Conner vs Cov Cath 5/27 Predictions

I assume since neither threw yesterday that it will be Heppler vs Ross tonight in the 5pm game at Florence Freedom. Should make for an outstanding game. What say you?

Really looking forward to this one.

Contrast in styles and personalities.

Each team will have their ace going.

Could be a pitching duel like we saw last night in the nightcap. Cov Cath is going to have to hit better than they did last night if they want to have a chance to beat Ross. Conner is going to have to play fundamental defense to handle the pressure CCH will put on them. Should be a good game. Either team is capable of winning this one.

I'm going with Conner with the upset -- 3-2

I don't really think it would be an upset. Conner has been beating everybody this year. They beat Beechwood twice already this year and I think will be favored in this matchup. Should be a good one and I will go with Conner to win this game.

I don't really think it would be an upset. Conner has been beating everybody this year. They beat Beechwood twice already this year and I think will be favored in this matchup. Should be a good one and I will go with Conner to win this game.

Just going based on the rankings. I don't think it is much of an upset either.

Just going based on the rankings. I don't think it is much of an upset either.

I'm with you. I think you could take out St Henry and Bellevue and the rest of the teams in the regional tourney can flip a coin with except for maybe Dixie. They are all that close I think.

I'm with you. I think you could take out St Henry and Bellevue and the rest of the teams in the regional tourney can flip a coin with except for maybe Dixie. They are all that close I think.

Bellevue is not an easy out 6 runs on 5 errors it's hard to beat anyone with that in the box score other then the homerun by #22 for Conner Bellevue pretty much handed the game to Conner, which even with that being said one batter before the homerun Bellevue had an error at shortstop with a double play ball that could have ended the inning! Not taking anything away from them they are a great team but it's tough to lose to anyone when they give your more then 3 outs!

I see Covington Catholic winning this one to much small ball for Conner to handle!

Bellevue is not an easy out 6 runs on 5 errors it's hard to beat anyone with that in the box score other then the homerun by #22 for Conner Bellevue pretty much handed the game to Conner, which even with that being said one batter before the homerun Bellevue had an error at shortstop with a double play ball that could have ended the inning! Not taking anything away from them they are a great team but it's tough to lose to anyone when they give your more then 3 outs!

I see Covington Catholic winning this one to much small ball for Conner to handle!

They aren't an easy out. That doesn't mean that they were expected to go far in this tournament either.

Put it this way, no one was shocked that they aren't still playing. Not taking anything away from them at all, but if you were ranking the teams in the Regional tournament before it started, where exactly would you rank Bellevue?

Personally I would have ranked them this way

Dixie

Beechwood

Conner

CCH

Boone

Highlands

Bellevue

St Henry

I like Conner 4-2 in a close one. Ross has just been too good on the mound this year to doubt him tonight in my view.

Something to watch will be the 3B for Conner, Jacob Owens. He is a sophomore and was called up from the JV team and has only been at the varsity level for a couple of weeks now. I'd have to think he will need to field a few key bunts cleanly in this game for Conner to have success.

I like Conner 4-2 in a close one. Ross has just been too good on the mound this year to doubt him tonight in my view.

Something to watch will be the 3B for Conner, Jacob Owens. He is a sophomore and was called up from the JV team and has only been at the varsity level for a couple of weeks now. I'd have to think he will need to field a few key bunts cleanly in this game for Conner to have success.

Bunting should be outlawed!:lol2:

**Disclaimer - be careful to turn down volume if work viewing**

You still have to score a run no matter how many you give the other team. Bellevue should be proud how they performed this year but they are not in the same class as most teams in the regional in terms of overall talent. Just the way it is.

The turf hurts teams like CCH like to bunt.

Bunting should be outlawed!:lol2:

**Disclaimer - be careful to turn down volume if work viewing**

That was awesome. Someone should sent it to Krumps just for fun. The man has won a ton of games with the bunt but that doesn't mean this wasn't funny.