When You Wish You Had Said Something

Pura Vida

Exactly, you nailed it...his shirt should say "Proud to be Asian!"

I'm not trying to trap you into saying "It's an Asian thing" is OK and then get you in a "Aha" then why isn't "It's a white thing" OK.

Just who would really be offended by a Asian guy wearing "It's an Asian thing" or an American Indian wearing "It's and Indian" thing T-Shirt? Would you be offended by either of those shirts?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to trap you into saying "It's an Asian thing" is OK and then get you in a "Aha" then why isn't "It's a white thing" OK.

Just who would really be offended by a Asian guy wearing "It's an Asian thing" or an American Indian wearing "It's and Indian" thing T-Shirt? Would you be offended by either of those shirts?

Perhaps if an image of the Pearl Harbor bombing was a theme of the shirt.

Offhand I can't think of anything that Indians have done that would send an offensive message.

1. Looking for a reaction

2. Only semi-clean shirt he had

3. Was forced to wear it as punishment for racial remark made in hopes that he'd get taught a lesson

4. Only shirt with sleeves #SunBurnShouldersHurt

5. Family is too dumb to read and just liked the pretty colors.

6. Going to Walmart after game, wanted to fit in.

7. Mom was wearing his Throwback George Wallace for President Shirt

In my very unscientific opinion, I'll say that the chances of #3 are close to absolute zero.:D

1. No setting of trap or falling into trap here.

2. I would not be personally offended by either of the examples you give. I would have a problem with the original reference along with the Confederate flag.

3. I'm not crazy about the "you wouldn't understand" part of the line on any of the shirts. I think it is dumb and puts people down. There are all kinds of t-shirts that I see that are just plain stupid and make me question the intelligence of the people wearing them. I could jump on a soapbox about what it says about society in general, but I won't. Let's just say that 40 years ago, my parents would have paddled my behind if I wore something like that.