EARLY Mr. Football Candidates

Purple88

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venemann played half the snaps for half the game most nights and he averaged 25 yards per catch vs 14 for Winkler.

And Feggins was Highlands best WR and Winkler proved he is the best at a WKU camp. Enough said guess we will see who has the better season this year.

My top 5 would be:

1. Damien Harris RB Madison Southern: Only way he does not win this award is if he gets injured.

2. Elijah Sindelar QB Caldwell County: Will probably end up with a ton of state records. Any other year and he would be the favorite.

3. Eli Brown LB/RB/QB Warren East: If he comes back healthy he will be Mr. Everything for Warren East. Being UK's highest rated recruit never hurts.

4. Reese Ryan QB Lexington Catholic: D1 QB recruit, will put up huge numbers against a difficult schedule.

5. Beau Hoge QB Highlands: His numbers will be ridiculous for one of Kentucky's top teams.

Others: Donald Brooks RB Trinity, Marquez Trigg RB Glasgow, Jalen Washington ATH Frankfort, Davis Mattingly QB Male, Michael Nero RB Manuel, Bryan Pirtle ATH Desales.

And Feggins was Highlands best WR and Winkler proved he is the best at a WKU camp. Enough said guess we will see who has the better season this year.

Proved nothing, you're going on rumor. Venemann has better stats in every way, that says it all. However, I posted the numbers not to show Venemann is better but to show that there are many WRs with similar stats, none of who belong in the Mr Football conversation.

Proved nothing, you're going on rumor. Venemann has better stats in every way, that says it all. However, I posted the numbers not to show Venemann is better but to show that there are many WRs with similar stats, none of who belong in the Mr Football conversation.

Winkler has one stat Venemann doesn't a win against Collins last year!

I'm one who believes it's a two nan race but would like to hear some more names of those who might have big years to get mentions.

I agree, it's, more then likely, between Damien Harris and Elijah Sindelar. But........

According to the ranking services, the most sought after, highly ranked seniors-to-be players in the state are in this order:

1. Damian Harris, Madison Southern

2. Emmitt Smith, Warren Central

3. Eli Brown, Warren East

4. Donald Brooks, Trinity

5. Elijah Sindelar, Caldwell County

6. Reece Ryan, Lexington Catholic

7. Mason Wolfe, Henderson County