays beginning at the 10 yard line. J-Town scored twice and Scott scored at least 3 times (London-2 and Pleasant-1). There is probably 1 or 2 Scott TD's I am forgetting.

JV also won their session 21-0. Nelson Perrin ran for 2 TD's and had a Int he returned for a TD.

Roberto London scored all 3 of Scott's TD's during the varsity 2 qrt game portion of the scrimmage. J-Town really struggled to move the ball. I don't think that they got 1 first down in the two quarters of varsity play. They did have some receivers open that would have resulted in big plays but their QB overthrew them each time. Scott's o-line is big but young and it showed. I thought the line played badly but again they are very young and should get better with each game. I thought of the two QB's Perrin threw the better ball and looked better overall but he played with the JV and didn't get any snaps with the first team.

As already mentioned both team ran plays beginning at the 10 yard line. J-Town scored twice and Scott scored at least 3 times (London-2 and Pleasant-1). There is probably 1 or 2 Scott TD's I am forgetting.

I wouldn't call line play bad, I'd say it was uneven. They did a better job run blocking, and much of the struggles came on pass blocking. Scott's backs and recievers did a good job blocking and had some great blocks downfield that led to scores.

Not happening. 5-5 will be a good season with this young group. A year away from being really good.

Really, 5-5 would be disappointing with their schedule. South Oldham and Mason County are the only really good teams on the schedule. But they won't make the state finals.

Really, 5-5 would be disappointing with their schedule. South Oldham and Mason County are the only really good teams on the schedule. But they won't make the state finals.

Lots of question marks on the schedule with Cooper, Conner, Holy Cross and Newport. I don't think we really know yet how good or bad these teams will be this year.

Lots of question marks on the schedule with Cooper, Conner, Holy Cross and Newport. I don't think we really know yet how good or bad these teams will be this year.

I would agree that they are all question marks. However, I think we can say none of those teams are going to be great this year, and at best will be just good. No way does Scott go 0-4 against those teams, with 3 of the 4 games at home (only Cooper is an away game). Splitting those games, which is more than reasonable, should put them in the 6-4 range. 7-3 isn't out of the question. Of course, injuries could mix things up. A good year this year, sets them up for a nice 3-4 year run, especially since they'll be playing in 4a.